My little friend may be pregnant..

You know the girl I told you about that walks so far to school. Well I can't believe she called me last night. she thinks she is pregnant. She did it one time and did not use anything. I can't tell you how scared this child is now thinking of the beating her mother is going to give her. $ I don't know what I can do other than buy her a test. I can't afford $600 to have an abortion that she wants. She said she is so stressed raising her brothers that it would kill her to keep it. I told her to wait two weeks and I will get her a test. That is when she is normally getting her cycle. What else can I do? Talking to her mother is a waste of time.
Wow. Get her a test, and pray for her. Make sure she knows the cost both physically and emotionally of abortion. My mom says the psychological scarring is so bad that instead of telling me what she means by it, she says to picture a woman in the nursing home rocking a pillow, regretting the abortion she had gotten. If she can't afford to keep it, have her adopt it away. There are ways to make an open adoption possible so that her child isn't some long lost painful memory. My friend Jenny is adopted. Her biological mother got pregnant at 16 and put her up for adoption.
I talked to her about that and let her know the pain is awful. I lived it so I know..I feel so bad for her and if she was to keep it I would take her and the child if she was put out. I know the mother she will beat that baby out of kam..
@Maggiepie (7821)
GIFTS: If her mother really is that abusive, the girl needs to get out & live elsewhere. Perhaps you should talk to a lawyer & see what he or she suggests. Perhaps you could adopt this girl. Pray for help. I'll do the same. God bless you for wanting to help! Maggiepie "In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer & orator 1833-1899
She is not going to let her go while she is baby sitting her sons. Not until her husband gets her either.
Oh. Poor girl. I guess she never learned to use protection? I'd be in a panic too if I were in her situation. If she is pregnant, I guess adoption is the only way to go. Pray for her and yes, buy her that test. That's all you can really do to support her.
If this child is pregnant her mother is going to be it out of her. There is no way around it. she beats this child with brooms. I will have to call cps if she tells me she is really pregnant. Just so they can tell the mother with her.
Oh. That is so sad! Yes, if she really is pregnant, I would do the same thing and call the police so they can be there. Otherwise, the baby and your friend could be seriously injured.
I will be sad to read her mother was in jail for killing her teen daughter.
@ip5217 (1656)
Woah! I hope she realizes the negative effects of abortion before she even considers it. Please guide her, making her realize that her mother getting mad at her is just temporary. At the end of the day, her mother will still support her throughout her pregnancy. Let's just hope the test turns out negative.
@Maggiepie (7821)
You might be wrong. In a case such as this, your breezy optimism could be fatal advice for the girl, & her baby! Some "parents" are abusive, after all, & it sounds as though this girl's "mother" is a candidate for the title! Not every parent gets over things, & advising the girl to tell her mother of the (possible) pregnancy, when she has reason to be afraid of her mother, is naive. I think you must have lived a very sheltered life to be unaware of such dangerous parents. I'm glad you did, if that's so, but please go look on the internet for child abuse cases, & thank God your family was normal. Not everyone's is. Maggiepie "In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer & orator 1833-1899
@lingli_78 (12852)
i feel so sorry for your friend... i hope everything will be alright with her... i don't really recommend adoption as i am against it... i consider adoption the same as killing an innocent life... also, the emotional scar will stay for quite a long time after the abortion... getting family and friends support is much better rather than adoption... take care and have a nice day...
@Maggiepie (7821)
I beg your pardon!? Did you mean to say "abortion" every time you used the term "adoption?" It wouldn't make any sense unless you did make those typos, as "adoption" is anything BUT the "killing (of) an innocent life!" And yes, I know for a fact that the after effects of abortion last a woman's entire life. Maggiepie "In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer & orator 1833-1899
@choybel (5059)
Just hope and pray that all will turn out good. Having the test should be the first step.
I will thanks a lot.
@Cutie18f (9564)
My, that's hard. I just feel sorry for your friend. I just hope that she will test negative and should resolve never to do it again. She's just putting herself in such a difficult situation.
Ouch and not good for her being in the situation she is at home. All you can do is go ahead and purchase the test but really she is going to need to speak to her mother because their is a big decision to be made. Encourage her gifts that she needs to try and speak to her mother, as bad as the outcome may be she will need a parent there to guide her.
@kkanaka (887)
I dont know what's the stroy behind the little girl you talking about, but it seems that she is in a bit of a problem... just pray for her and I do will add her in my prayers...
@daeckardt (6245)
I find it really sad that these situations come up, but it happens all the time. Kids should know more about the facts of life and if the parents aren't going to teach it, someone else should. Help her to calm down and get her the test if it will make her feel better. I remember my pastor when I was in 9th grade always says there's no such thing as an unwanted baby, just an unwanted pregnancy. I would definitely encourage this girl, if she is pregnant, to follow through with the pregnancy and to make a couple happy that might not otherwise be able to have a child. If she is in danger from her mother, she can be taken from the home by cps and so can the other children. If the mother has been known to be abusive, it is best to get ALL of those kids out of that situation.
I feel sorry for your young friend, but, if she is, indeed pregnant, I also feel sorry for the life she carries. If she cannot go to her mother, she should be directed to a local clergy. During school time, she might check in with the school nurse or counselor. You are doing all you can by supplying the test.
• Jamaica
having an abortion is not a solution to this girl's problem,as abortion is the killing of an unborn child,who knows?this child could be the next president of the united states of america,could be the next ophrah.What i would suggest is that you talk to the mother of the little girl letting her know about the pregnancy,if she can't help her daughter to take care of the child then the child could be given up for adoption.
@jdyrj777 (6558)
I totally think abortion is murder. But maybe she can move away from her moms house.
@chaska (170)
I think that you should get her a pregnancy test also and see what the results are. Then you can go from there and make decisions about what the future will be.
There are some organizations that would give her free advice and help. They might even be able to help her out of her situation with her mother. I can't think of the names of them right now, but maybe a search engine would turn them up. GardenGerty might know. She seems to know about these things.
@laydee (12815)
How old is she? I think all you could do right now is to get a test quick and then try to see from there how things could be done. It's difficult if you're going to start talking to people about her situation if there hasn't really been proof yet. Anyhow, I'm wondering what the father-to-be thinks about such?
• United Arab Emirates
It was so nice of you to help her in little things like buying her a pregnant test. There's nothing you can do about it but to pray not only for her but for her mother. Life is a choice and abortion is not one of the options. I have a friend before with the same case. Her parents really got angry and almost threw her out of the house but later on things got better specially when they saw the baby. Life is full of surprises, we cannot correct a mistake by doing another mistake. It's a responsibility that she has to learn to face.
@tammy27 (1247)
if she would want an abortion, i bet she should just have an adoption. besides it will only take her 9 months to carry the baby in her. doesnt she have anyone who could help her financially??? can you help her financially? or better yet, keep her in your house for at least 9 months... i hope hre other friends would help her work things out.
@voracious (624)
Like majority said just wait for 5 weeks before taking a pregnancy test and if she's positive then just tell to her mother the truth. I know her mother will get mad but it will go away if you care to explain to her rather than keeping it because time will comes that she will notice it and might the worst situation she will ever had.
@cream97 (29175)
Hi. giftsandbagscom. I hope that she is not pregnant. I have been away from myLot for almost a week now, so I don't know the complete details about this young girl, quite yet. How old is she? I think that you buying her a pregnancy test would be the best option. She can also go to her local health department to receive a free pregnancy test in confidentiality. She can get this pregnancy test done when when she is five weeks, from missing her menstrual cycle. If she is just too young for this, or she fears that her mother will find out, then taking a free pregnancy test would be the best option. I am sorry that her mom may be angry with her if she is pregnant. It is nothing that her mom can really do, but just accept the fact that her daughter is pregnant, if she really is.
You are a nice friend to even offer to buy her the test. But sadly it just takes one time unprotected to get pregnant, I hope for her sake she is not and it will scare her enough to wait til she's married if possible.