Rewatch syndrome

Calgary, Alberta
I hope this is relatable with anyone, A person from your household fell in love with a movie,They love the movie so much they watched gazzilion times to the point you are annoyed and irritated. then when its you going to rewatch something , they will complain. How do you deal with such situation? Was there a movie that got you addicted? Are once annoyed by a person who rewatches a film multiple times? When people got annoyed of you for rewatching, do you hesitate to rewatch?
Oh yeah, I'm guilty and I know loads of people equally guilty. All of us in my family have a small selection of films that we TOTALLY adore and always want to watch on a movie night. For my Mom it's Frequency, Secondhand Lions, and Deja Vu. Hers is the shortest list, so it's the most annoying. I like all three films, but none of them are the films that I can literally watch over and over again and not get bored of. For me it's the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the first Chronicles of Narnia movie, City of Ember, and The Last Unicorn.
• Calgary, Alberta
My brother is insane about Lord of the rings trilogy. I remember before he gets married and move out from my parents , he watches it everyday and even read the books. On the other hand, i remember my self getting addicted to a flop Al Pacino movie about a 3d animated actress people believe to exist.
Yeaaahhh... that's me. I'm crazy about Lord of the Rings. That sounds funny... is it a low-budget film?
• Calgary, Alberta
its actually high budget, people just dont get the concept but I like it.
@thezone (9451)
Without a doubt the Star Wars trilogy. I have every kind of version since they were released on home media. I have the other half driven mad sometimes lol. Sometimes there are certain movies that can lift your spirits no matter how many times you watch them
• Calgary, Alberta
older star wars movie have very old special effects but its not getting old.
@thezone (9451)
The puppets and animatronics are still better than any of the CGI in the new ones
• Calgary, Alberta
I still cant move on from the fact they were twins.
@ravisivan (14055)
I watch old movies only again and again. In Tamil -- Sippikul muthu, Salanagai oli , sankarabaranam(telugu) - these movies I watch whenever I visit USA. While staying in Chennai i will be busy with work and cannot watch movies. I have to prepare for the classes. Yes. my wife use to get bored with my watching same movie again and again. Songs I hear quite often. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgKsa8ywYkk I like this song very much.
@thezone (9451)
Ohhh I feel your pain Albert. Chick flicks! are the not one use only and even that is one too many.
• Calgary, Alberta
About my absence, I have lots of gigs in commercial voiceovers, back to the topic, she forced me to watch a very old movie but its awesome.
@thezone (9451)
Congrats on the new work. Are you enjoying it? A friend of mine used to do localisation and voice over for games and he said it was very fun. What was the movie? Old movies are an exception. Most of romcom stuff they have been churning out in recent years makes me want to vomit
@petersum (4525)
So we have more than one computer, DVD's are not a problem. TV movies are another matter - they repeat every few weeks here. It drives you crazy! I watched "Armageddon" several times in a row. So, guilty!
• Calgary, Alberta
Do you still get tears whenever you see the scene where the daughter touches the screen because its the only way she can touch her father who is about to die?
@petersum (4525)
Nah! I was too busy listening to the background music! Great soundtrack.
• Calgary, Alberta
I dont want to miss a thing or living on a jetplane?
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
I used to be like that when I was younger. There were movies that I memorized the entire dialogue and even now I could probably remember most of the movie if I was given a scene or two to refresh my memory. The thing is as I got older I rarely see them more then 2 or 3 times, there are a few exceptions. As with complaints, well I have the same problem, my family don't complain but rather the - oh, no not that again lets watch ... instead. They will also have their favourites, but since I love cinema in general, I will be able to watch most everything, there are exceptions, movies I cannot handle but they are few and fortunately none of my family favourites. The thing is classic movies don't get as annoying as fast I think. I've watched the classic Charlie Chaplin movies more times then I can count and generally enjoy them, yet something more recent might start to wear on my nerves after 2 or 3 times.
• Calgary, Alberta
Therr are movies I found great yet not re-watchable while there are the ones that is hard to rewatch. My family and friends always say " not again" lol I notice kids are the most easily to get addicted on a certain flick. its hard to resist nostalgia, you are right about nothing beats the classics .
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
The movies that I thoroughly enjoy but just due to their length, I can only watch every so often is Lord of the rings, and on a movie night with friends I watched all three in a row, that I probably not repeat soon.
• Calgary, Alberta
another lord of the rings fan, you will get a long well with my brother. he is such a fan.
My grandpa is the exact same way with the movie "Rudy". He's seen it soooo many times and has it on DVD but as soon as it comes on regular tv he gets so excited and watches. I'll rewatch movies myself, but nobody ever complains to me about it. I guess because I'm not annoying about it or other people in my family rewatch things a lot too.
• Calgary, Alberta
Isaw my nephew and niece having a fight over dvd because he watched Percy Jackson so many times.... but my niece who complained about it is guilty for rewatching Ramona and Beezus many times
It's probably true with little kids. I know when I was little I watched Pinnochhio thousands of times yet I would complain about someone else watching a movie too much. I guess when we're little we only think of ourselves and don't really understand the views of other people
• Calgary, Alberta
What version did you watch? I get to watch like 5 versions of Pinocchio. Well its a classic that never gets old
It is relatable to me. I had this syndrome on some TV shows and movies. My brother who is the real movie buff in the family gets annoyed when I am in this syndrome. He often complains that it's no use watching the same thing over and over again. But I disagree with him sometimes becuase I feel that I see a new perspective of the show/movie when I re-watched it. But sometimes, I do it to annoy my brother for lack of nothing to do.
• Calgary, Alberta
I'm notorious for taping my favorite tv shows and rewatch the episodes and seasons when i feel like having nostalgia fever.I memo3ized every contestant of my fave reality show in existence