How hard is it to put your clean clothes away?!

My partner has always been terrible at this, but he has been off work for 3 months so it isn't like he has an awful lot to keep him busy. There are at least 4 wash loads of his clean clothes, which I have stacked on the bed and he has just thrown on the floor on top of his dirty clothes. The room smells of dirty clothes. The clean clothes aren't really clean any more as they have been dumped in the dirty washing pile. I can't MOVE for piles of clothes. Seriously, how hard is it to put a pile of clothes in the wardrobe?!
@bmorehouse1 (1029)
I have to admit I am not very good about putting clean clothes away. I take them out of the dryer, put ones on a hanger that need be and hang them right there on the curtain rod. I fold the ones that need folded and lay them on top of the dryer. Much of the time thats as far as they get before I wear them again. It's not one of my better traits!
We have a laundry basket which I put the clean clothes in, but when its full I carry it upstairs and I put mine and the kids' clothes away, and stack his on the bed. He's just being lazy and it really annoys me. I have 3 little ones to pick up after, he isn't a child and I don't want him acting like one
I don't blame you one bit. Men have a tendency to not pick up after themselves unfortunately, which drives the wives crazy (as if you don't have enough to do). Good luck getting him trained!
@petersum (4526)
Very hard! I'm the same but then I don't actually have 4 wash loads of clothes! I do wear mine regularly so they don't hang around for long. As I do the laundry, no one else is going to complain anyway.
I do laundry every day as we have 3 kids but I am lucky if he brings his downstairs once a week
@kingparker (9698)
Lazy, lazy, that is only one word I can tell you about your partner. I knew all men are terrible to keep the room, and clothing clean. I am typical one of them. My mom always nagging about me on this. I just keep on doing it too. One word for me, "Lazy". But now, I know that I should do better than this, so I would usually help out to put my clothes in the hanger.
@maxen07 (889)
Embarrassing but I often forget to put my clean clothes away as soon as they dry and even when they're already pressed and folded, I'd just leave them on the bed. When you have a very energetic three year-old, it's difficult to do a lot of things at home. I'm the only one who takes care of him and when I do chores I had to leave his side sometimes. I couldn't be away for too long so I often forget to finish a lot of my chores.
@hotsummer (10376)
I am a very organized person . I don't want to see my clothes specially the dirty clothes To be all around the place.I do get annoyed if someone else would not put away their clothes in their own drawer . I do Want everything organize so that it would be easier for us to find anything
I wouldn't say I'm organised, with 3 small children I seem to have very little time and often have to stop halfway through a big task, then forget it and start a new one! So my house is never really tidy. But I like cleanliness even if I can't have tidyness.
That's ridiculous. You need to tell him that you aren't his mother, he has to stop being so lazy and that it's time to start putting away his clean clothes! I've done laundry for people who just live it sitting there because they're too lazy to put it away but it's mean to just basically ignore it and pile it on top of dirty laundry. My advice is to stop doing his laundry if he doesn't start putting it away.
Ha,he knows I'm not his mother - she wouldn't tolerate it! When I speak to her on the phone I always mention whatever he hasdone to annoy me and she tells me he's like his dad, and not to take any cr@p from him
@prinzcy (5063)
That's totally suck. It's like in my case where I've been nagging for them to put the dirty clothes in the hamper near the washing machine. It's not like they need to wash it, they just need to put it there. Still, sometimes I still need to collect from room to room in the house. Even though there's only four bedrooms, it still annoying.
I know, I put my clothes in the dirty washing basket, and most of the time my 2 older kids manage to do it too (baby isn't old enough), but my partner never does! Then he complains that I burn incense in the bedroom to counter the smell of his grubby clothes, lol
I washed today and put everything in it's right and proper place. I hate leaving things out all over the place.
I put away my own clothes, and all 3 kids clothes, I leave HIS clothes. He throws them on the floor!
It's not hard for me or my wife, but we have someone living with us and man it seems like it's the end of the world for this person to do it, I can't understand why people would find this hard.
@asyria51 (2870)
I only have one child, but I do have a dog and insist on washing bedding once a week, so i am usually doing one load a day. I bring it down (as long as it is in the dirty clothes pile), I fold it all downstairs, including hanging anything that has to be hung up, such as work clothes. All i ask in return is that he bring his hanging clothes up once in a great while, and put his clothes in his dresser. Neither one happens on a regular basis. He has piles on top of my "hope chest" which also currently doubles as blanket and sheet storage, so i have to move all of his crap everytime I strip the bed and wash the sheets. Then he complains that he has no clean clothes....that is because you do not put them in the hamper and I do not go around doing the sniff test to see if his stuff is clean or dirty......END RANT....
@dream_ozn (1758)
just one word i have for you. That's lazy. It's really not difficult to just keep the clean clothes into the cupboard. Plus, he's not working for the past 3 months and these further emphasis that he is really lazy. I believe all of us are lazy at some point or other but we should need to knwo where to draw the limit . Perhaps you can tell you partner that it would be much better for him to keep away his clothes and he will be in a better mood too.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me it is happened if you can't provide for the time to do it before you do or in to your work.