2 of the babies died.

I don't know what happened. Gerri moved the nest today, don't know why she did, but it's on the other side of the tank. A few of the babies managed to crawl out of the nest and she took them back to it. That's when I did a count and only found 6 of them. I found blood where the old nest was, I don't know if it was from when she had the babies yesterday or from when they were killed. I'll have to keep an eye out for the rest of them, I hope no others get killed.
If someone touches them the mother will kill it. Why I will never really understand..
No one touched her. Just a specific loud mouth was in here today and he must have disturbed her.
That was sad they get so scared so easy..
@daeckardt (6245)
That is so sad. It reminds me very much of when my dog had puppies. I hope the rest of your babies survive! Perhaps she knew she could only care for so many and perhaps the other two had some kind of problem. I guess we will never know.
Awww that's so sad. How did they die? Those poor babies. I went back to your earlier discussion on when they were born & I looked at the photo you had up on that one of the babies themselves & they are so adorable. Not to mention tiny.
Awww, that's way too sad. I'm glad you still have some left, and I hope that you don't lose anymore.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me it is happened if his kids is not good in health in the womb of your pet.