$36 Jacket. Is it worth it? =P

I was browsing ebay.com and I found this Fred Perry jacket. My boyfriend have been looking for this jacket since last year and mostly stores here in the Philippines have no stock anymore. I plan to give it to him on his birthday this December. On ebay, it's starting bid is $29.99 and $6 on the shipping. I already asked a friend if she could purchase it for me. Then I'll send the money through Western Union by August. Is it worth my money? On the other side, I know it would make him happy though. Just a little hesitant that's all.
hi totallyundecided. if you have the cash to spare, then by all means to get the jacket. however, if money is an issue then i'll backpedal a bit. remember, you're buying from ebay so better be sure to check the reviews for this seller. another thing is you will be having this jacket shipped here in the country and our post office and courier services are not that efficient and have lots of history of 'losing' and 'misplacing' packages. so unless, you're buying from a reliable ebay seller and you can have some sort of insurance for the shipping of the package and then that will be the only time i'd consider pushing through with this. plus take into account the anxiety of waiting for the product and the possibility that the jacket won't live up to your and your boyfriend's expectations. if i were you, i'd rather order from the online shop of fred perry. it is safer and you're sure of the quality of the product that you're getting. hope this helps. cheers!!!
thanks for the best response!!! hope everything pans out right for you about this purchase. regardless about what your decision is, i'm sure your boyfriend will appreciate the effort and thought you put into it. do keep us posted about this one. cheers!!!
@voracious (624)
My advice is before buying anything you should know the quality and internet will help you to find out of quality by people testimonials. If that's a memoravilla then you can buy it for collection.
Don't worry voracious. I've done my homework and the seller has good feedbacks so I believed his harmless and not the phony type.
@ladybug565 (2217)
If it will make your boyfriend happy on his birthday I think it's worth it defenatly. that is a very thoughtful gift.
I hope so. He doesnt have any idea that I am purchasing him the jacket he wants.
@moneywinner (1866)
• Brazil
I don't know if the product is of good quality since I don't know this brand, but $36 for a jacket is very cheap. Usually, when I buy jackets for myself it costs at least $70 with the shipping costs, the jackets that I love costs a lot more. So, if your boyfriend have been looking for that much time, you definetly should buy this jacket for him.
Yes, money winner. I am sending money to a relative in the US so that she can buy it for me then when she goes home, she can bring it for me.
If you have the money for it, go for it. Just know if it's popular bids will probably go up last minute, you should bid on it and see how many people are watching it to get an idea of how many people will probably be bidding on it last minute. If you don't know how to do that all you have to do is hover over your bidding list and a thing will pop up that says the cost, how many watchers, and how many bidders! :) I hope you get the jacket!
I hope I'll be the one to get it though and last time I checked, no one has place his/her bid. Wish me luck my friend.
I don't think that's a lot of money. If it is something you know he would like it should be worth the money. My daughter spent $80 on a jacket for her hubby for Christmas. I think if it is a good jacket that it is worth the money.
True. That's what my friends also said. It may be quite expensive but knowing how someone you love would be happy once he gets it - priceless.
@ajk111 (2527)
if you have the money for it go for it! fred Perry is a great name and that sounds a great price. i wore fred perry 30 years ago and it was cool when i was 17. great present
Hi, AJK. Yes. I have a little savings. And I know it's worth it because Fred Perry is a good brand.
I have tried purchases there, but lose it at the last second, so you have this now? Professor
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I don't trust ebay, but I have been told I have no real founding on that statemnt. I've been told that as long as you use the site right - and only deal with the reputable sellers, you'll be fine. $36.00 for a jacket does not seem to be that big of a deal, especially if it's sold out in the Phillippines, it must mean that it is a really great and name brand jacket. I would purchase it, after all it'll make your bf happy. Now will the jacket be shipped to or your friend? it may take more time to get to you so I would definitely go ahead and put that order in!
Hi! i think the price of the jacket is reasonable enough, if its Fred Perry its of good quality. Its just that, the amount once converted to Philippine peso is a bit high but prices of good quality clothings here in the Philippines are within that range already. I think it won't hurt you so much. My only concern is, does your boyfriend deserve the gift? If he is, then go.
@Sanitary (3969)
$36 for a jacket is considered cheap, especially when it's from Fred perry. When stores have ran out of stock for that design, all the more u should buy it when u have the chance. For the price u pay, it's worth it, and even if the seller wants to scam u, u have nothing much to lose as well. ONly danger would be, jacket might not be in perfect condition.
@diogz22 (516)
That's a pretty expensive jacket. But the thought of giving it to your boyfriend as a present might be worth it after all.
@GemmaR (8526)
I think that's well worth it to be honest with you. Are you sure that it's real and not a fake? If so, then go for it, because you wouldn't get value like that in the shops. Make sure that you can afford to pay your friend back for it though, as it would be incredibly embarrassing if she bought it for you and then you were unable to return the money in the time that you said you would. Other than that, it will be a very good gift for your boyfriend and you already know that he'll like it because he's said he liked it in the past.
if you have the money to buy it,then go for it.if it won't leave you drained off your savings account,it's ok.if it won't cost you an arm and leg,then buy it.just make sure that your boyfriend indeed likes it very,very much.also,the jacket fits him well.