Paypal is up to something again..

I just saw I got my refund back for my laptop. I went to pay for the one I have waiting in ebay. I was told I had this amount in my paypal and the rest would come from my bank account. which is wrong because the total should be in my account. But,then I go to paypal and the money is being send to my bank account. I did not ask for this to happen. so now whats up. a few months ago I had money in my paypal account to cover the cost of an purse I bought. paypal over drafted my account everyday till the amount was over $600 I called paypal to ask them to take the money out old my account the girl told me that she could not do anything. I tried to close the account and could not while it showed a neg balance which it was not neg. so I finally got the bank to remove $400 but I was forced to pay the $200 left. I did not want to link my account with paypal again. but I did since I bought a laptop for someone who was getting back a refund and wanted to get it to my account. now I guess I should call these people to ask what is going on right..
Oh gosh yes, do call PayPal as it sounds like there is criss crossing here. It is the only way you will know which way to go with Paypal in the future. Good luck with that but you should be able to get answers with the call.
I will do just this. Take care..
@owlwings (38090)
• Cambridge, England
This has probably happened because the original transaction (now, I'm glad to hear, refunded) was made up partly of your PayPal balance and an amount from your bank account. You should certainly call PayPal to clarify if you are not sure but I suspect that this is the reason they will give.
@owlwings (38090)
• Cambridge, England
"and partly of an amount from your bank account"
That is really odd, I've never had something like that happen with my paypal account in all of the years that we've had a paypal account. Of course, I now leave money in my paypal account as a sort of savings account, so there is never a situation that they have to transfer from my checking account to cover a paypal purchase. Did you request a money transfer that they are trying to fulfill at this point in time? The other thought that I have for the future is to have a separate checking account that could be linked to paypal, but only for those purchases and to get your money in your hands.
@stephcjh (32385)
Yeah. I would call Paypal and ask them what is going on with the money and that you did not approve fo the way it is being transferred and see what they say.
@Jessi_T (380)
I'm sorry to hear that. I have closed my PP accounts both my business and personal account because I got sick of their unprofessional service. I also found out they were the problem with my website they put a "hold" on the payment I sent to the webhoster and investigated it and actually refunded it back to me. I didn't ask for an investigation. That was it for me with PP. I no longer use them. I will not use them. I wish you a lot of luck though Sharon, I know it's going to be hard for me without having a paypal or eBay to utilize.
@carolscash (9503)
I have never had any problems with paypal. I would call them and find out what is going on with the money. It should not be going to your account unless that is where the refund needs to go. If it originally came out of your bank account, I believe that is where it will go to.
I hope you can talk to a human being. They have messed with me once.. but nothing like you. They took money out of my checking account and transferred it to paypal and I didn't even do that... I put it back into my checking as soon as I saw this. That is all that ever happened to me. I am linked to my bank account and had no other problems. I don't know what I would do if something like that happened to me.
@alvanloh (162)
I think it may be a technical fault I didn't know you can get an overdraft in your paypal account. Any, you must have been pissed. Anyway, i advice you to keep pestering them until you get your money back. I mean $600 is a holistic sum of money. If all fails, remember, SUE.
@chuyins123 (2118)
Paypal has been having issues recently. I don't exactly know what could possibly be going on. So best to check with em. And keep us posted. We could get some great info from this discussion regarding our money online. I too have linked my accounts on paypal. So I'd better be careful then. See ya around. Hope all will be well soon.
It could be that in the first instence that it went to your account instead of sinding some from paypal and some from your account. In the second situation I wonder if there is a $500 cap on your account as there is on mine. After they have held $500 for you they do start charging you for moving money in and out. That is the only thing I can think of.
@hanuma34 (821)
It seems you have undergone terrible loss. This may be due to the online banking system. Better be chasing PayPal to recover the loss, though I am not sure they respond favorably. Alas, you went to help someone and incurred financial loss yourself, sad.