Was I wrong to say no to my friend??

She just called and asked if I had a computer I said yes because she knows I have two. the xyz.. Then she asked if she can come down load some music. I said oh I don't download anything on my computer at all. which is the gods honest truth. I am scared to download music. I don't feel bad either because she won't pay the cable bill since time warner does not have her social. so that means to me if she gets a virus on my computer she won't pay that either right..
@j0anne13 (88)
it's okay, after all, it' your computer. She will understand that.
That is what I was hoping would happen. I will see her tomorrow i hope she don't ask me again.
is she that sensitive? or are you just feeling guilty?
@AishaBR (345)
No I don't think you ere wrong for telling her no. If you don't download anything on your own computer yourself, why should someone else download anything on your computer. She should have understand. She can get music from somewhere else it isn't that hard to get music.
She must have been mad because today she did not call me at 2 like she said she would.
Hi, I agree with you. You're right in refusing her because you, the owner, don't do it. You're just taking extra precaution to your property, that it will be safe from virus. Your friend will not understand it if she knows you're downloading music yourself to your computer. If I would be in such situation, I will do the same thing you did..
Oh I don't have a music player or any type of ipod either. My daughter had one and lost it.
@mohammed3 (208)
I can't blame you for that. A lot of people feel that same away and are afraid to download things onto their computer. It's your computer and if you don't want to download things your friend should understand.
I am sure glad she did because it was not going to happen on this computer.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I don't blame you. I wouldn't let someone just come over and d/l stuff on my computer anyway. If they do anything illegal the cable company may shut off your internet.
And adrian would hit the roof for that. he does not even use the computer and he pays for it for me to mylot. That would just about kill him..
@carmelanirel (20979)
No, you were not wrong..I also don't download music unless I download videos that I upload onto realplayer or other people I trust...I also get on my kids they are not to download things, but my oldest son does because he knows computers and knows we don't have the money if he downloaded something and our computer crashed..Since he uses the computer also, he doesn't download anything that may cause problems.. You did well, never feel bad for not allowing anyone to download on your computer..
I am glad to know I a not the only one. I would hate to fight her because she tore up my computer. well this one is adrian's. Mine is the laptop.
@bobmnu (8160)
It is your computer and if something is done wrong from your computer you are the one that will answer for it. In downloading music if she did not pay for the music it would be you the music companies would come after you. You did the right thing.
Yes, you are right Bob... she would be the one holding the bag, so to speak.. I am proud of Gifts for standing her ground and saying NO to her neighbor.
@stephcjh (32327)
Yep. I do not download nothing like that on my computer either. I would not let someone else do it either and mess my computer up.
Exactly Steph, I would be the same. If I do download something, I am very careful about what I do download, and I would never let anyone else download into my computer.
@jdyrj777 (6556)
You have every right in the world to say yes or no to your own things. My son advised me when i first got a computer never to allow anyone to use it. He is very wise. A person computer is just that persopnal. ID's and passwords can easily be gotten by using personal computers. Your discussion reminds me of what happen to me last nite. I was cooking supper and there was aknock at the door. It was a neighbor asking me if i had any charcoals. I wanted to say no but there it was sitting on the ground right behind her. So i told her,"Yes,But im planning on using it." To which she said,"When are you going to use it?" Now im thinking she is getting quite rude. Then she adds "Cause if you are planning on today we can cook your stuff on our grill." I told her that "Maybe sunday evening." Not that they would understand, but im alergic to pork. Also i choose not to eat red meat. They cook pork and beef on that grill and im willing to bet they dont clean the grill often. Theres no way in h3ll i would eat anything that came off their grill. Barf!!!
I hate it when people do that. If someone says no then that means no. I don't see the need to push the issue any further. Sometimes people don't get the hint. I think that you could have told them that you're allergic to pork. If they didn't understand something like that then they're probably just selfish and ignorant
@jdyrj777 (6556)
Well, i have known these people for a number of years. Unfortunately they are maternal relatives of my son's daughter. They are selfish and ignorant. Or should i say mentally challenged. These are people think red meat is a necessity in your diet. They have actually said that. One of the daughters thinks a ant and spider can mate. Consider the source.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Not wrong in saying no at all and it would make me think three times before downloading onto anyone elsé computer as well. If I ever download anything which I don´t do now at all I usually go to youtube to see if I can listen to it there and then try to buy it. Buying Cds any music Cd is becoming very hard as there are no Music Shops where we are eveb in the few Supermarkets they are getting very limited as to what they sell.xxx
@shibham (17022)
Hi angel. How are you?
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya shibs, Very well in spite of the scorching temperatures we have here now but it´s the typical weather of this time of Year. Do you download things then off the Internet? What sort of thing do you download if you do? I have been keeping in the shade of the House this Morning as outside even the wild flowers had the buds half closed too. This why I have not been more on the Internet this morning as well and seeing as he does not want anyone downloading on his Computer that puts a stop to that and I respect that it´s his Computer and I would not want to fill it with Viruses and Trojans would I? Me I am dong a bit of research about something very important to me so that will take me a time to find what I am looking for but nothing to do with downloads though. He does not mind me surfing on here as long as I am careful well I already know that don´t I?
@asliah (11148)
hi, i got your point my friend,downloading something in our computer could get viruses,sometimes anti viruses cant check it especially when that virus attached to the file,so for me there's nothing wrong on what you have done or saying no to your friend because your intention is make your computer safe from viruses.
@garson (886)
They are your computers and you have the right to disallow any friend from using. It's generally considered not appropriate to use other people's computer to download anything unless it is necessary. It depends on certain needs and whether there is communication and agreement. I don't download songs either. To address your concern, virus can spread through any means. A possible way for a friend to infect your computer is through any hard drive. Make sure your computer is equipped with antivirus/antispyware/security software.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I am with you on this one, girlfriend. I wouldn't let someone come download music on my puter either. I don't have any music....and you just don't ask to use someone's computer for things like that. Look info up or something like that is different. Jeez.
You had every right to say no to that. I would have done the same thing. True not all music sites will leave a virus on your computer such as iTunes which I consider to be a sage music site, but why take the chance? You did the right thing.
@bellis716 (4806)
It's your computer. You have both a right and an obligation to protect it.
@carolscash (9500)
I would not let anyone download anything onto my computer. I do download some files and stuff but that is all and I do not want anyone else putting anything on the computer as it is too expensive to fix it. You are completely right about this decision.
@andy77e (5165)
You did the right thing. Stealing is wrong. I would have said the same thing to her. Think of it this way. You are trying to get your daughter away from crazy jail guy. If you download music, how can you say he's bad, if you are violating the law too?
@saundyl (9690)
No...totally within your right to say no to downloading on your computer. It could get YOU into trouble because its your computer your internet. Other than that it could get a virus...or other issues that you dont need
@cerebellum (3871)
No you were not wrong. I know it can be hard to say no to a friend, but if she downloaded a virus or something happened to the computer, it would be up to you to fix it, not her. I don't download much on my computer either. I am always afraid I will get a virus and then I wouldn't know what to do. Also if she did anything else on the computer and it turned out to be illegal you would be blamed for it.
@sjvg1976 (18401)
Hello Giftsandbagscom, I feel the same way i also don't download most of things on my computer as i afraid of getting my computer affected with viruses.But i & my family are music lover so i don't hesitate to download music.But if it comes to someelse definitely i will not allow him/her not to do so. You think it write she won't pay for if your computer get infected btu will say just "sorry".