The kids are playing like the room is a play ground..

11 pm I had to go to the house above me. it sounded like the floor was going to come in on my head. I was shocked the woman was so rude asking so loud who was at the door. I was very polite being it was that late. I said excuse my coming to your home this late. but it sounds like the floor is going to cave in and my man is sleeping. well look at it 12:25 and the monsters are still running around like animals. I am going to have adrian go to the office Monday and ask that it be put in writing that this can't continue or either I will start calling the police to go there. I never let my daughter run and jump on top of people heads when she was growing up. I took her to the playground for that. and I always taught her people live down stairs. this is just freaking crazy. I am going to bed in a few and want some sleep.
@carolscash (9504)
My daughter lives in an apartment and she has the same problem with the people that live above her. It is sad that we can't rest in our homes because someone else is rude and has no control over their children. I would have Adrian go to the office and speak to them too.
I live on the top floor now, but for three years I lived on the bottom floor of my apartment complex. And when I first moved in I had a new puppy. And he barked when he heard a lot of noise (now when I was at home because I would obviously get him to quit when I was present). Well, the woman above me would frequently have her grandchildren spend the day and night with her. And they would run around all day long, just pounding pounding on the ceiling above me. One day I was going up my stairs and heard her complaining to a guy about my dog barking. As I finished going up the stairs I turned to face her and told her my dog barks when he hears noise. And with your grandchildren running around all day he has plenty to respond to. She looked a little shamefaced for being caught complaining. Because I was willing to ignore it. Until she complained about my dog.
@sid556 (31018)
I KNOW that living under someone is loud even when it seems quiet to them. I've been on both sides of this. I also know that little kids, no matter what...they are going to be active. Living in an apartment I know that I have to tolerate certain little things from others and I'm sure I have my little things that bug them. I would never complain about kid noises or any noises during normal and reasonable hours. By 11:00, those kids should be in bed. Actually, 9:00 or 10:00 is when most people expect things to be more quiet. When my kids were small, they wer not allowed to be all over the place after 7pm. By that time, it was quiet time meaning thaey could watch tv or read or something but not be runing around. That wasn't just for the downstairs neighbors. It's just how it was in our home.
More parents should be this way. When my daughter was growing up we owned our home. There were never any neighbors to worry about but I still had a routine to get my daughter in bed by 8 pm.
Normal playing I would not have said much about being I was up. but that was screaming and stomping and jumping and running all through the front and back of the house.
How very inconsiderate. Alas the joys of living in an apartment, loud neighbors. Whamt I'd like to know is why the kids were up so late?I don't care if it's summer or not but they should go at a decent bed time.
This will make it hard for them to get up when school starts again.
I know this feeling oh so well as upstairs from us is a young couple with a 2 year old. Oddly they sleep all day and so it can be quiet during the day. But somehow including the baby they are up at 3am with loud music and stomping on the floor. We have nicely asked and still they don't care. We have complained to the landlord as we have been dealing with this for a year. Still the landlord either is not doing anything or they simply do not care. Since he does not live in the building he has no idea how troublesome this is.
Those hours of the night here we could call the police. they would get a fine for that.
@stephcjh (32385)
Some people just do not care what time it is. They let their kids do whatever they want to do. Sometimes the kids act like that because the parents act no better.
I could not have said it better. thanks..
@adex19 (114)
hahhahah well children just want to have fun they don't care if they are disbursing other people by during so. it now up to the parent to train their children and teach them where they can play with out not disbursing other people. you don't need to call the police.
You are not allowed to disturb your neighbors after 10 pm it's the law.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I would be extremely mad if I was you. If I was that mom I would be really embarrassed. I never let me son jump around like that after 8pm when we lived over someone. I worried when he had friends over and it was after 5 when people were coming home from work. I know it's summer, but why are her kids up so late?
i don't know why they could not be stopped after I left the door.
I grew up living in one apartment building after another. It was only recently that my husband & I finally were able to buy our own home. But it's not so long ago that I remember having to deal with noisy neighbors & yes a few times I had to complain because it was so late. Like you my Mom always taught us to be respectful of others. That meant being quiet after a certain time & settling down.
You certainly have every right to call the police. That's a legit noise complaint. I had to call the cops on my upstairs neighbors once for being noisy. They woke me up at 3am with their yelling. Then he locked her out, she came downstairs and stood outside my front door (I don't know why), yelling up at him, telling him, "I'm going to kill you _____. I hate you, you _____." And so on. So with the threats and everything I felt no remorse for calling the cops.
@ravisivan (14051)
GSBC: You are posting discussions which are relevant and where I can add my comments. We are now in Detroit with our son. We stay in ground floor (I think in usa u call it first floor). There is only one floor above us. In the first floor above us a boy and a girl (married or unmarried -I do not know - my children do no talk to them- so I cannot talk to them) stay. On thursday night it was as if they are playing hide and seek they ran for a minute. Probably teenagers make fun of boy running behind girl or girl running behind boy knowingly or unknowingly--interesting. Of course after that the problem did not repeat. yes. In such cases where u are really affected--what you have done is the best -- talk to concerned people initially. Still if they do not appreciate--report to office. go ahead. I am not sure whether u could sleep well--we all need at least 5/6 hours sleep per day. have a good day.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i have three nieces and they are all kids,being a kid its natural and normal when the act so energetic compare to the adult,sometimes i hate when they play in our room especially when i wanted to lay and have a rest for a minutes,but we need to understand them and know that is one of characteristic of a kid.
I have a firm rule about noise, and that is that if it's after midnight I call the police!! If it's before midnight I'll tell the offending apartment that I can hear their noise in my apartment, but if it's after midnight, or if they refuse to do anything about the noise, I call the cops.
@RitterSport (2452)
same here but as the neighbours are really friendly people we have decided not to complain but let the kids play up there. We dont mind so much as we live in sight of the rail road and its noisy anyways
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Just how I feel too but they do this at half past seven in the Morning they let whoever it is play football against the Wall at that time and he plays it for quite a time too and no one seems to protest either. Probably it´s because most of them go to work at that time and they think that everyone else has to wake up or be awake because they are. However I am used to it but the others in this House don´t take kindly to it and I used to take my Kids to the Park or downstairs but not letting them kick the football against the Walls either. This still goes on I know and in a few weeks time well two when the Fiestas start here there is a certain Street that will be going through a terrible time as they will have to put up with an illegal Disco right under where they live and the music is so loud it´s unbearable and he keeps it going all night long till about eight or longer in the Morning too. How do I know because I had to live there right in that Doorway and he has never been fined or anything. Last Year I went past there and I felt really sorry for the People that have to endure that misery because they don´t have the money to go elsewhere. Fiesta for some, fun for some but not so for the others that live there and it also affects the People that live at the side of it and across the Street as well. So I know exactly how you feel too.xxx
I have lived in apartments for the better part of my life. I try to always live by the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. So if I don't like noise I am not going to be noisy. And I have house hold rules. No jumping, yelling or running in the house And there is the in house voice and the outside one. SOme people just don't care about anyone but their selves. This mother is obviously one of those types and is teaching her kids to be the same way. Kids shouldn't be up that late anyway. Ugh!
Some people are so rude. The first thig someone upstairs should think about is noise control. If the woman would teach her kids and follow rules of common decency she wouldn't have you knocking on her door late at night. I think I would start calling the law every time this rude woman let this go on. Good for you for approaching her with this problem. Now it is up to her to control the situation or face the consequences.