When do you star shopping for Christmas??

I normally start in August for this. But this lady I shopped with has all the bath and body works for low low prices. So I bought a bunch and it will go to my daughter and i. then the rest will sit for my gift baskets I want to make for Christmas. I am going to buy the baskets and the bags from walmart. Then fill it with bath and body stuff. I have my nephews girlfriend,my sister,sister in law,best friend and my mother to make one for. Then on black Friday I will load up on Adrian's Chrismas stuff. he is getting a lot of stuff. Clothes,boxes,fragrance,scratch cards and more. I love Christmas.
I don't do Chistmas shopping. I have 3 people I give a gift to and they get a gift card. Christmas is so commercialized that I don't enjoy it at all. If I had little ones it would be different.
Oh,I love Christmas and your right it is not the holiday it once was.
@ravisivan (14055)
Good. it is nice to give others. they will also give us in turn. You enjoy it. start buying and accumulating items so that u can make them into good packets.
That is just what I am doing too. Take care
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Me too I love Christmas it´s my favourite time of Year. Although I don´t stock up on things like that as they do all that kind of Sale at different times and they usually do it when I am low on money so I take it as it comes. Lucky Adrian, Mom and Daughter and all of your Friends too those presents sound really good as well. Christmas is something I always enjoy and really you can enjoy it anytime of the year if you want as well.xxxxxx
I just love Christmas so much..
I love Christmas as well. I love to decorate the house and make homemade gifts.This year I want to make for my niece and nephews and I am hoping to start in September after the house is done being remodel.
@sid556 (31005)
Well, kudos to you. You are doing way better than I am for sure. I am counting out change just to put gas in my car to get to work. I can't even think about buying gifts for xmas at this time. I don't think of christmas until it is right in front of me because I can't. I really just can't. My oldest daughter has a birthday coming up in a few weeks and I've been racking my brains to budget to get her a gift...notice I said "one gift?" then I have another daughter whose birthday is a couple weeks from that...end of august. Hmmm... we are still in june and I'm worried about August. Please don't talk about Christmas just yet...stressed enough.
Would you like a koolaid bag. I could send you one free. let me know I have a few made.
@sid556 (31005)
Oh no Gifts. I couldn't take from you but thank you very much anyway. I'll figure it out. I am hoping to sell enough incense bottles to get her a decent gift. The Bruins winning the Stanley Cup is huge and I've gotten a couple of orders and made some extras so we'll see how it goes. I didn't mean to be so whiny here. It'll work out one way or another...always does. Anyway thanks for the offer. That was nice.
@roneal (62)
• Mexico
I usually wait untill the last month to shop for christmas unless I catch a really good deal earlier in the year. I also will buy during Black Friday. Living paycheck to paycheck though, does not always allow me to shop early. The gift baskets sound really cool! Im sure your family and friends will love them!
I really hope so. I may even try to sell some of them.
@roneal (62)
• Mexico
You probably could sell some. It would be really cool too if you had a site on the web selling them!
Wow gifts you are very organized. Sadly I can't start as early as I like as money has been difficult to come by. I am glad that you can prepare early as that way when the holidays roll around you do not have the stress of shopping added to the holiday prepping. I did sign up to listia and have thousands and thousands of points in which I want to try and win the gift cards to use for Christmas Shopping. Thanks to you gifts for having given me the idea last year.
That is what I am holding my points for as well. Good for you they go for a lot of points.
When I start to use them I will ask you for advice as I am completely oblivious how and what the going rate usually is.
Usually we don't start shopping until Novemeber. I would like to start earlier but never can get my daughter to put forth any ideas until then. I would like to start right after Halloween. We had a problem putting things on layaway at K-mart last year and I don't have a credit card so it could get troublesome.
I hope it gets better for you so you can star early. I am hoping to make the nicest baskets ever.
Thanks. Me too!
@CTHanum (8254)
We don't have specific time to do shopping when the celebrations come. Some used to shop early so they can manage the financial and prepare things well while the rest would shop at the last minute as there will be a last minute discount. I do both. Early preparation and sometimes join the last minute club and shop at that very last minute.
I wish the bank had a christmas club like they had when we were younger.
@CTHanum (8254)
(^^)
@mayka123 (10824)
I would normally start my Christmas shopping just a fortnight or so earlier. There are not many whom I give gifts to so I do not have much shopping to do.
That is good of you. I will be taking two people off my list this year..
@411space (55)
I love christmas!! July! most online companies start a Christmas in July sale: just search it.
That is true and I should be looking for stuff to resell too.
I really don't schedule my Christmas shopping. What I usually do is every time I am in a mall and find something nice and on sale and which is generic meaning gifts for both male and female, I buy it and keep it for future use, not only for Christmas, but also for other occasions.
That is what I did a few years ago as well..
@dodo19 (33674)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Wow, now that's early. I don't usually start my Christmas shopping until the end of November, or early December. That's usually when my husband and I really start talking about what we want to get people for Christmas.
I live on a fixed income I have to start early to get the good gifts cheaper.
I shop all year for Christmas. Depends on what it is and the price. Though if i may suggest going to the dollar store to get the gift bags and sometimes you can get very nice baskets from thrift stores and save some cash. Just a suggestion ;0)
I will try dollar tree around the holidays. I know the goodwill also may have some great thinking. thanks.
I know that the Christmas is a very important festival in your side. The Christmas is not an official holiday here, but it has become much more popular than before. It is still so early for me to prepare for the Christmas gift right now. Perhaps I will start to buy the gifts in December. As I can't imagine I will keep the Christmas gifts in my side for such a long time:) And I am afraid I may feel regretful for the gifts I buy now. So I will prepare for the Christmas gifts when it is close to Christmas. I love China
That is good you will buy gifts too. I like to see smiles that day..
@AFI34974 (61)
Honestly, I don't start Christmas shopping at any specific time. When I'll be meandering through the store, I'll see something that's on for a good price that I've heard my aunt/mother/sister/father/etc. talk about at one point or another, and I'll pick it up and save it for either Christmas or their birthday. If it's something they've been raving about, I'll let the other family members know I already got it so they don't go re-buy it. So far it seems to be a pretty good system!
Welcome to mylot. I am sure it does work being I do the same thing.
I will be starting in September. I have many people to buy for and if I do not start by September it gets hard for me finacially. I think it is great that you were able to start earlier and get things while they are on sale. With a tough econonmy it is great to find bargains.
Yes,plus I like to buy nice gifts and see everyone's face when they get it. Everyone was so happy last year..
@stephcjh (32327)
I would start right now if I could but do not have the money for Christmas shopping right now. I usually start mine in October though.
I have this one seller I will send a few bucks to to hold for my stuff I buy from her.
@lilybug (21148)
I usually don't start shopping for Christmas until a month or so before Christmas time because I usually don't have the extra money the rest of the year. I also would have a hard time hiding the stuff from my kids since they like to be nosy and look through stuff. I don't shop for many people for Christmas. Mostly I shop for my kids.
I remember when I had to shop for kk. Now I just get it wrap it and set it under the tree. this year she wants cash. so that will be good for me.
@carolscash (9500)
I really need to start now as my online earnings may be the only money that I have to work with and if I don't get started I won't be able to buy much. I really would like to just take a small trip and buy for just a few people this year.
You gave me an idea. I was wondering what I should use my earning for. it would save me money if I used mylot cash.
Usually around September or October, I start ordering stuff on the internet. If I see things on line throughout the year that people may life, I make a list, and save them for the last four months of the year, when I start ordering things. Then I wrap them and label them as soon as they come in, and put them all in one place.
@soulist (2987)
That is normally when I start my shopping, but this year things came up and I haven't been able to do any shopping in stores or at home. I usually keep them in my closet and wrap them as they get closer to Christmas.