my mri report

@qamarep (4449)
Pakistan
please advise screening mri of lumbosacral spine was performed according to deartmental protocol only T2 weighted axial and sagittal images were acquired. at the level of L4 - L5 there is large broad based and right posterolateral disc prolapse causing severe pressure on thecal sac and neuronal compression in both lateral recess pre dominantly right side. at the level of L3-L4 there is moderate to large size central posterior disc protrusion causing extrinsic pressure on thecal sac. no evidence of osteomyelitis no tumor mass is seen normal paravertebral soft tissues
MyLot isn't somewhere you can get a professional opinion (no one would give you one in case they were wrong). It sounds like you have inflamed discs, though, which means it's not serious and can be treated (I have a similar thing, if I understood correctly - and no, I have no medical training). Talk to your doctor about it.
@qamarep (4449)
• Pakistan
i need any opinion. if you have same thing then did your doctor tell you to get surgery mine did... and i am afraid of doctors here.. they are not good ones they are only business men can medicnes and physiotherapy treat this can this be treated can i atleast do jogging to lose weight
My doctor did suggest surgery as a final option but I didn't need it - I went to physio and got hold of some good, gentle exercises to strengthen weaker muscles. Anti-inflammatories helped, too, as they gave me the breathing space I needed to work on the muscle problem. But this was my particular case and we're all different. And I don't know what any of those big words mean, really. I'm not going to give any advice - I'm not a doctor. If you don't like yours, see another. You need a professional medical opinion. It might help if you bluntly tell them you want a non-surgical answer. Maybe not. One thing, though - I wouldn't try jogging with a bad back. You're likely to make it worse with all the impact pressure you'd put on the vertebrae and discs. I tried running for about 50 metres when mine was bad and spent the next three days lying on the floor in excruciating pain.
I had back surgery in 1997 and it was wonderful. I wish the mri I just had said the same. DonĀ“t worry. What you have is not terrible. Ask for a second opinion and maybe exercises will help. But I insist, surgery is nothing to be afraid of.
What kind of symptoms are you having? I am no doctor but each thing on that MRI report can be looked up seperately and you will understand it better. Hope that helps you. Take care and good luck.