My company has a local account now....

Calgary, Alberta
I want to warn the Filipino members of mylot to be prepared for soliciting calls. the sales department of my company opened a local account where the telemarketers speaks tagalog and will sell stuff to Filipinos. I dont know if Filipinos will be as irate as Americans... but I think many people will be pissed off to receive calls from some phone sales man that sells credit cards. I'm a quality assurance specialist now but I experienced being a Tele marketer 6 years ago and its miserable... I cant believe I'm bashing the company I work for....
At least your company can still be considered honest. My account is a scam. There are pretty shady things that can get a customer mad.
• Calgary, Alberta
Is that a time share account? The spills of timeshare telemarketers creeps me out, they were congratulating for winning something and asking them to show up. Their script sounds too scam for me.
No but it's something like that product-wise. I'm in an inbound account. The service we render has some confusing parts and that's what catches customers in that shady part.
OMG! time-share... i thought i had read or heard the last of this awful awful business a couple years back. was never a part of time-share but i did apply when i knew nothing about it. half-way through the training after knowing what the company is doing, i decided to quit. not worthy at all.
thanks for the fair warning capt. i wonder what company you are working for and what product/products you are selling? or is it a service? i think filipinos will be as irate as americans. imagine getting a call from someone whom you do not know trying to sell you a product you might not even need. anyone, regardless of nationality, will be awfully pi$$ed at receiving a telemarketer call. so you're one of the quality assurance agents there in your company, good for you. qa agents are really not quite popular among the agents especially after receiving a below average call review, yes? lol! anyway, capt, yes you are bashing your own company but no worries though as i think you won't be caught unless they have a mole here at mylot. lol!
• Calgary, Alberta
the company have diverse departments, customer service, outbound sales,inbound sales, billing, Phone directory, flight reservations,technical support and sales. Agents either gives me a frightened look while others looks like they want to strangle me, The local accounts will sell credit cards... Goodluck to them. I use to use my office computer for mylotting.... I was almost caught before. they blocked facebook but not mylot...
well capt, with the way you are spilling the beans on your company, i would highly suggest that you stop mylotting while in the office lest you be caught red-handed. it is better to be safe than sorry.
• Calgary, Alberta
I do less internet surfing at work due to the risks ,a supervisor got caught using facebook by the CEO. He is badly fired
@KrauseHome (35517)
Well, it would be hard working for places that call people all the time trying to Sell them things, or get them to sign up for something knowing that that is one of the main ways that you are getting paid. Also I could work as a Creditor for somewhere especially in today's economy trying to collect money from people as well. But as to Bashing the company you work for, many people do it. If you have read a lot of the discussions that I have started there are many issues where I am working as well that I am always complaining about, so many people experience this.
• Calgary, Alberta
well you are braver and more couragous than me cos I wontuse my face as avatar while bashing my company like there is no tommorow, I'm so anonymous here in mylot cos I revealed somuch truth.
@Rainegurl (2158)
You are definitely bashing the company you work for Thanks for the warning. I am actually very impatient with telemarketers but I try to be as patient as possible...for about two minutes. Must be the pits being a telemarketer, talking to people who does not want to talk to you.
• Calgary, Alberta
they wont know it anyway but if they did i will lose my job for sure. The company opening a local account disturbs me because other companies might have them too. I dont want to receive calls. T_T , I use to be 1 of them, I understand their pain but I dont want to receive calls.