Adrian gave kk a curfew and she was fine with it..

They had a heart to heart last night. she told him how she is a single child and that she is not use to having a father. How it is hard for her to listen to his rules because it is new to her. she was so open I was proud. he told her how he does not know his father and how he is a single child. it was so nice and I loved it. he told her she has to respect him and she said she was sorry. he told her she has to be in the house by 12 and she was fine with that. she told us that she is ready to go to job corp and she knows she will have to follow rules. as for the money. he says $200 and I say $300 so we have not agreed on an amount so far. I guess $200 is ok but after getting so much more she may have a money break down.
Hey, this sounds great! This girl is really coming along isn't she? If I had had an allowance of $200 a month I would have been on cloud nineteen. That's $50 bucks a week. That's nearly what I live on weekly now after bills and groceries. She is lucky. With a curfew like that and the money she is doing good for herself. Sounds like she appreciates it too. Hope she makes some money with her Avon.
I should break it down to giving her the money once a week. this way she will feel like she has some when she might spend the whole 200 in one week. Thanks
That would be a good idea.
I spoke with her and she feels $50 is not good enough for child to live in style. LOL I could not help it but she was crazy.. she wants $70 a week not happening..
@dismalgrin (2470)
That is wonderful. Kids need a positive influence of the male gender in their life. Whether that is 'Daddy' or someone else that steps in to teach them about the way things are in life. I'm glad Adrian and her could have that kind of chat on that kind of level. I know when my Dad moved to Florida my littlest brother begged my mom to get a boyfriend so he could have a 'father figure' around. She refused and I don't know that all the trouble the youngest 3 are causing is from that... or what. But I think they need a firm person to set the rules down instead of a mother that just doesn't really care what they do.
She needed this for so long and the trash I was dating in the past only cared about one thing.. themselves.
Been there. My ex wanted to take my kids from me so he could get child support payments from me. When he realized the state wouldn't do that he signed over rights to MY children to the state. I am so sickened that he did that. I wouldn't have pressed for child support if I had known money was that important to him because I believe that children are way more important than money. Now neither of us has the children because he was greedy and thought to file false claims against me to get them and when that didn't work tossed the children aside. So, it's good that you found someone that is willing to step up and be a Dad to a child that is not biologically his.
Is there anyway you can fight to get them back? that is terrible to live through.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
How about $250.00? That is smack dab in the middle and a good compromise. I am glad she is listening and I hope that she does well with job corp and comes out a brilliant young lady, more mature and ready for the real world. I am sure you were very proud and amazed at her behavior.
I was so proud of her for speaking her mind like that. Letting adrian and her talk was the best thing ever.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I am hoping it'll bring them closer after this, it seems she's come a long way from what I've read of your discussions.
@Masihi (4227)
Aww, that is just so heart-warming to hear!!!!
@Masihi (4227)
Oh, oops, I thought the money was for rent, LOL Allowance - hmm...I'd give her less, though, perhaps $150 tops, but that's my opinion. I guess I know how to do with little, as when I first went on welfare as a boarder I only had $15 per month to spend but that was for about 6 months, I think. It raised after that. Sorry, I should've read it carefully, I suppose :-p
I could not see her with $150 knowing it would be gone once she buys her hair supplies. It will be $250 at the least. she will not be allowed to ask for more money.
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi giftsandbagscom that sounds good with the heart to heart talk. I also grew up without my father present as my parents were divorced. I know who my father is and he has not done any more but brought heartbreak and trouble into my life and I never missed growing up without a father present. Its great they had this talk and your daughter is willing to live by the rules set. Maybe when it comes to the financial problems you could meet halfway at 250 bucks but that sounds a whole lot to me. When I was 18 I had about 70 dollars of allowance from my Grandma (okay that was 30 years ago so it may equal 100 a month now) and I still saved up from it for bigger things I wanted and for buying gifts for bdays and Christmas.
I was just telling her she needs to save up for her shopping she wants to do on black friday.
• Lippstadt, Germany
oh no and she took that as a reason to just freak out?????
Maybe as she shows more responsibility she can earn her way from 200 dollars to 300 dollars. You know, kind of show if she knows how to deal well with 200 dollars, then 300 dollars will be more acceptable as time goes on?
That is a plan as well. She will like the money either way and right now it is ok.
Good to hear that rules are in place in order for her to get her monthly allowance. Sounds like she too will stick with it and as I suggested before $200 is okay and if you both still could not decide then the $250 compromise would have also been okay. I am glad she is looking up to Adrian as he applies some rules and hopefully all will go well here on in. I also think the Job Corp will be great for her. Better then sitting around doing nothing.
We are all set waiting on a phone call now. Hopefully she is gone by september.
Hi Gifts, Maybe you can compromise with $250. I don't think $300 is a lot of money for a month. Sounds like she really opened up and it soundsime she really wants to be a team player in the family. Sounds like she is reay trying to respect the rules a d yo and Adiran.
She is doing her very best. I will speak to him about the money. I think $300 will allow her to pay her credit card bill have that available fund and then the $150 she can buy her wants,and needs. after all she is a growing girl. Thanks I think this will help me..
Really, I even think that giving her $200 is more than enough. That is certainly a lot more than my mother provided myself and my siblings with when we were that age. Instead, we were expected to earn the bulk of our money on our own. I personally did a lot of babysitting when I was a teenager and that was the way that I paid my bills and for my recreation with my friends when I was in high school. I do think that it is a good thing that she was okay with Adrian telling her she had a curfew.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
Money may always be an issue. It is for most people. Glad to see the communication lines are open. That will make things easier.
@stephcjh (32327)
That is good. I hope it all works out. My daughter is an only child also but she did not want to follow the rules here at all. My husband raised her and he is her step-dad but she could care less for either one of us.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Gifts, I think I agree with Celtic on this one. $50.00 a week is much more than most kids get but it sounds fair considering that she will be far away from home and you want her to have money for things if she needs them. The thing is, that they can earn money in job corp and their meals are paid for. She will need snacks and things but if you set up her up with some things to start her out then 50.00 should more than cover anything she might need.
@ravisivan (14055)
yes. now she is in Job corp. good. She will getting boarding and lodging free , is it not in Job corp? $200 is for extra expenditure only, is it not? Did she travel alone to Buffaloe or someone went with her to get her dropped?
@carolscash (9500)
Well, it sounds as though kk is really trying to grow up some and respect Adrian as a role model. She is willing to follow rules and be in on time and if that goes well, then you all should be able to get along better. I think that $250 is a perfect compromise, but I also think that it is a lot of money!
@carmelanirel (20979)
I hope she still feels that way when she is tempted to break curfew.. My boys, I made out a list of chores and I asked them if it was okay and that we can discuss changes if there is a problem..Well, both were fine with the list, until a few days later..They didn't say a word, but stopped doing the chores, not altogether, but just enough that they are not following the list...
Having an open communication is the best way to get the message through and the rules followed without any hatred. I'm glad that Adrian was very open and communicative to your daughter and I'm glad your daughter cooperated as well. Things seem to be doing pretty well.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me he good for that because he follow what the parents want him to be.