My daughter wants to sell avon

I just got the email from them and it costs $20 to start. I will help her get the catalogs out and order from her. I emailed them to ask if she gets a website with the $20. Would you know the answer to that. She wants to earn some money before she leaves.
@rosegardens (3044)
The website costs $7.50 each campaign, and that equals $15.00 a month, unless she gets someone to order from her online for a direct delivery each campaign. That is really hard for me, because my customers do not order online so most of the time I end up paying for it. The $20.00 does not cover it. The fee is for the processing of the paperwork. The district manager will usually set you up with books for your first campaign, but after that you have to order them and pay for them yourself. See if there is someone in the district who buys books in bulk and will sell them to her, it is a little less expensive to do it that way. I save a little money from ordering my books through another representative. What a gracious woman to do such a favor for us. Print out some flyers with a tear off phone number that you can leave in a store or restaurant. Sometimes that gets orders. If your daughter ends up not liking it or quits selling, remember me, the resident ding dong lady, as one of my friends used to call me.
She can leave books there if they approve. Always ask, because they do cost money and one does not want to have their books end up in the trash. They can use the website to direct order, other than that, a customer must go through a representative in order to get the products. We place the orders every 2 weeks for each campaign, so we have 2 weeks to sell and get the orders out and money in to Avon.
I have sold years ago and it was hard keeping up with those catalogs. I will try to sell to family and to people who live in the building. since it is 100 apartments here.
rosegardens, thanks for all of the answers. I have been thinking about selling AVON myself. I do know that it is best to get the $ up front because so many people back out on you (this happens with anything you are selling really). I would make sure that she has a customer base up already before she tries it. Find out if anyone would be interested in buying from her first.
@carolscash (9500)
Yes, I believe that does include the website. I think that it will be a good experience for her and I think that she will do okay with it. I used to sell it and done okay for a while. As long as she has fun with it she will be okay.
She will do just fine if she listens to what I say and don't place order without the money first.
Avon is a big company. My aunt used to sell their products and she earned quite well from that. I think it will be a great experience for your daughter selling their product.
That is good to know I want her to feel good about it.
@mtrguanlao (5527)
Hi there! It's good to know that Avon is really widespread in number of countries. We also have Avon selling here in our country but there is no payout required,we just have to give them the necessary documents needed to be able to become a dealer or an agent of them. I believe if they require an investment in your country,website is also included for sure.
Yes they are all over the united state too.
@EdnaReyes (2628)
Avon has a site and you can direct your queries to them. My daughter started with an Avon site and she did earn some money but she's now thinking of having her own products to sell that would make her earn more. In Avon, one only earns through commission basis which is only a maximum of 23%.
I was thinking of selling products on ecrater as well.
@moneywinner (1866)
• Brazil
I think this is a great idea from her. It's always to good to earn your own money and be able to buy your own things. And, avon is a good way to start because, at least in my country, avon is a very popular brand and I know a lot of people that use avon products. Also, avon products are not very expensive, so, everyone can buy the products regulary. I don't know if they give website to start where you live, but I know that here they don't. But, it's not too difficult to create one website or blog, because doesn't have to be a professional one.
Here they offer one. I will not get it being we can't afford it right now.
@dismalgrin (2470)
That is awesome. I think the website is included with the 20 dollar fee. I used to sell Avon myself, but that was back before they really switched to selling with a website as well. I would just give a word of caution that your daughter insist on receiving payments for in person sales before she sends in the order. I didn't have that policy and this prissy rich girl ordered 300 dollars worth of stuff from me and never paid for it. I had to pay out of my own pocket because it was all Clarence stuff and couldn't be mailed back. I ended up having to stop selling it.
I too sold a little during my last year in high school on my own. I had this great customer at the time and she was a mature woman. She always paid me prior to the orders and always order over $300 bucks at a time. So one time she placed an order and asked me that if she could pay the following Friday, since she was a good paying customer for 4 months. I did not think much about it and guess what she did. She left to her country and with the goods and I never received the order of payments which was $100 dollars. I got stuck paying out of pocket and wow for someone in high school as I was I felt so dooped. I did not have anyone helping me when I did it, so great idea, that gifts should oversee all of it before any orders are placed.
I am so sorry for you girls to get stuck with those orders. I've been in that boat before, and right now after 2 months I'm still waiting for a woman to pay me for an almost $200.00 order. She probably never will pay, and she used to sell it too. That's a shame when a former representative does that. Avon does not include the website, that is a separate fee that is paid every campaign. Usually they run a special, if someone places an online order and has it delivered to their home, the fee is waived. I do not know if they are still doing that. I don't have any online customers, but keep the website just in case.
Sounds like a good idea, just guide her and show her the earning ropes. This could be something fun for her to do. Good luck to her and the make-up fun and tips she will learn it all.
I believe it is a standard website they do provide, check their Terms of Service before you send the money out. As I do know that Mary Kay does provide the standard website for their sales people.
Hi my dear frirend! Read your reply below and you really are a harworking girl my friend! I also sell avon products before but it didn't last,lol! See yah!
I will do that thanks..
@KrauseHome (35034)
Well, AVON is a great thing to do. I have done it many times myself, and you can make some decent $$ from it if you try. Yes with the $20 from what I understand you do get a Website with it. You just need to remember that each campaign is 2 weeks long and I think you are expected to order something each time in order for them to keep you active. Wishing your daughter the Best.
For the base rate of starting out with Avon I think that you might get a website for one month. However, after that there is a fee for having a website for customers to purchase from. Now, regardless of that, she will always have access to a consultant's website where she is able to put her orders in so that they can be processed quicker. The thing that she needs to remember if she does become an Avon consultant is that the market is loaded with these consultants, so she has to be somewhat persistant about her sales.
It sounds like a fun idea for her, but she should not buy more than she sells. I speak from experience. I would wonder if she can sign up for it since she is not eighteen yet. You might have to get it in your name and have her do the selling.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello gabc, I used to sell Avon products years ago and stopped because almost all my regular customers becomes a member already (hahaha) Upon knowing the discount once they are a member made them signed up papers and now they are also selling. So,I stopped but I am still using Avon products especially brassieres ,it's kinda good quality. Earning is good with Avon products
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Gifts, I sell Avon and to be honest, you have to sell quite a bit to earn anything at all. I don't do well with it but then again, I don't really push it much. Right now, I'm at a standstill with it because I ordered about 60.00 worth of stuff for 2 different customers and they are being really lame in paying. I don't have it to cover for them so that's not good. Now my friend does really well with it. She puts a lot of effort into it though and seems to know the right people who give her some decent orders and actually pay for them when they come in. Yes, she does get a website when she pays her start up fee. Around here we only pay 10.00 to start up but I guess it would be different depending on where you are.
She's much better off selling Mary Kay. I used to like Avon because of course their products are a lot cheaper, but Mary Kay has way better products I think. Once I was introduced to Mary Kay's products I never took a second look at Avon again.
@GemmaR (8526)
I think that AVON is a fantastic way to make money, particularly if you already have a job and have a car, because it's easy to make just that little bit of extra income. I used to live in a block of flats with 300 families living in them. I chose to distribute my catalogues there, and placed them at the front of the flats and put a note through everyone's door saying where they could find them, and which flat to post their orders from and when they should be able to pick them up. I got to the point where I was making $500 per month just by doing that, however I have since moved out of the flats so I am unable to do this anymore and have now finished the job.