Im at the end of my rope

Im exhausted and my kids are driving crazy. I just need a break today. My daughter has to be to school by 7:45 and my son stays home. I have to get up at 5:30 to get myself ready and start to get my daughter ready. She has ADHD so her mornings can take the whole time or she can go full speed. Not to mention I have to get my son ready to go. He is 5 and is non-stop. I cant even talk on the phone without him needing or doing something. No matter how much attention I give him its not enough. I have a house to clean, dogs to care for, ppl to contact, tenants to get things in order with, doc apts to make, not to mention the unforseen vet apt I had to make and deal with today, etc. My husband comes home from work and hes tired and wants to rest, watch tv or play a game and I still have to make dinner and get it on the table. I really just need a break today.
@Devilova (5396)
Paoples said that when something with reach the bottom, it will start to raise up. Glad if you are in the end of the rope, cause you can start it again.
I start again everyday. No matter how much I get done there will always more tomorrow. I look at each day as starting over, but secretly hope that maybe that day includes a break from all the same things I do everyday.
@Devilova (5396)
That a great thing to be hope, today are greatest then yesterday and tomorrow are greatest then today. Just remember that "not because all are easy to do so we will optimistic, but more because we are optimistic all will look easy to do".
@xtedaxcvg (3191)
I agree, you really need to take a break. Maybe you could hire a nanny that can help you take care of your kids. But be careful if you decide to do that. Hire someone who's been tried and tested. Don't worry, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
A nanny would be nice, but expensive. Since Im home I dont know how well it would work,but a babysitter to give me some time for an hour or two wouldnt be as expensive and would be beneficial. You know its amazing I only hire a babysitter to go out with my husband or if I have a docs apt they cant go to, but hiring one for free time, especially when my husband is out to sea would be a good idea.
A warm hug for you. I wish that i'm a fairy godmother who can grant you your wish in a matter of seconds. However, all I can do is respond to your discussion and pray that you will get your needed break. Inhale deeply, get out of your house, look at the sky, then close your eyes and feel the air. I'm hoping that very short break may help you relax a little bit. Have a nice day!
Thank you very much! You know a 15 min nap so to say can do wonders and I should do that. Instead of working on something for 15 mins I should allow myself to lay down and just decompress for 15 mins. Your response was very helpful thank you.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes it is good idea you make at least you do the best to serve them carefully and for now you tired remember health is wealth so take relax.
Yes, I guess I should be doing something other than mylot for this little bit of time. I would like to make a few bucks though, plus I do other things on the comp and make phone calls when Im on mylot. Its my multi tasking area.
@sql_cell (1429)
I really know, the responsibility of the housewife is very heavy, draining, and spending time, making it very difficult to find time for yourself. You have to do with a sense of sincerity, and time to do what you like, when there is time. I am sure, you definitely have time for yourself.
When there is time I try to escape to work on crafts. I am trying to seel some on etsy, but want to build a stockpile, not to mention the other things I need to get done for the baby shower im throwing for my sister in-law in august and some other ppl having babies need to make their gifts. So even though Im making things for others I enjoy the time I get to make them. Thats if time allows me.
@djbtol (5501)
I hope there is a way for you to get a break, otherwise the stress just continue to build. A wife and mother of young children has to be the toughest job out there. Even though you love your family and know how important your role is, it is still reasonable that you will need some breaks. Maybe you can gently and kindly nudge the husband to lift some of the burden?
Very true. I think sometimes I run myself thin. I want to be there for my family and friends. I put myself last and dont realize the well is dry until I find myself exhausted and frustrated with a hundred things left on my plate. Its important for a mother to get a break. Although I see the importance of my husband being able to relax too. Just have to work together.
@advokatku (4039)
wow ... it sounds like you are a great housewife. Fabulous your busy life .... I am really impressed with you.
Thank you very much. I try my best. I love my family and want to make sure they are taken care of.
@momof3kids (1903)
When I see my husband doing that i see red too. But when he is at home the children clammered all over him and because of this I can do the things i need to do with peace so I prefered him to be at home. Have you tried making a list of the things you need to do? I know it seems to be more troublesome to make a list but i promise you whne you have that much to do, making a list and striking the tasks one by one its like taking a log off your shoulders one by one. Anyway when you are tired, take a rest no matter what. Whne you think you can leave a few things undone take the kids to where you think they can let off steam and you can relax yourself. After a enjoyable day you will be surprised how much happier you are to finish your tasks.
I have tried making list, but your right, maybe if I put up a whiteboard or something and write down what I want and need to accomplish that day it will help. This way maybe I wont feel so overwhelmed and feel more accomplished when I see things being checked off. Need to make sure to rest,because feeling frustrated its not so good. Thank you for your idea.
@asyria51 (2870)
I know the feeling. It is even more frustrating when you are trying to get something done for work and your husband is home all day (we are both teachers). All he wants to do all summer is play video games.
Your husband loves video games too? Mine likes the ones online as well where he can play with friends. I enjoy them from time to time, but cant spend hours since I have so many responsibilities here. I dont think they think about what needs to be done and all the effort that goes into it.
@AishaBR (345)
Sounds like you had a hard day. You should ask your husband to help with the kids watch them for a couple hours and you go and relax. A stay at home mom is a lot of work it may not seem like it to many people but it is. If your husband doesn't want to watch them for a couple of hours find a sitter. and you can order some takeout tonight :)
I wish I cld ask him, but hes getting home late. By the time he gets home they will be in bed. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend I can get some time to myself. I have had a few friends in need of convos today too, so just being pulled form all directions.