Is love something you can be taught??

I think the answer for me is yes. Adrian taught me how to love and it was so hard. He taught me the way to let go and to except love. Without him I would still be lost in life.
I am glad that you are very happy with Adrian and that love had finally made it's way to you. Yes I feel the same way as I was not raised by my own family and with the many countless guardians in my life the love area was never shown to me as a child. Nor did I get a good glimpse what and how to love others. I can honestly say that with my two kids I learned what love really is about. Though being married, I though it was love but truly I was not sure if it was love, Soon after meeting my boyfriend, of now for 7 years, he has confirmed and shown me what true love for a partner is all about.
After I found out I was having a baby. I sat in the doctors office and said to my husband I want a divorce. The doctor could not believe what I had said. I realize then that was not love.
That is sad but life has a tendency to go in different directions and though it did not seem like it at the time, you are viewing wonderful results in life now.
And it was the way it was meant to happen.
@asliah (11148)
hi, for me,i think its a yes,because when we enter to a relationship we teach and we learn about love,because of this we might be strong,and know the real meaning of life or even to enjoy life to the most.
In my case, if love is something that can be taught, it was something that I was taught at such a young age that I don't remember being taught to love. Throughout my entire life, I've loved people and I've loved them deeply. I know that the ways that I have showed my love have changed throughout the course of my life, but still I love people just the same. If love was taught to me when I was a child, I'm very happy that my parents taught me to love.
@sender621 (14956)
I don't believe that love is something to be taught. it is an emotion that you feel. it should come ntaurally or not at all.
I think we can be taught to show our love. SOmetimes that is the toughest. Love is a very positive force and can certainly help us in many ways. I felt it alot this weekend while all my family was here. We are taught by what we see and experience. Love is all around us like the song goes.
I guess it can be taught but it's always your choice whether to learn it or not. I've always thought that love is never your decision. You get to love someone because you love her, not because you forced yourself to love her. That's only my opinion, though.
@stephcjh (32327)
I think you can teach it to someone if they are open and willing to accept and learn it. I know some people cannot be taught it though because they are so corrupted or self-centered.