What if the world was flat?

Not like it's even logically possible, but my daughter asked me this question the other day. As we were driving down the highway cut right through the hill or mountain, she looked up and asked. And I thought well it wouldn't be as beautiful I guess. My husband said if it was flat it would have to be all land or all water. Which I understand that perspective I guess. I wonder how much more we would of built and how the homes and buildings would be different. Imagine a flat earth, can you describe some more details you think would be present?
@umabharti (3978)
If its flat then both sides it has gravitational force so no need to worry that we might fall off at the edges.It would be thicker so like how ants can handle a flat surface ,we will also be able to handle that. There would be some arrangement by god if the earth was flat.
@mantis36 (4238)
maybe your weight (gravity) to some area, especially at the near edge of the world of flat may not be balance, increasing or decreasing of person's weight varied to some of the locations, example if the world is a big Triangle in shape.....
@umabharti (3978)
Would you mind explaining it ,so that i can understand what actually your mentioning about.
@mantis36 (4238)
i am pertaining to the center of gravity of the earth... because if the earth is not round, there is no equal distribution of gravity force.... weight of the object varies...
If the world was flat? I had some great physics theories about that just now! To say that it would be 'all water' or 'all land' would be incorrect! The water would flow towards the center of the 'planet' because that's where gravity would be pointing (so to speak). People on the outer edges would be lighter than people on the middle because of this fact too! Technically we could build on the other side of the planet too? We would have twice the building space as we could walk on the other side of the crust. /just some thoughts.
Very interesting. I was looking for some creative minds on this one and someone who knew something about why the earth can't be flat. Thanks for your thoughts :)
Hi deathdisguise! I think it's not at all would be the case. If the world is flat, the gravity would be coming from the center of that flat, that the center as in middle but rather gravity would be flat too not just a point in the center. Anyways, it's nice and good that the world is not flat. Now we can't really tell what would be the case unless it happens, right?
You mean it's not flat? Dang, I've been lied to by my psuedo-religious private school education. I remember it was the day after they taught creation and said some crazy people might try to tell us there was this evolution thing that was pure evil talk. You're not trying to confuse me with evil talk, are you? If the world really was ROUND, we'd have buildings that were wider at the top, just to measure straight on a level, airplanes flying level would fly off into space, and water would split and roll in every direction when hitting the ground. Right?
Lol yes logically it would be impossible. And to think they ever thought the world could of been flat to begin with hahaha. Ya but it's interesting to think about. And no we don't evolve either that is evil talk..as if all of science and truth were all evil.
@isloooboy (1741)
• United Arab Emirates
If world go to flat than I am sure it will go fate too why? because it has no heights to climb so it can release it extra energy so automatically it will go fat which I don't want to ........ :D cheers
Interesting way to look at it. You mean we would get fat from not having hills to climb right? do you think we would make artificial hills or things to help keep us fit?
@asliah (11149)
hi, our Creator is really smart and good,because He didn't make it flat because of the sea that can filled all places in the world,but if the world is flat,maybe more buildings can be build and more constructions to be build.we can also use only one transportation in just one ride only.
@stephcjh (32388)
I think if the world was flat, it would be alot worse as far as how the earth tilts. there may be too much weight on one end than the other.
Then we won't be going in circles but will be falling on an edge.
@mantis36 (4238)
a world earth in a giant triangle is what comes to my thinking..... that at the end, there's a giant waterfall....
@ebuscat (5949)
For me no it not to happened because the maker of the earth is God Jehovah he is perfect.
@Arnel_24 (155)
haha, i remember also when I was a child, all I know is that the shape of the Earth is really flat.. LOL.
@Bannybanzie (1398)
Hi! If the world is flat, be careful when driving. Don't go the end of the earth as you may fall in infinity.. or go outerspace..? If the world is flat, then it's flat. Well.. I must say flat the world and let's see what happens.
@stealthy (8129)
Well, of course, once upon a time long ago it was believed to be flat; and after that it was believed that the Sun revolved around the Earth. Back when it was thought to flat sailors thought if they sailed too far out they would fall off the edge. Of course it would not exist if it were flat; the physics just wouldn't work.