Adrian wants to get rid of them..

Snow ball will not stop digging in his flowers. Then she leaves dirt all over the dining table and chairs. Tom tom sleeps on the dining table next to his favorite pot. but,he does not dig in the pot. So,adrian said when he gets back he wants them gone. I said you can't do that to my cat. One is his and one is mine. his is the good one and mine is the bad one. what is a girl to do? I moved the plant this morning to the bedroom window sill.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
You can pet-proof your plants, gifts. Please don't get rid of the kitties. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes all around the top of the soil. It won't hurt the plants and the kitties will not like it.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
Also, you can do a computer search of: how to keep pets out of plants. See what you come up with.
Thanks I will go look for this in my kitchen.
I think that is a decision you have to make on your own. Which is more important? Now, with his away, could be a good time to find the cat a nice home. Cats are just like people. SOme are good and some not so good. I am sure that someone you know needs another mouser or a loving companion. And maybe someone without plants. lol
NO I am not taking her anywhere. He will have to get rid of her himself.
Good for you!
Awww... I wouldn't turn the cat out just cause of that. Surely there's something you can do to keep him from getting into the plants like moving them or getting a high-walled pot or something. Squirt the kitty with water when he digs in the plant? I'm not an expert on kitty-training, but it's supposed to work on getting them to stay off scratching the furniture. I hope you get it all resolved soon and get to keep your cat!
More than the cat? That's a shame!
@carolscash (9501)
I would not get rid of my pet for anyone unless it was really being a problem. I would try getting some moth balls and putting in the flower pots. I have heard that cats will not dig in flowers if there are moth balls in them and it won't hurt the plant. I also would move the one off the table so that the cat is not on the table as I would not want it on the table either.
Thanks for letting me know about the moth balls. I can't take the smell of them at all. Over all it is worth the try to keep my cat. Thanks
Then I will not get any of them. I already told adrain now let me go call him to say don't buy it. Thanks .
@stephcjh (32328)
Yeah. Maybe the cats will do the right thing now since you moved the plant. I would not want the mess either. I can understand that but I also know how it is when you love your pet also.
The mess is getting on my nerves too.
@sid556 (31006)
Ok. Are the flowers that Snowball is digging in outside? If so, well, it could be irritating but I think I could deal with that easier than a cat that has to be on my dining room table where I eat. He did say get rid of "them" so I am thinking he wants both cats gone? I don't really know about this. My thinking is that pets are like kids...you take the good with the bad. They aren't disposable. Did moving the pot help anything? Has she used the pot as a litter box? Once a cat does that then they will forever be after that same plant. I'd empty all the dirt out and repot it. not sure if that would help or not. for some reason your cat is attracted to that plant. Did his cat spray it?
The cats are indoor cats. The pots are all over the house. there was two on the dining table so they like to sleep by it. I moved one to the bedroom widow sill. so far so good. The other is way to big to put anywhere other than on top of the speaker where it is. I don't know what else we can do. I will try some tricks I learned here.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I have read about spritzing the cats with a spray bottle until they clue in that they must not be near the plants. I have also read that is you put a bit of vinegar in the dirt(not enough to smell it)...the noses of cats and dogs do not like the vinegar smell. I hope this help. Good luck.
This is good to know I will see about these things soon.
I hope you do not get rid of the cat. Cats will sometimes do things like that. I would put the moth balls in the plants and that will prevent the cat from digging up the plants. Snowball is a cute kitten.
Now I read that will poison my cat so I will try the red pepper.
Let Adrian know if the cat goes he goes. Kidding and you know he is saying so but once he gets home and calls you "Sweet Heart", he will forget. I believe you did the right thing which was move the plant. This is what we do with kids, we don't get rid of them because they get into things. lol.. So tell Adrian to help find a solution.
I told him I don't want to hear anything about getting rid of my kitten. He just loves these plants so much.
Much like a child they get into alot of things. You need to teach them where they are not allowed. I have only one potted plant so I can't tell you what to do in that regard. I would say try just squirting them with a squirt bottle with water when they are getting into things you don't want them in.
My cat loves water as well. He will jump in the shower while we are still in it.
There are things that you can get to spray on items that you don't want the cats to mess with. Mothballs are toxic to cats, so I wouldn't use that, instead I would go to PetSmart and get the cat away stuff and put a little bit of that on the flower pots. That should make it so that they don't want to be near your flowers. That is also a much more humane thing to do than to possibly poison the cats, or to put them out.