superstitions on death

Last , last week , four of us from the Administrative Department, went to our dead office mates vigil. As we are about to go, some of my office mates, told our co-employee who is so pregnant not to go with us. They told her that it’s not good for a pregnant woman to go to the vigil of a dead person, because it might affect the baby. But I told them, it’s already the modern times so those superstitious beliefs should also have been gone. There is no scientific explanation as to why a pregnant woman should not go to the wake of a dead person. Anyway, our pregnant co-employee still went with us. She is unharmed until now. Do you know of any other superstitious belief about the dead? Do you believe it?
@jaiho2009 (39079)
I also wonder why these superstitions still exists here in our country. Like,do not let tears fall down in the coffin. Do not wipe the dust in the coffin and a lot more. We cannot just contradict especially the old ones,or else they will give us a look that will scare us away (hehehe) have a great weekend my friend
Yes, those old people when you contradict them would glare at you! Just yesterday over lunch, there were again superstitious belief those old fashioned office mates of ours, that our preggy office mate would like to follow. And i told them, we are at the modern age and they have no scientific basis. They told, me there's no harm in following them. See those old people, they die of very old age, because they follow those. Amen, i said to them .
@jaiho2009 (39079)
it's hard to break an old bamboo dear hehehe
@mantis36 (4238)
please don't sweep the dust out of the house door, or else a bad luck fortune will come.... hey wait... i am not using a broomstick but i am using a Vacuum Cleaner.... nyahahahahaha
@bingskee (5238)
i just couldn't understand people who cling to these superstitions. there was one superstition that tells that a woman with her monthly period can't go to a wake because the mens will become very smelly. another one is you must not go to a wake with a fresh wound because it will get worse! just listening to these tell tales makes me uneasy. how could they be so dumb?
I gues, thiese superstitious beliefs were handed down from generation to generation . Maybe these emanated from our forefathers, because during those times deaths are viewed as something to be afraid of and the end of everything.
@mantis36 (4238)
i am very fanatic believers of Superstitious Beliefs before since i am a kid.... but when i started to know the cultures and traditions of different nations especially the progressive and modern countries which having no Superstitious Beliefs that they follow, now i know that beliefs like what i'm believing for is exclusively only for the Philippines, therefore, it is not an internationally claimed as a default beliefs... meaning.... a very far to make it true, as it will fall in the myth category.... and i notice that Superstitious Beliefs exists only majority on the 3rd world poor countries.... because modern progressive countries having no time to this no sense of scientific explanation beliefs but they are always busy in facing life positive.... and they are not bound with traditions that passed from Father to Son... or Parents to Children until the generation keeps on circulating that beliefs without scientific explanations....
Correct Mantis!
I am a christian by definition so I can walk that narrow line and say that I believe we all have god inside of us show when we "believe" in stuff it just might come to pass ....spells,superstitions,magic.....well yall belief and or faith has Power bottom line folks