What if you jailbreak your iphone?

@syoti20 (5295)
A member of mylot replies and he/she mentioned about jailbreak.. Is that an application? What the responsibility will took if this was consume to his/her iphone.
If you jailbrak your phone you will invalidate the warranty. It does give you a chance to download third party software that gives you more leeway. Its not an app, you can go on line to learn how to do it. If something does go wrong with your phone don't bother taking it to an Apple store because they won't help you with it.
@syoti20 (5295)
What if the warranty already expired. Can I jailbreak my phone from then on?
Yes, you can jailbreak it anytime.
@beingwell (3625)
• Thailand
Hi syoti! I had my iPhone jailbroken since I can't use my Philippine sim here in Thailand. It's basically over-riding the Apple software so you can install other application that are not yet readily available for an iPhone.
@kun2349 (23475)
Jailbreak is illegal!! U can be caught and thrown back into jail again!! lol =D Just kidding! IT's an application that u download into the iphone, allowing u to access to 3rd party software that apple doesn't want to recognize.. haha =D It should be relatively safe but if something happens to the phone, apple will not repair if for free even if it's under warranty, for owners take the risk on their won.. haha
@drannhh (15240)
I was reading the article online called 5 reasons to jailbreak your iphone and 5 reasons to NOT. But here is another: http://thebigboss.org/why-jailbreak-iphone I use Android so I'm personally clueless. Have fun.
@sswallace21 (1824)
Well this was a very educational discussion. I had never heard the term jailbreak in regard to a phone (iphone). Of course, I don't own one so that might be why. My thought is if I don't own it. I don't really care to listen to any of the commericals or information released about it. Until I read this discussion, I thought you were referring to criminals escaping from jail. I really don't know that much about that either. But I have never been arrest so once again something I don't care to hear. Although, getting arrest would be more likely then me getting and iphone anytime soon. Best Wishes!
@jak2010 (1550)
• Papua New Guinea
Never heard of such a weird term before, is it to with phone or real jail?
I'm not sure if anything can happen legally but it does mean that you can put non-apple apps on a jailbroken iphone.
Since many iPhone app will charge you money. So if you can jailbreak your iPhone, it seems that you can install many things which can be free of charge. I love China
No its not,jailbreaking your iphone means freeing it from limitations imposed on it by AT&T and apple.It lets you do everything from customizing to installing 3rd party applications depending on how far your willing to go.Once you jailbreak your phone ,your on your own.You can use your warranty anymore so you cant really on AT&T or apple to fix any problem you encounter. All application that jailbreak on your phone are unauthorized and could damage your phone.