Visiting other tourist spots in the Philippines

Ironically, while I live in this country, I cannot say that I have totally visited all the important landmarks which should be seen by a Filipino. Good for other tourists and foreigners, they were able to view some of these and can describe it in detailed. I really vowed to myself that sooner I will no longer a foreigner in my own country. :}
@ybong007 (6658)
It's really a dream of mine to visit all areas in the Philippines rather than going to other countries. Although, I can go on vacation yearly, courtesy of the company I work with it's still not enough since I know there are still a lot of places that has something good to offer.
@sweet_pea (3326)
My husband makes it a point that we travel even once in a year to a new place in our country. It is our way of rewarding ourselves for working hard for the past year. We bring along our 5 year old son in most of our trips. Traveling gives a new learning experience for him. This year we went to Davao where we did some snorkeling, zorbing and tried the zipline. I think one can travel without going broke. We usually get seat sale promos offered by local airlines whose travel dates are usually months ahead. I also do my research online and visit some travel forums to get feedbacks on cheap accommodations and the must-see-places so I can plan our itinerary and save on fares. This way we are able to save up for our trip.
@yallit (3678)
I've been to different places in the Philippines since I was a kid. Mostly northern part of the country though. When I was a kid, I use to go to our church's summer camps. I was able to go to Aparri, Nueva Vizcaya and some parts in Ilocos Sur. Field trips in our school let me visit Pangasinan, La Union, Ilocos Sur and Norte. I studied in Baguio, so, I was able to tour around the area as well. With my peers at my previous company, we went to Pagudpud, Mt. Pinatubo, Boracay, Subic, Tagaytay and Laguna. There are some trips that I made because of social gatherings like going to Quezon for a wedding, Tarlac for a birthday and many more others. I would like to visit Palawan, Bohol and Cebu someday. Sad to say, the cost of going to those places is sometimes equivalent to going to Hongkong or other Asian countries that are close to the Philippines.
@Graceekwenx (3163)
Me too! I have to explore my country further. I have not been to Corregidor yet. They tell me though that there are creepy ghosts there hahahah! I have not been to Iloilo and Caramoan too!
@waflay (2726)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Lucky you, this is according to information that you have just given- i mean visiting some land marks and other historic sites in you country, which I hope you did even though not to satisfaction. Just imagine being a citizen of a country that host one of the wonders of the world, yet you have not even had a chance to experience this so called wonder... The whole this explains my position, I don't have to blame ignorance... I should blame my mentality towards our national heritage. Local tourism is highly encouraged, but it seems Kenyans are so busy that they don't have time for it. ...a precious stone is not obtained, is discovered...