This is tacky, isn't it??

@mommyboo (13198)
You've all seen those frozen yogurt places where you pick flavors and then add your toppings, right? Isn't it tacky to see someone slurping and licking and EATING their yogurt WHILE they are still ADDING more to the bowl BEFORE they've paid for it? I cannot believe people. TACKY. Not to mention stealing if you want to be blunt. Do these people not realize other people can SEE them? Do they think this is proper? I have been boggled.
@Awinds (2472)
I see this all the time at my favorite salad bar. They're in line, piling stuff on their plate all the while stuffing freebie lettuce and boiled eggs straight into their mouths. I'm sitting there like "Hey! I had to pay for everything in my salad your sneaky freeloader!" There was even this one time where I saw a lady pick up a tomato, put it in her mouth and then take it and put it back on the serving plate. At least you have more integrity then the freeloaders. :)
@mommyboo (13198)
Freeloaders are a totally different breed of person I guess. They believe you should get everything for free and they will be rude and take it. Fortunately, whenever I see people like this, it's like they are wearing a big huge 'here's your sign' on their front and I avoid them like arsenic . When I can that is.... That's another thing I tell my daughter - if you touch it, you have to take it, so choose carefully lol. We don't want to take something someone else tried to eat and put back... yuck!
@Awinds (2472)
Yuck is a bit of an understatement. You don't what she might be carrying, or the state of her health. :S
@alquizar (480)
I think they just don't bother that others might be observing them and usually they don't mind what will other say with their kind of behavior.All they know is that they are just doing their on thing and they are enjoying what they are doing even if it is annoying for other people.
@mommyboo (13198)
If they weren't stealing blatantly in front of other people (and when people do that, sometimes a place begins having to raise their prices) it wouldn't bother me as much. For instance, if it was a flat charge and not by weight, like when you pay and enter a buffet, I guess I wouldn't care at ALL unless somebody were to put their mouth on the dispenser - gross!
Yeah I see people like this as well. Not just in yogurt places but in other stores. I guess if it bothers you that much you should talk to a supervisor. It could be that the store is not very strict and they allow it from their customers.
@mommyboo (13198)
I don't think they allow it - but there was only one employee and a LOT of people serving themselves when I was in there. The problem with approaching the types of people who do things like this - they get all bent that you point out the rules to them! I know for sure if I had said anything, I would have gotten dismissed or told 'who cares what you say, you don't work here'. It's not just that people like this believe they have the right to freeload or steal, they are really rude to anybody who tries to explain to them why they aren't. They believe that the rules that apply to everybody somehow don't apply to them...
@greenline (14864)
When we are at food courts, we see people enjoying different types of food, main dish, snacks, desserts, drinks, and so on. People often just would not care at what other people think of what they are doing. I guess that's because the places are very informal and have no strict rules.
@mommyboo (13198)
This is one of those places where you pick your flavors of yogurt and toppings and you pay by the ounce - which means anybody with a BRAIN knows you're not supposed to eat any before you pay for it lol. They have sample cups so you can try different flavors first but you are defnitely not supposed to fill up your cup with frozen yogurt and then EAT HALF OF IT while deciding what toppings to add, and then go back and get more frozen yogurt to refill your bowl before paying. Gosh darn people with no conscience!
@34momma (13895)
LOL why do people think that's ok? i never understood that. Take what you paid for and enjoy it!
@mommyboo (13198)
Ugh! When I saw these people doing that, I just wanted to say 'really? REALLY?!' plus they were blocking my daughter who was waiting patiently for the chocolate brownie. When one of them stopped slurping ice cream long enough to notice her standing there, they said sorry and moved, but it was a good minute before they noticed lol.
@andy77e (5165)
Our society has normalized abhorrent behavior in the name of 'tolerance' and not being 'judgmental'. It comes with a lack of God and morality. It's the same as that guy in Florida who has a million dollars and yet claims food stamps. He openly said he feels no shame in doing it. This is what moral relativism has gotten us.
@mommyboo (13198)
Some tolerance is okay, just seeing this made me think immediately 'trailer trash'. The worst part is the attitude, as if it's acceptable to do this AND rub it in everyone's face. People like this also like to make fun of those of us who follow the rules, as if we have our noses in the air or something. No, I just don't think it's right or correct to make my daughter believe it's okay to steal stuff lol. These same people seem to not have any sense of personal space either, and they cram right up in it while you're waiting in line to pay - and still slurping their ice cream. I know my daughter was likely wondering why those people were eating theirs when I had told her she couldn't eat hers till I paid for it. Heh.
@neededhope (1086)
If you were bugged by this than you should have spoken to one of the associates. If their there seeing this than they should be doing somethng about it. Or another thing would be don't bother going to those places. Therefore you don't have to see it or be bugged by it :P
@mommyboo (13198)
So.. you believe it's better for YOU to just avoid a place you like going because OTHER people act like barbarians? Really? If I HAD been an employee there, I certainly would have told those people 'you cannot eat that until you pay for it. I will charge you an additional 2-3 oz because you couldn't wait until you were done paying for it'. I think this would irk MOST normal people who don't consider trashy behavior acceptable. This is like thinking it's okay for your child to steal a candy bar or a pack of gum and not find out they did it until you're already in the car - and they've eaten half of it.
@thetis74 (1525)
I guess they are aware that everyone can see them. I am also confused if people like these are aware as to whether or not they are doing the proper way. Perhaps they just don't have the manners when they are around with other people or simply because they just don't care.
@mommyboo (13198)
I thought it was common knowledge and/or common sense to realize that if you pay for the weight of something, you shouldn't be consuming it before you pay for it. You're probably right, many people lack manners. However, I am not going to be a jerk and attack them for it - I'm not an employee.
If there were no locks and keys, no security, no check ups while leaving the malls,it would be the same story like the one you saw at the frozen yogurt place. That is placed there on trust and the fact there are locks and keys at every nook and corner says a lot about trust not being there any more. But a lock for toppings? Sound funny. Right?
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, mommyboo. I have not been to one of these places before. I do agree with you, it is disgusting to see someone just slurp their yogurt right near another person. If I had to see a customer do such a thing, I would make sure that I don't get any yogurt out of the same area that they have gotten theirs from. When it comes to places like these, I don't like to eat from behind someone else because not everyone is hygienic when it comes to fixing or serving food.