Of Brain, Mind and Heart

Result of my research into this whole gamut. Brain is the seat of intellect and is highly developed in humans as compared to other species of life. Therefore, it puts humans above all forms of life on earth. Its function is to tell the person in a highly objective and unbiased way, what is reality and what is right. Mind is different from brain. It is not one composed unit but fragmented into parts one in each organic system of the body. It regulates body functions and tells the person of desires of each organic system of the body. Therefore, its function is purely subjective, and indifferent to objectivity. It motivates the person to satisfy his/her various desires What is poetically known as heart, is really the mind of the person. The real heart has no thinking function or desires.
@Bannybanzie (1398)
Hi! I believe in what you said with the brain and the mind. But for the figurative heart, I think it is different from the heart. Our figurative heart is what moves us to do good things out of pity and other emotions. But I must say that our heart affects greatly our mind. If we desire (heart) something so bad, it will come to our mind and think of it, and our brain might tell our body to go grab it, for example. I do believe humans are superior to animals. I do not believe that we evolve from monkeys or anything. Science has never proven that to be true. Thank you for this discussion.
Dear.. don't be bothered by such theories. We were made by god. Evolution is just a theory, a theory that has long exist yet until now never proven. Why? Because it did not happen. In fact, a scientist (who does not believe in God) said, "If Charles Darwin (the main contributor to the evolution theory) lives today and see all our discoveries, he would not say evolution took place". The more we know about how amazing the world is, how complicated even the most little things in this world are, our faith that it is made by some one will be strong. Just like what the bible says in: Romans 1:20 - For his (God) invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world's creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable Hebrews 3:4 - Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but he that constructed all things is God. Psalm 148:3-10. (Sorry, too long, but do please read. Search in the search bar)
@bouncybug (615)
• South Africa
You have some interesting ideas here.. I agree that the brain may be the seat of intellect, but I also agree with some of the other comments on this post. That yes, although certain parts of our brain are better developed than other animals, I do not believe that that necessarily means we are superior to all other forms of life. Animals are far purer and more beautiful than humans in a lot of ways! And they have amazing instinctive skills that we are not capable of performing.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
Mind is different from brain? Then how can we think without brain? Not even those mentally ill people think better thu they have brains. And what does the heart feels that the brain/mind can't conceived?
Mind does not think, but expresses desires of the body organic systems. It is the brain that thinks and tells what is right or wrong. Heart has no thinking capability. Its activities are influenced by conditions of mind and brain.
I once had a scientific BF and when I told him that he had no heart, he told me those functions belongd to the hypotalamus. The romantic heart is just a very good pump when it is in good conditions.. To bed with me now. I am ill, after all. We┬┤ll continue this later. Have a nice day.
ok. my dear Marguicha, have a nice sleep. May be feel me close to you, if you need. We will continue our dialog.
@sanjay91422 (2728)
I think that heart send the signals to the mind and that is the reason that sometimes it beats faster and sometimes it is slow when we are emotional. Mind is present in every living being but human consider themselves as the most intelligent species in the world. I think it is true because I am also a human being.
Very well put. If we were to ask a health professional to pinpoint the mind, I don't think they could do it. I feel the mind is the biochemical feed back system of the body... the parasympathetic nervous system tells us when we should run for our lives or stay put being quiet. I think all the systems work together to create the working mind. To cry when happy or sad, to offer love and affection, to get angry, to feel hurt... it is so complex it boggles the mind to even try to understand it all.