Do You Agree It Would Be Nice If Mylotters

@erikmama (12935)
Would let us know when they are not going to be present on the site for a while? I often wish I knew what was going on with so many different people. One day they are here, the next they are gone. Some return, months later, but I sm still left to wonder the entire time! I have found many great people here, some with issues in their life that make me worry. Don't you think we should, if possible, let all of our friends here at mylot know if we are going to be gone for extended periods of time? What do you think about an absence discussion? Has anyone been in contact with dmbblnddzzy?
hi erikmama wow I am first I think lol. oh I have had several nice articles emailed to me from lori but have not been on any discussions with her lately either. and Gabs with Gissi has anyone heard from her. I was told she had been ill but was better a few'days ago. I have not had really a personal contact with lori except to thank her for the article. You know there are four or five of my and I think yours too friends I have not seen for awhile. I think you have a great idea even if they are ill if they know they are going into the hospital to just let us know with a few lines or on a vacation or whatever it is.You are right, several of our friends are fighting cancer and other illnesses butg they have kept us posted.
@erikmama (12935)
YAH!!! MS Hatley is coming in at number one on this discussion!!! Well, atleast articles from her means she is out there somewhere doing okay atleast. Yes, there are lots of people that havent been on here for a while, and I also wonder about them. I think if possible letting us know would be great so we wont worry. It is easy to build relationships with people on here and worry about them! Of course I do understand that there are times it isn ot possible to let us know, as I have been in the situation before, and I am thinking you have as well/
@bounce58 (17555)
Like you, I've met a few people here who I consider to be good friends. They have helped me with some kind words in the past, or just even shared a few funny comments in our discussions. But some of these people have gone, and I haven't seem them here for a while. I just hope that it is for a good reason that they haven't been here. Like they won the lottery, and are just currently traveling the world.
@erikmama (12935)
Hi Bounce!! I also hope for all those who have left they are foind well. I know while back alot of people were having issues here.I a still one of those people who always likes to keep tabs on those that I meet, and when people do up and leave, I am always wondering what happened to them. But, you are right, as long as they are happy!!
@bounce58 (17555)
I will always be here (not sure if that's a good thing)! Thanks for the BR!
I think people do let you know if at all possible. SOmetimes the time just goes by and it doesn't get done. Life gets busy or whatever. As far as dmbinddzzy is concerned I think she is over on Facebook and I hear from her occasionally. Have you tried a PM or checked her profile?
@erikmama (12935)
No havent tried to PM her. I need to so I can get her FB info and keep up with her over htere.I sure hpe she is pkay as the last time I seen here was on here and she was very sick.
I hope she is okay.
@SomeCowgirl (32277)
I know that there are some of us who do tell the community that we will be gone or atleast someone here that we will be gone. I haven't been back that long myself and did't really say I would be absent when I did leave. I haven't seen her discussions yet, so I don't know, not sure how long she's been gone either as I just got back myself. Maybe what would be good is if we had a place where we put on our profile a status like "will be gone on vacation, don't worry about me!" etc.
@erikmama (12935)
Yes, there are lots of people who do tell when they will be away or when something is going on, but just as many who do not! Like Ms hatley said abocve, there are seveal people right now I am wondering what on earth happened to!! But I guess htat is all a part of Internet life. THey come, they go! lol! I think the idea about the profile is hreat. I seen that our good friend RICHNAI (talkin him up) left it as a message of the top of his progile, and I thougjht that was really great.
@erikmama (12935)
You are exactly right, Richnai. I knew I would talk you into mu discussion! I get bored here, too, and like I said, what you did when you were going to be gone a bit was great, that way noone wondered where you were. There are several right now I am actually worried and wondering about!! I am not a little old lady...but I do talk like one, too AT TIMES!!
I think that it is nice to let the other people on the site know when you are going to be gone from the site for a while and during those times that I know that I am not going to be around for a while I do try to let people know. With that said, I don't think that I know the person that you are talking about that has not been around for a while. I don't think that there is anything at all wrong with starting a discussion about your impending absence, but I don't think that people should expect to get immediate responses to those discussions.
@erikmama (12935)
Hello Doran. No, those discussions probably won't get a quick response, but atleast the friend will know what is going on and why you are not here. I think that in some cases, such as with you and your husband, if something happens your not here we can assume that you are with him, bit sometimes we just get left handing!!
@KrauseHome (28389)
Well, it would be nice, and with all the issues going on in my life right now I do try and post here when I can and let others know what is going on. But I know there are a few I can think of right now off the top of my head who were not feeling well that have not posted here in a bit and it makes you wonder. Hope they are OK and my thoughts and Prayers are with them.
@erikmama (12935)
For some people, such as you, that we know are having issues we can understand not seeing for a few days Usually that is all it is a few adays. Of course if it is longer than that it is when the worry starts to sit in. There are many that are not here and I do hope tha t they are all okay with whatever it is they are now doing.
I have not seen her around for a few months it seems like. I hope she gets a message soon asking if things are ok. It is nice that people do share that they will be gone. I have seen some myself. I was gone for two days resting now I am back. Take care..
@erikmama (12935)
I know that she was having a lot of health problems the last time she was on abut at the time seemed to be doing pretty good. Another response said they had received something from her, so that is a good sign I suppose. I wih she would come back o here for a while!!
I find you are a industrious mylotter.I can see you on mtlot almost every day.Your avatar has kept dancing ,who doesn't know what the weariness is.It symbolizes you in real life ,doesn't It?Here in mtlot,friends are coming in and out of here ,sometimes some are absent from here for a long time.I think if they have gone off mylot.To be honest,at the thought of this ,I have a kind of sense of loss.
@erikmama (12935)
I do try to come on every day, but there are some days that I am unable to make it on here. However, I have been a member here for two years, and use to be more active that what I am not. I have made alot of great friends who I really care for, so when they are not here, it does make me worry. It would be nice to atleast have a not feeling well, kiss my azz, etc.etc.just for closure or what have you!lol
@SViswan (12096)
When I first started at myLot, I was here every single day. This was the case for 2 years before I got a full time job. Then I tried to be regular here....but it wasn't possible. I couldn't say when I would be online. Slowly, mylot decreased drastically. But I was in touch with my regular mylot friends through emails. So, they knew where I was and what was happening in my life. BUt other myLot friends didn't know. I'm not very regular now either and log on whenever I have a few minutes. Forget letting others know about myself...I can't even keep track of my friends :-( Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a discussion from dmbblnddzzy in ages!
@erikmama (12935)
Hello SV. I was also here alot when I first started and it has gradually gtoten to be less and less times that is spend on here because I am usually busy working or doind something else. SO I can understnd. But atleast you wre able to keep in touch with those certain friends. I can undertstand there are times that you cnt let others know.
Wow! with this discussion I would like to suggest having a vacation mode option or inactivity button. This will help tell everybody that you will be gone for a couple of days or any thing at that matter. However, of course, people don't want others knowing about their whereabouts in real life. Maybe if you are real close friends in here then they can just message you outright.
@erikmama (12935)
I think it s could be something as simple as posting it ion the profile. But I can understand that sometimes things happen and people cant do this or just dont want to do about this. It is hard sometimes when you make friends with a person, even in a virutal world. and then they are gone.
@ybong007 (6660)
I'm guilty of this, although I'm just around and still peek at the discussions every now and then but I'm just not that active posting anymore. Maybe I am at a point when earnings don't matter as much posting quality posts. I also thought of starting a discussion on my not being as active as I was once but I don't think it would matter to a lot of people whether I'll be gone or not so there...
@erikmama (12935)
Hello bong. I guess that afte a while we all lose our interste, no amtter how long it takes uis. It would matter to me, but I know whatyou mean! I always like to know about all of my mylot friends and what is foinf in their life.
@rog0322 (2770)
Hi erik, OK, what about a notice board for posting about citizens who want to file a leave of absence? Failure to file one may be grounds for sanction for being AWOL. I may be taking it too far, but at least we are entitled to know the whereabouts of our fellows, right? Then, we may not be left hanging for that much-awaited responses from our favorite friends. Your points are well-taken really.
@erikmama (12935)
its actually mama~lol~ We are not entitled to know where anyone is on mylot, it is just nice to know!!Especially once you have a friendship[ with them here in the virtual world. We could post it on our profile if we so choose i suppose.
@munhozmib (3736)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello! I am guilty. I used myLot for months, years ago, I believe that it was when it came out. I liked it, and I started using it. However, I had to study, and I was studying twice a day, leaving me only a few (2-3) hours in the night to spend at home. Of course I chose to spend it doing my stuff, other than being an user here at myLot. Then I went away for months. When I could, I came back and stayed a while more. And since then, I have never been the same kind of user. I'm coming and going away, coming and going away. I believe that, since myLot is somehow a social network, there should be an option to write where we are or what we are doing. I guess this can be done through our profiles. The main problem is that I never know when I will be away. I just am. I have seen dmbblnddzzy here before, but I have never been in touch. I'm sorry I can't help you. Respectfully, Munhozmib.
@erikmama (12935)
You are rifht. THat is always an option that we are given when using this site, and we are free to tell people or not. Ijust think once you have built a relationship that lasts a couple years of something, it is nice to know what is going on with those you have developped web relationships with.
Yes I know this feeling also when some of the members are not seen and no traces of them on routine email and or PMs here. A friend suggested the other day that when we knew in advance that we will be away for a while to PM friends and or list it in their profile that they are away. Sounds like a good idea but sometimes some have to go unexpectedly. I do not know dmbblndzzy directly but we have interacted a few times. I do hope she is okay and maybe a bit too busy offline.
@erikmama (12935)
I think so. I know that Richnai posted it in his profile, so I found it to be very nice to let uys know. That is easy for all of us to do, and I do understand there ar time s wer are unable to do this. I still have not heard from here, and since she is sick I hope she is okay.
Ohthat is a great idea especially to those who became our friends already. I can see that you are so attached to your friends here in mylot and enjoying it. I am so happy for you. Good luck and God Bless!
@erikmama (12935)
I have been here for about two year, and have met a lot of great people that I do consider to be friends, so I do care fo rthem I do know that some were sick, others were just tired of coming on, and others havd other thing to tend to, buit there are still sto many that I do not know where have gone, and I always wonder!
@ebuscat (5949)
For me because they feel the friendship of us that's why if they gone for a while they said it to there friends here in mylot.