so I walked to one interview today....

@SomeCowgirl (32276)
I had two interviews, one for walmart, one for a grocery chain here. Well the grocery chain one I had to walk to, and it took me three hours to get there! Surprisingly I'm not so sore, and my legs weren't what was sore, it was my butt after I sat down on concrete waiting for my ride to get there to pick me up! I hope I get this job, it's closer and I have more experience in it. However, I'll need to buy a bike soon so that I don't have to keep walking! I think that it seems like I'll get it, they're desperate for people. So have you had an interview lately? how did it go?
Why would you walk that far to work. is there no bus service n your area. what about the winter time will you walk then too? I feel bad for you it may be the only choice you have.
@SomeCowgirl (32276)
I've not seen a bus stop anywhere near where I would work. Im going to buy a bicycle soon I hope, so that I can use it to get to and from work until I can buy myself a moped. When it comes to winter I'll figure something out but if I can get this job soon I'm hoping that I can have an apartment by December as there are some that are fairly cheap sort of close to where I'd be working.
Then I think you should take the job if you get it. I would just hope you can get a ride with someone who may work near your home. Good luck
@SomeCowgirl (32276)
I'll figure something out until I have more stable transportation. I'll be using what I can from online to help me get more stable transportaiton faster, I really want this job though and would do anything for it.
@stephcjh (32387)
I hope you get the job. I work from home. I hope you live in an area where it is safe for you to ride a bike. I would hate for you to have to do that in bad weather.
@SomeCowgirl (32276)
It is mostly safe around here, but where I'd be working is very safe. If I could manage to work from home I would for the time being, but I can't seem to make anything worth it to be online all day for.
@dawnald (84109)
• Shingle Springs, California
Haven't had an interview in years, other than a test one, in a class. Supposedly it went well, but I already had the job. lol Good luck.
@SomeCowgirl (32276)
When I worked for one place we had refresher class, it wasn't too bad and we were served food and everything so it was kinda fun but boring at the same time.
I used to work for Walmart for seven years & at first I loved working for them, but then management changed & so did the way the employees were treated. I no longer liked working there. There was favoritism among the soft lines people as well as among a few other departments. Then there was the over time you thought you were getting. One week you worked double shifts making all this extra money only to find out that the following week your hours had been cut down to just a few hours each day making up for all the overtime they gave you. So one week you had an awesome paycheck & the following you made next to nothing. Of course you got paid every two weeks so when you first glanced at your paycheck you did not realize just how many hours they actually took away along with all the extra money you thought you were making. I finally got fed up & quit. Most recently I spoke to a Walmart employee in one of the Walmart stores where I now live & she said that working for Walmart has gotten much worse & that she wished she could work anywhere but there. So my advice to you is, work anywhere but at Walmart. You will not be treated well & you will be over worked & underpaid.
@SomeCowgirl (32276)
Oh I already know that, but I am hoping that they won't call me back. I've had family that have worked at walmart and they were treated very very wrong. The job I hope to get is at a grocery store, and I am hoping for something like 6 am to 2 pm, but just not sure yet. Walmart has gotten horrible with the way they treat their employees, and a lot of people are looking for a way out.
@Morleyhunt (14084)
Hope you ave a job after all this time.
@bounce58 (17555)
So, did you get it? I was hoping that there was an update here that you got the job. Three hours?! That's quite a long walk. I hope you get it, and I hope you get your bike soon. No interviews lately, but I can see one for myself in the coming months.
Very timely for me! I just finished a series of interviews for different companies within this past few weeks. I was interviewed for three companies and I think I did pretty well with all of them. I am now scheduled for a job offer next week on one of them. I had around three interviews with them and an examination. On the other one I finished the initial interview and was already requested for the second interview. Same also for the third one. I just hope everything turns out well for the both of us.
@Jelminrie (358)
I haven't ate anything when i am interviewed for my present job, because I did not expected it to come, i am doing house chores, waxing the floors to be exact and i got a phone call that says, my former teacher was waiting for me to arrive, I turned it down once i thought they're not serious to get me,then there, the final call says, If you're not here in a 30 minutes we'll be looking for other people, then I rushed to my old school and had an initial intervies, i did not have dinner, breakfast, and lunch, I'm there with my corpo attire and grumbling stomach,now, I'm working here for nearly 5 years.
I hope you get the closer job. I have bought nice bikes at pawnshops. I even had a guy that worked there pick me out a nice one early on. Just an idea. I haven't had an interview since probably 2001 or so. Good luck and all. The bike and the closer job would be nice wouldn't it?
@Shellyann36 (7122)
Well good luck with the job hunting. I am glad to see that you are not too proud to walk to get to work. My oldest son had to walk to work each day for a long time before he finally got a car. He would walk about an hour and a half to get to work and to get back home again. My middle son refused to do this. Needless to say the older son kept his job and got a car and the middle son had to beg rides from him. I have not had any interviews lately. I am a SAHM and I make as much money online as I can for the family. I also baby sit but the lady I baby sit for is out of school for the summer and I will start back in August. Once again, good luck with the job hunting and getting a bike!
I wish you the best of luck. I know that transportation can be a problem when you live in an area where there are no busses or other modes of transportation. I have the same problem. My husband and I are struggling so much that only his name is on the car insurance and I usually stay at home working on here and also attending an online graduate school.
• Marion, Kansas
I have not interviewed in a long time. I hope you did well, and wish you lots of luck with your transportation to work.