What is going to happen to this world if we lose our checks

I was told we may not get our checks on the third because of congress. I am worried about how I will pay my rent. That is going to cause more war going on in the streets.
Don't worry. They'll come. Obama's putting on a show. There is money there, he just doesn't want to spend it on this.
I will be waiting this august to see if we are screwed.
I'm on disability, so if the checks don't come, I'll be screwed too. A lot of us on mylot will be. But I think Obama knows if he screws this up, no way would he get reelected. And that should scare him into action.
Ah, Ambie is right, if Obama messes up the American people, no way will he be reelected...
Though I am not for certain what is taking place, I do know they are working on it and be positive and hope it does not happen. I am hoping they do the right thing and get this all straightened out as there are so many that will be without and hopefully it will get resolved.
I will have to wait and see what happens like everyone else. It is going to be very hard as well.
The whole thing is a mess and am hoping it is resolved soon. My gut says it will not happen and all will continue to get their checks. I am hoping so as it can be disastrous and don't think they would want for more then the mess there already is.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I haven't been following the news. Are they threatening another government shut down? This will be the 4th one this year.
Yes and we are so worried about this going on around here.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Isn't section 8 state funded? I wouldn't worry too much. Its usually the military folks like my hubby who get screwed anyway.
This is just awful even threatening this to the poor people. Does he not realize that older people could have a heart attack just from getting upset over this whole subject. Also there are many people on SSD that have anxiety and depression issues and just can not handle this type of thing. Obama and the lawmakers should each be forced to live on a small fixed income like the people of SS and SSD for just one month and then see how they feel about cutting these people's money from them.
I know the stress of this is hurting me as well. But,I made u my mind I am going to try to get off this and work for myself. I am done with this stress.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
Just remember this when it comes time for election. Our government does not really care about us. They are about lining their pockets and the hell with us. I am so sick and tired of the way the government is running this country. Let your congressmen/women know exactly how you feel.
The people that run our government are crooks and liars. I am totally convinced of that. Did any of those in the federal office take a pay cut? Nope, they gave themselves a nice raise a couple years back. At least in Michigan, they did take a cut. Instead the Feds cut the few dollars raise a month from SSI/SSD recipients. It probably did save more money than the leaders in our government getting a cut, but they could at least show solidarity with the rest of us.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
Yes, every single one of them is a crook and a liar, I don't care what branch they serve on or what level they are on. They are all steady lining their pockets and sticking it to the regular folks. They get kickbacks, campaign funding from big corporations to assure that they will vote for/approve the agendas of the corporations etc. As far as the leaders of our government taking a cut in pay they should not be paid, period! It should be an honor to serve and to have the perks that they already have without having to add a paycheck to it.
@carolscash (9500)
Well, somewhere the government has got to cut spending and they can't seem to reach an agreement on where that needs to be. I understand both sides of this issue but we as a country need to do something. I don't see how not sending out checks will help but basically it seems as though we will not have the money to pay. I look for everyone to get decreased amounts. No one is to blame for the mess this country is in except for ourselves. We are the ones who think that we need to be involved in everyone else's wars and that our politicians are making billions of dollars each year, and that there are so many people who could work that get disability, etc. If we would send illegal immigrants back to their country instead of allowing them to monopolize our jobs and our benefit programs, our own might be able to get some help. Also, the government needs to step up and offer some paying jobs for the many who are unemployed.
@sid556 (31003)
Well they could cut back on what they spend on section 8 housing for starters. Where I live, they just spent a ton of money and I mean a ton on new thermostats, hot water heaters, appliances, doors, insulation, shower heads, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors etc. That was a few months ago and now...they are tearing the buildings to the ground and moving us all about as they do this and rebuilding and giving us all new appliances etc. Even new parking lots! Nothing wrong with what we have but they are spending millions on this project and that is just my complex.
They are tearing down the buildings after they invested all that money in them? I would be complaining like crazy about the waste to my government officials. That is just not right, and such a waste. It sounds like there are a lot of people involved in a scam to fleece the American people. Contact your local news channels, they may do an investigative report and be able to follow the money. It may even land some folks in jail.
I was told by a friend of mine that this is just paranoia, and a scare tactic. The last time SocSec was threatened in April, we called SocSec, and were told that money was already put away by the middle of the month for next month, just that it didn't show up in accounts until the 3rd, and that we don't have to worry. If SocSec and other govt benefits go down the crapper, there's going to be all out WAR in the USa, and it'll be civilians against government. The politicians know this is going to happen, and that is why they are going to have to come up with something, and why they WILL. My husband is an American and besides my smaller Canadian benefit, the rest of our income is his SocSec.
Mine as well and now I am doing avon for my exra income.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I am with sedel, I am so buried in my math that I didn't know something like this was happening...I wouldn't worry though, but thanks for alerting me, I still like to know what is going on in the world..
Your very welcome.
I really do not think the politicians will let this happen, as we would all be up in arms. They would end up lynched. Way too many people depend on their monthly checks.
I truly hope so because I am deeply stressed right now. That would not make living in this neighborhood any safer. People will rob you and kill even faster.
@stephcjh (32327)
The government is taking way too long to figure out how to cut spending and get the defecit down to where it needs to be. they keep on spending and making it worse. We will all eventually lose everything due to lack of funds.
My god we will all be homeless without our check to pay the rent. I knew it was bad but this is terrible. I can't make any money selling avon if people are going to lose their income. I am going to lose my mind.
This just goes to show me one more reason why I don't do corporate America at all. I simply can't. It's not for me. My friend told me I'm good at doing me. So I am doing me a lot harder than I ever have before. I have to make the bacon and I plan on doing so right from the comforts of my home.
@steffi30 (104)
I understand your fear. My mother is on disability and it would cause major problems for me and her if she doesn't get her check. It's stupid that the government can line their own pockets and have no problem screwing everyone else over.
• Estonia
I am not affected by this problem, but I've heard that US government is running out of money and the country's debt keeps increasing. It's a tough situation, cause it may severely affect all the economics and lives of ordinary citizens like you. I live in Estonia, which belongs to European Union. During the world economical crisis we had the same problem - the budget deficit and stuff. Luckily, our government had some reserves and this money was used to stabilize the situation. The government also cut it's expenses by not raising the salaries of some employees and services. It was a hard decision, but in conclusion it helped to save the economics. Now the things are going better and salaries are rising once again. I think that your government should do something similar - cut their expenses until it's not too late. Sometimes in order to win you have to lose first.
@rosegardens (3043)
Don't worry Gifts. They are not going to cut the SSI/SSD recipients out because it would bring too much havoc to the streets as you say. I would like to see the feds and the executive office take a nice cut from their pay though, and forego their retirement benefit package. The white house will always make tons of money in speaking engagements, books, etc. They do not need welfare.
@samafayla33 (1857)
scare tactics, they are good at getting our attention and making us aware of problems going on in washington. There are people that are worried, but the national debt crisis has nothing to do with our social security we pay into each week
SOmething about congress not agreeing with Obama. It will certainly cause alot of unrest, violence and hostily toward the president. Civil war is what could happen. I heard this about the government not being about to pay us our SS back in May I think it was too. I am certainly stressing about this. We were just starting to do okay for ourselves.
@ravisivan (14053)
Receiver of rent also will know that and there should not be any issues on this score. Why worry about it 20 days ahead of it. u can worry afterwards.