though appreciation is free people dont give it freely..

Good day fellow mylotters, It was one Saturday afternoon when my sister and I had some chat. Talking and sharing different stories on what has happened for the past one week. And one of the topic we have had discussed was regarding appreciation. I told to my sister, why some people do find it hard to appreciate good deeds and small gestures. Just like what I saw in a supermarket, wherein, the line to the cashier was quite long. There is a man with only 1 purchased item who follows to the other guy who has a basket of goods purchased. The guy who has a basket of purchases give way to the man who has only 1 item. In short, they have exchange position - the man who has only 1 item goes first. And that man does not even say thank you to the guy. Wherein, he did not even appreciate what has been done by the man who has give way for him to be at first in the line. Thus, why some people are very stingy in giving away appreciation. Hence, appreciation is free of charge and yet it cannot be given easily. Why like this.
@ravisivan (14055)
airasheila: To praise others, to thank others a lot of generosity is required. People who are born as a single child or who have not lived in joint family may find it difficult to praise others or receive praises from others. If I were to be in the position of that person with purchase of one item only --I will certainly say thanks to the guy who allowed me to go ahead.
@jaiho2009 (39021)
hello aira, This happens in reality where people don't know how to appreciate small things of kindness. I also wonder why some people get it too hard to say that simple word "thank you" or even a smile in gesture of saying thanks. Or,i want to think they are too shy to say that? Uhmnn...egoistic maybe have a great day
@busybee10 (3191)
Hi airasheila, I am very crazy about your topic and hence selected to respon d. What you say is very correct. [b]My study says that people have become EGOISTIC and also SELFISH. They want their work to be done fast.......what ever be the case and no gestures or thankyou's or sorry's are expressed. Not only this they do not blow horn on the roads not show the difrection of their turning of the vehicle either right or left.And so many activities are unanswered in this beautiful life. To do this one should first of all use his commonsense (even this is freely available but they do not use) and maturity of knowledge ths will also play a vital role.[/b] Any how much can be discussed on this topic.
@Awinds (2475)
We humans are very selfish creatures. We often take actions that only benefit us. Putting others ahead of ourselves is not natural - we have to think about it and work at it. Showing appreciation gains us nothing. It does not increase our status or give us more time or anything like that. I suppose the warm, fuzzy feeling we get when we show it is nice, but it doesn't really do anything for us in the long run. Now, the right thing to do is show appreciation, but most people are always in a hurry and will not take the time do it. Getting past the intersection before the light turns red is more important than waving a thanks at the pedestrian who willing let you infringe on their lawful right to cross first. Also, in today's modern world everything is fast and everything goes fast - that includes our patients. It's a rarity to find anyone who stops to smell the roses. We have to rush out the door of the supermarket instead of taking the time to thanks the man who let us go first in line. Combine a fast paced society with a dominate selfish instinct and you get a severe lack of appreciation.
@jalucia (1435)
I've been in this same situation. When I have way more items than the person behind me and it would only be fair to let them go ahead, I do. I don't always get a thank you. But, I guess I don't do it for the thank you. I do it cuz it feels right and I would look thoughtless for not letting them go ahead. I, myself, say thank you a lot. I also say the words "I appreciate it". I don't always get a "you're welcome" back or even a smile. But, my words are sincere. They also stem from the fact that I am often surprised when anyone does anything nice or useful for me. The world we live in !