My Heart Wants This!

@edsss17 (4398)
As some of you know, I am currently taking up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. I thought this is what I really want but there's something in me that's against it! Its my heart! I really wanted to take up JOURNALISM in the first place, but there's no school in my place that is offering such course. That's why I forced myself to take that course since its in my scholarship.. but I made up my mind now. I will take JOURNALISM after I finish this. It takes time, but I think everything is not too late by that time! :) Well guys, is there something in your life that you wanted to change? Am really curious...
@carmelanirel (20979)
I'd LOVEit if my school decides that since my major is in writing, that I don't have to take so many math classes..But as far as changing what I want to do, No... I admire you for wanting to go into journalism. My writing is more fictional, so when I had to take English comp 112 last quarter and it was on writing a research paper, I hated it..So I do love to write, but prefer to use my imagination and not worry about citations..
@edsss17 (4398)
That's what worries me too. I have a stage fright! and I hate reciting it in front of the class! :) I admire you also for writing fictional. I can't write in fictional! :/
@visavis (5945)
@edsss17 I think now your right decision not to get journalism because from your ownself you must overcome first your fear which that fear is related to your want. @carmelanirel that's a good experience to have research writing, not just think what you want to write, why you not try it who knows you love it. Try before you complain...
@edsss17 (4398)
So true visavis! I need to overcome this fear first before jumping to Journalism! :)
@visavis (5945)
Sometimes our own want is the problem but sometimes we are forcing to do like what you done taking other course than you like because not available in your area, but still good dicision at least your not become idle. Same case to me before I wanted to become a doctor some day but due to financial constrain diverted my want into Business Administration which not totally utilised, at present I'm doing Administrative Assistance work.. but anyway may be not to but for my children I hope done my ambition and want...
@edsss17 (4398)
Thanks for appreciating it Kababayan! :) This is the right thing to do. I should take this so my time won't be wasted! :)
@visavis (5945)
Welcome kabayan.. but just bare in mind your want should be there always and focus to reach such goal. I pray and hope you can make it someday and seen you on TV or news paper or magazine a successful journalist
I remember a few years back when I had that argument with my parents 'cause I also wanted to take up journalism or Mass Communications in college. It was my dream. But my parents talked me into taking up engineering. They said my future was more secure when I have a license on my back and an engineering degree at that. It was painful to accept my fate at that time. I took engineering course in college and finished it but I can't erase the feeling that I should have taken up the other path. To tell you honestly, I miss writing and the love for literature, arts and writing itself is still with me. I have settled into writing here at mylot, making a few remarks now and again and I bet that I'm not that fully satisfied. So I guess, as for you, the best thing you can do is always follow your heart. Do what you think is right. Do what you love most and it will pay off when the time comes. Good luck my friend.
@edsss17 (4398)
I will surely do. Thank you for sharing! It opens my mind again! :) Thank you for dropping by!
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes but only in my mind because I finished BSCS but I love HRM after I finished my course I don't want to be re enroll again so that's it.
@edsss17 (4398)
Let me guess, you don't like to be in school always? HAHAHAHA! I hope I'll love BSIT soon! :)
@surekharathi (14134)
Yes friend this type of problems are facing my brother's daughter she wants to take admission for 11th computer science she wants to complete 11 the 12th then she wants to do the Engineering. But everybody in our family members are forcing her to take admission in Polytechnic if she wants to do the Engineering. Really the my niece is confused what should she do. Really now study is very tough. But friend you should do in which you are interested because forcing is not work properly if you have not interested in that field.
@edsss17 (4398)
So true my friend! I'll definitely follow what my heart wants! :)
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
I'm really glad that you'll be taking the subject you really want to. Coz I have a friend, well more like a sister, and she took the course she never liked and after the completion of 4 years of university, she regrets that choice. She doesn't want to work in that sector so she's looking around to go to university again, another 4 years with the major she likes! So yeah it's good that you're doing it. And no, I don't think it's late coz in my opinion, it's never too late to study or correct some mistake.
@edsss17 (4398)
That's what my friend told me too. In education, its always never too late! :) Maybe next sem, I'll be able to get Journalism already!