Discovering almost forgotten movies on DVD

@megamatt (14327)
You'd be surprised about what gets put out on DVD. Granted there are bare bones releases, but there are times where I go through the DVD discount bin and see some surprising movies, some that I vaguely remember watching as a child but it has long since faded off into obscurity in the most part. Obviously those long forgotten movies on DVD would not be bigger sellers, so going through the discount bin would yield some interesting finds. I'm certain that I'm not the only person who has experienced this from time to time.
As a proud DVD scavenger I look forward to whenever I find a shop which has a bargain box full of cheep DVDs and usually have to restrain myself from buying up too many movies I remember watching years ago as well as those I've never heard of. But one of the good things about these bargain boxes is that you can take a risk on a movie you’ve never heard off, or a star who isn’t familiar as they cost so little yet it can open the door to a whole list of movies you may never have bothered with before.
@megamatt (14327)
That is really a great thing about the bargain bin to say the very least for sure. There are times where something rather interesting catches our eye. Something that we might have not honestly discovered if we had not been rummaging through said bin in an attempt to find something to really watch. Who knows, we might stumble upon something that we enjoy. I do also agree that it might be rather difficult to restrain ourselves, in an attempt to really buy more movies than I have time for. It is rather easy to get backlogged on DVDs, when people go nuts on the deals. I've been trying to scale back but at the same time, there are any number of things that catch my eye. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@marie2052 (3697)
While we all think of the big Dept stores like Walmart, Kmart etc, I found going to the mall FYE that specializes in music and DVD's you can get some pretty good prices on older movies too. But have to admit when Target runs their 4.75 sale I look to see if there is any that I want but do not have. Guess the last new movie I bought was Burlesque. Now I want Rango, so will get that this weekend.
@megamatt (14327)
Good stuff. I tend to really keep a watch out for any sales, but its a matter of actually getting there. Still there have been times where I have found a few interesting DVDs. Also the grocery store has a rack with some interesting selections that are cheaply priced as well. Pretty much any place can be an an untraveled road for DVDs. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
Yes here at Walmart they have bins with loads of great finds. They usually are %5.00 each and run sales from time to time where we can get them for 2 for $5.00. During the holiday times I do enjoy scouring through them and finding some old long time films and even not so old ones in which as a family we enjoy watching together.
@megamatt (14327)
Every time I stop at Walmart, I try and go through the bins. You never know what you would find. You're right that there are some not so old movies in there. At least two or three years old some of them, which is rather not that old. There are a lot of good finds if you really do know where to look. It can be a rather pleasant suprise what you might be able to find and some rather good deals too. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
It's good when you find an old, long forgotten movie or one of those movies that they never play on TV anymore. I do think there needs to be a lot more put on DVD though; I'm sure there's a bunch of gems there will never see a DVD release, or new viewers... :(
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes if you always to forget if you got to remember it is good to it keep on remembering.