I like Carmex...

@ElicBxn (60895)
I like it a lot. I use it on my lips, on paper cuts, hangnails... I really like the stuff. And now they've come out with a new 'flavor', Lime Twist Pretty nice, its also SPF 15, also nice... So, I was reading the back and it says: "Tested on family members - not on animals." What more could I ask for? Do you like Carmex lip balm? Did you know it could be used on other things?
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
Good. I don't buy anything tested on animals.There are more than enough products out that have been tested that testing new stuff on innocent animals is redundant.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I used to belong to a group that didn't like unnecessary testing on animals - it doesn't matter if you've added a new scent to bleach, it will STILL blind that rabbit!
• Israel
It also doesn't matter if it's totally non-toxic like water, If the rabbit ingests enough it will die. They do tests to see how much can be eaten before half the rabbits die. Testing is wrong, immoral and totally unnecessary. Stop all testing NOW .
I use a lot of carmex as I am always with dry and chapped lips. I did not know they created a lime flavored one. I will have to pick some up very soon and will look for the new flavor.
I forgot to mention that I was not aware we could use it on other areas. Hmm will it help like for insect bites too?
@ElicBxn (60895)
I don't think so, the reason it helps with paper cuts is because it keeps the outside edges moist and they don't dry and separate, that means they can heal faster from the inside rather than trying to also close those sore edges of the cut
I like carmex, and several other things. I love various lip balm products to soften my cuticles, and it seems to prevent the hangnails if I do it religiously. I will also run some lip balm over other small dry spots, such as a cat scratch that is healing.In desperation in the winter I have slicked some on the palms of my hands and rub on dry skin. I wonder about the lime, because citrus, if it is real citrus, will cause photo sensitivity.
@ElicBxn (60895)
no, its not real, not listed as an ingredient...
@yoyo1198 (3643)
I've got the little 0.25 oz. right here at my fingertips on my desk. I use it mainly on my lips for moisture and definitely when I have a cold sore. That usually occurs only about once a year. Didn't know about the other uses. Where did you find out about that? Experience?
@ElicBxn (60895)
I got a really bad cut from a piece of plastic and I knew I was going to be working the coming weekend helping my friend clean out her mother's apartment. I started poking the finger in a thing LIKE Carmex (that I didn't really like as well as Carmex) and if fixed it right up. Carmex does the same thing and I like it on my lips - I've never cared for the waxiness of Chapstick... so if you get a sore, paper cut or shallow scrape, try the Carmex, it allows it to heal faster because it keeps the edges moist.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind. Mostly, I use one of the generic tubes of triple antibiotic for cust and scrapes.
@cerebellum (3871)
I usually use Chapstick, but Carmex sounds better. I don't really like the waxyness of Chapstick, but I always thought you needed it for the stuff to work on chapped lips. I get hang nails a lot, but never thought of trying anything on them. I will try it out. Thanks for the info!
@ElicBxn (60895)
Good luck!
@mentalward (14695)
Not much, no and no. You couldn't ask for much more, I've never used it so I can't say I like it and I did not know it could be used for other things. Now that you'd told me, I'll be more inclined to try some the next time I see it when I go shopping. I normally use something made by Blistex (not the stuff for cold sores) that is supposed to be "rejuvenating" for lips and it does make them feel good but I doubt it could be used for anything else. What exactly does Carmex do for paper cuts and hangnails? Does it have an antibiotic or something?
@ElicBxn (60895)
any sore should heal from the inside out, and when you get a paper cut or scrap, the edges dry out and shrink... well, carmex (or any of those products, I'm sure blistex would too) keeps the edges moist and so it stays closed and because it isn't also trying to close the hole caused by the dry edges, it heals faster...
lol @ 'tested on family members, not animals'. That's freakin' awesome. I never really got into using Carmex although I am seriously addicted to Chapstick during the winter especially but mainly just all year long. lol! I always have to have some kind of chapstick with me - ALWAYS! I don't have any other uses for it though, sadly..
@ElicBxn (60895)
I had a friend when I was a kid at horse riding that was addicted to chapstick, but I really never cared for it.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Thanks for the info. I have never heard of it but will look for it the next time i need lip balm.
@ElicBxn (60895)
its pretty nice, not too strong...
@edsss17 (4398)
That sound sexy! :) Am really not into lip balms or lipsticks! But this one got me interested!
@ElicBxn (60895)
It doesn't really have color, but it keeps your lips from becoming red and sore
@deebomb (15322)
I like carmex and have used it for years now. For me it is the best lip balm out there. I don't care for flavored lip balm. The best thing they came out with was having it in the tubes. For years I bought it in that little jar but kept getting it under my finger nails. Now I use the tubes. As far as I'm concerned it's the best way to get it.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I like the jars, but I don't use my fingers, I just wipe it on my lips, and when it gets low, I melt it (either in the hot car or in the microwave) turn it on its side and let it set that way and continue until its gone!
@JenInTN (27565)
I like Carmex too. I usually use it in the winter quite a bit. I hadn't thought about it having alternative uses though. My ex's mom used to want to put it on my daughter's cheeks..LOL..they were rosy and I guess she thought they were chapped.
@ElicBxn (60895)
that would work too, except you have to keep it away from the eyes
@blue65packer (11835)
I use it on my lips all the time! I love Carmex! I hate it when I keep losing my carmex! I seem to to lose them everywhere! I keep a stash of them in my bathroom medicine cabnit so when I lose one I have more! I also did not know it was gtreat for other things!
@ElicBxn (60895)
I know what you mean, a jar in the car, a jar at work, a tube in my pocket, a jar on the desk... here a jar, there a jar, every where a Jar-Jar...
@stephcjh (32327)
I have used Carmex for years. I mainly use it for when my lips are chapped. I have also used it on cold sores too though.
@bellis716 (4806)
I never wou ld have thought to use it on cuts, but I have used it on insect bites.