YouTube vs Books

Recently i find myself surfing stuff on youtube which i don't understand on books.. like for example.. "synthesis of collagen fiber". when i read some medical books, i find it very hard to understand.. but when i search it on youtube.. and someone with a video explains it to me.. it's like.. "is that what i didn't understand?" it's that simple..
@cathloe (184)
like you i would be probably look into videos in youtube rather than reading a book. though, reading a book is very much suggested by many because it also enhances your capability to picture what the book is trying to portray. it also enhances your vocabulary and accuracy in selecting words whenever you speak or write. but even if that's the case, i'm not really into reading maybe because i get too bored and tired. it also makes me sleepy most of the time. there are times that you really need to read a book and understand its context. i guess, patience and better understanding is all you need to finish what you must read. i agree with you, it's better to see an animation or video because you can really understand it in few minutes. it all depends on the situation but let's not forget that both reading and watching are good in enhancing our knowledge and skills =)
I tried asking some people about the best strategy on learning.. some says studying, like reading books and understanding it, but you must have patience and self discipline in order for it to work, some also said that if your going practical, then you should look at youtube videos more, as to it explains more briefly what you wanna know, and it is better than reading books, you will understand it in just a few minutes, unlike books.. you really have to ask someone to teach you.. but guess what?.. the people who answered reading books are from ages 40++ while the people who answered youtube videos are college students.. the difference in generation.. :D
@surfer222 (1715)
me too, sometimes when i read something in books or blogs that i don't understand i search youtube for explaination and i can understand better what the book or blog try to tell me, i think our brain process better with two input (audio-visual) than only one input (reading).
I agree.. got nothing more to say.. hahahahaha.. technology.. oh what wonder!
@katrinapaz (2438)
i think it is because we learn more quickly if there are a lot of pictures and there is a video and a background voice explaining to us of what really happens in certain situations. If i was younger and still in school i would do the same thing too!