I'm not going she dosent deserve a babyshower

Im throwing a babyshower for my sister in-law. It is her fourth, but this is her first boy. I had a little shower, well, welcome party for both of my kids. I have a daughter who is 8 and son is 5. My sister in-law her first is from a previous relationship and her daughter is 7, than she has a 3,1 and than this one is due on September. She likes to pop them out, but its a different discussion. So since its her first boy I decided to throw her a shower. We have a family member, my and her husbands aunt who is just down right crazy. She tells my mother in-law once she gets the invite, "I'm not going to the shower because she dosent deserve one." I understand many ppl believe its only for your first, but I think its okay if you have a girl and than a boy its okay to have a shower. I believe every child should be celebrated and a litte party for each one shouldnt be frowed upon. What are your thoughts?
@marianne87 (3526)
I never had a babyshower for any of my 3 children, but my family bought gifts for each baby as soon as they were born. My grandmother bought their cot-beds, my parents bought the pushchairs, and other family members bought clothes and toys.
To me a shower is nice and if you have one its a great way to celebrate before hand. I didnt have a shower with my daughter no one threw one. I had a welcome party for her that my Mom and I did. My son I had a good friend who threw a shower for me for him and than my mom and I threw him a welcome baby party. We live out of state or the welcome party was a great way for everyone to meet my baby. The gifts you got were wonderful and I figure she will get gifts anway, might as well have some fun.
My parents are superstitious about shopping too early for a baby. They tried to discourage me with each pregnancy until around 8 months, they didn't want me to shop at all!
I think she should have something for herself but I would not give her a forth shower. That is too much for the same people to bring more gifts what happens if she has another boy after that one.
If it really means that much to you give her the shower. After all you don't have to invite the aunt if you don't want to.
I don't really understand why they hold baby showers but since you said it's her first every time then, technically, she's eligible to hold one again, right? I mean, all you have to do is respect the person for what she wants. Besides, you got nothing to lose.
Im the one throwing the shower. As said in the discussion. I wrote the title line to let everyone know what my husbands aunt said. She said she dosent deserve a shower because its her fourth, but shes having a boy this time. I figure its nice to have a shower and celebrate. I think every baby should be celebrated.
• Saudi Arabia
I think celebrating every baby is so nice this makes everyone of them special.. and since this is the first baby boy she'll need some blue stuff for him and having a baby-shower will definitely make her happy… good luck and wish you an enjoyable party :)
• Saudi Arabia
Exactly...
I think it's not as necessary since it is her forth child. She probably still has a lot of baby stuff from her other children. Only thing she'd need since it is her first boy, would be baby boy clothes.
No, its not as important, but being a boy i think its nice to celebrate him. We have to face the facts though out of all the baby showers I have thrown and the two I had for my kids all I got were clothes and some diapers anyway.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
a baby shower for each baby, that's how it goes around here anyway. I don't see why the aunt thinks she doesn't deserve it but it might be a deeper issue then just the fact that she's had other kids.