Let A Man Be A Man

@erikmama (12934)
I was watching some movie on Lifetime earlier and this was the advice from one friend to another. Let a man be a man and everything will be just fine. It kind of made me laugh, but it also made me wonder~ What does it mean to let a man be a man? IO mean, I know it is a proven fact that a man and woman brains are different, but is their that much of a difference? What does it mean to let a man be a man to you? Would this ever be good advice you would give for a relationship? Can a woman be a woman too??
Adrian said it means to let a man do what ever he wants to do. LOL That means he can't be a mna while in a relationship with me. LOl
He is smiling right now after reading this. He said he was not meaning cheating. e is not built like that. His mother did a great job raising him to be good to woman. When he gets over his jealous ways he will be just fine.
@adnileb (5035)
You got me laughing on your response giftsandbags. That's what my boyfriend wanted too.
@erikmama (12934)
I am sure that it was all meant as a joke, giftsand bag! I dont know alot of women who would put up wioth just anything. I am glad that you are happy with your man and in your relationship!!
I am not clear about what it means.What should the man be like ? Whether it means that let man do what he should do or respect is due to man.If it is the latter,then ,isn't respect due to woman?I am even confused!
@erikmama (12934)
Her adviceon the movie was in respionse to something that the man was doing and the woman did not like. I am not sure what it meant myself, which is why I turned to ht ehlp of all of my mylot firends!!
I do not watch lifetime but this is what "let a man be a man" means to me. It means sometimes a guy does something and we(as women) see too much into the situation. Women tend to think that if a guy looks at a girl, plays too many video games or whatever that he's not into you. I don't care if my man looks at a girl because that's all he's doing. If someone looks good they look good but he's with me and I know he doesn't stray. As long as I'm getting my attention I don't care if he pllays video games or goes out with the guys or whatever. Men don't talk as much as us women nor share their feelings. We shouldn't hassle men just because they don't think like us. Ladies should also not expect men to go shopping with them or other girly stuff. If you do then you should be willing to give your time to something you might think is dumb like a Comic book convention or whatnot. It's give and take!
Yes! That's good that he does stuff with you and then you do stuff he likes. Some girls aren't like that. They want the guy to go shopping with them, watch sappy love movies but then when a guy wants to go to a hockey game or dirt biking or something the girl doesn't want to go and in turn doesn't want him to go either. That's not fair in a relationship. Also women need to understand that a guy does need buddy time. He can't be around estrogen all the time! Lol! Henmight turn into a lady himself!
@bounce58 (17526)
I'm no relationship expert, but I don't think letting a man just be a man, is totally good for any relationship. I know that a couple should have their each other's space, but as man, letting myself do just whatever couldn't be all too good. I guess this should come with a qualifier, that the man should know what it takes to be a man first. And that means, taking all the responsibilities that come with being a man.
Thinking on my experiences with my husband, the first thing that I think about when I hear someone say to let a man be a man is to allow them to have some toys and to have a good time with the things that they enjoy in their life. For example, my husband likes cars and motorcycles, neither of these things are really something that I'm particularly interested in, but I know that he has to have those things to enjoy his life. With that said, I do think that women should be allowed to be women as well.
@adnileb (5035)
I searched on it trying to find some meanings for it and here's what I got. http://lakeshawomack.com/2010/02/11/let-a-man-be-a-man/ reading the comments, seems like I am reading mylot. Different views. And now I know that it is also a book... http://www.audrajackson.com/ It means the quote/dialog is big thing. I wanted to ask my boyfriend about his view but he's sleeping already. As for me, I can't think of my explanation for that.
I guess it means if we need a hooker, then give us a hooker and not a free disneyland pass.
Let man be a MAN for me when i read that quote.. it means that you should let a man do the things he wanna do.. but if you're talking about relationship, when a man cheats with his wife/girlfriend, then that being is not a man. a man in general is the one who takes care of everything, he may wander off at times, may try things out of curiosity, but know this, a true man will never do anything that is against the common good. a man is everything in this universe, but what astounds me is, a real man knows his limitations, he doesn't do something when he knows it's out of his league.. unless of course one his love ones are in danger, then at that time, man, will have no weakness.. a man is not a man without his woman, for a man is not a complete man without her.
@Emerald20 (130)
For me, it's like let him do what he wants as a man.and vice versa, a woman can too. Personally, with my partner, I just allow him stuffs like going out with friends and go home anytime he wants. I don't get mad when he and his friends talk about girls even when I'm around. It's like I understand it's a boys' stuff. Yes, it would be a good advice because any how you are letting both to grow. Do what you want but know your limitations. Let him be and never control...
@thetis74 (1525)
Letting the man be a man I guess, isn't a problem. The man can be a man and a woman can be a woman just as animals can be animals. The only problem would be is that there are different kinds of men and what if the man isn't really a man from the inside. (Then he might come out like a woman, or an animal). Hehe. Just kidding. Really. Sorry. But what if some people say or some men will say that they were naturally born womanizers, or whatever. We can't just accept that. But anyway, whoever wants to be let alone a man, i sure hope are real men.
I suppose on how it was being said and for what reason. If it is referring to relationships, I would have to say let a man be a man would mean to allow him to do all the things he wants regardless if there are consequences or not and as long as we understand he is a man it is acceptable. Well I say no, that can't be right for me. Though we do not have to change who we are while in a relationship we do have to take note of the other person's feelings as well. Compromising is necessary in all relationships. I can only say let them be a man/woman if they are in an open relationship would be fine. But since I am not in one, I can accept that, simply because I too would not do all I wanted as I do take note to my partners feelings.