Raising Money For My Future Nonprofit

I am so excited! I have been worrying about raising money for my future animal rescue, but I have recently discovered something called 'fiscal sponsorship.' This is when one organization with a 501c3 (nonprofit) status can sponsor a similar organization that hasn't gotten that nonprofit status yet. I found this nonprofit organization who's mission is to sponsor budding nonprofits. They are called "Help is Here Inc." I emailed them asking them questions (I am kind of new to this whole fiscal sponshorship idea) and I hope to hear back from them. If they accepted my mission and decided to sponsor me, I could focus on raising money that will help me eventually start up my nonprofit animal rescue!
@thezone (9452)
Nice one. I know you will get a good result. Once you are committed to the cause you can't go wrong
Thank you, I hope they feel the same way! Haha. I didn't send them any details about what I have in mind for my rescue, I just asked them questions about their program.
@thezone (9452)
Keep the details to yourself and make them want you! and I have no doubt that your contact with them has them interested
@MsTickle (25007)
I really admire and commend you for what you are doing but I'm rather curious as to how you will obtain on going funds and how you will make a living.
I would mostly depend on donations (monetary and others), a government grant, and things like that. But I'm also considering taking a part time job somewhere to secure funds. But then I worry if that'll take time away that I need to be spending with the animals. Don't want to work another job too much and not give the animals the attention they need.
I really hope you get the response you are after from this organisation! I hope all goes well! Have you thought about starting up a blog or website noting your experiences & ideas in starting this animal resuce up? maybe you could even put a paypal donate button up for it.
I do have a website that promotes all kinds of animals. I talk a little bit about what I want to do, but I have a lot more stuff on there. News stories involving animals (good and bad), important animal videos, petitions that need to be signed (about animals), etc etc etc. It's basically a site centered for animal welfare at this time. I also have biographies of some of my own pets. If you'd like to see the site let me know and I'll send you the link! I wanted to wait for tax exemption before I started asking people for donations. That's why I really hope I find a sponsor! Thank you!
@carmelanirel (21108)
Congrats, I am so happy for you..Though I am clueless to what a "fiscal sponsorship" is, it sounds like something that can help your dreams off the ground.. So, let us know when you hear something from them, I am sitting on pins and needles here...
I'm kind of clueless about fiscal sponsoring too. I don't know all the rules or anything important like that, all I know about it is it's the idea that a nonprofit can help an organization that doesn't have nonprofit status yet. So I think it allows someone without nonprofit status fundraise and get tax exemption for their donations, which will be HUGE! Then I could start asking people to donate, and I could tell them it's tax deductible! Thank you! I'll let you guys know!
That a very good cause you going to get started with and I wish you luck and the all the best for the same. Its definately going to be challenging and things will not be easy at the beginning. But as times goes by and things begin ti fall in place i'm sure you will enjoy doing this and will be proud of yourself. The fact that 'help is here inc' is an organisation that is willing to help, for sure you will hear from them in a few days and based on their reply you will be able to plan your next move. As you have mentioned that you are new to this, with time you will get accustomed to things and fell better..
Thank you very much If they did sponsor me they would be helping me A LOT. Not only could I focus on raising money right now, but they would handle all the bookkeeping and tax files for me, which is a HUGE relief. And I could learn how to do it myself from them, so I'll have that knowledge when I get my own nonprofit status.
That sounds like a great idea. I would think Ny would need one of these as well.
I plan on resucing dogs from across the US, so I could eventually help NY animals, but I want to set up base somewhere that will allow me to own land for my animals.
@KrauseHome (33863)
It is always interesting when trying to do something like this finding out all that it will take to reach those goals. Many times a person tends to want to give up because of everything involved, but personally it is Best to try and do all it takes to achieve it. Because when it is truly one's life long dream and desire when you finally reach that goal and dream you realize it was worth your time and effort to get there and feel so much better about yourself.
@moondancer (7434)
This is really wonderful news. I hope they do sponsor you.