What do you have in common with your mate?

Should people who date have something they share in common. I am talking with adrian and I asked him what we have in common and thought to ask this here. I was laughing and said to him we are both poor. He looked like I was crazy..
@inertia4 (25249)
I have everything in common with my girl friend. I thought I had lots in common with my ex, but I found out that we were two total different people. The girl I am with now, I knew before my ex. I should have picked her instead of my ex. My mistake.
Well they say that opposites attract & in my husband's & my case it's true. My husband & I couldn't be more different. He is courageous wheres I am not. There isn't any adventure ride or roller coaster that he wont go on, while me on the other hand does not like any crazy rides of any kind. He's more of a people person & makes friends very easily, while I on the other hand get very nervous & sometimes even shy around people. I could go on & on, but it would take too long....LOL The one thing we do have in common is our religion & our love for God, not to mention the love we have for each other. I love my husband more now then I did on our wedding day & each day that we are together I just love him all the more.
I think it is important have something to share in common with your mate. Me and my Boyfriend loves to eat and watch movie. By that we enjoys company every time we go out.
My husband and I are both extremely interested in politics, and we are politically aligned. No political fights with us, we are on the same size. We both really enjoy attending multi-cultural events, and there are plenty of them around here. We love attending them all.
@KrauseHome (30807)
Well, overall there are a lot of times when mates may not always share the same likes and dislikes and things in common. Even things like food might be different tastes and such that appeal to one another. For my husband and I though I would tend to say we like the same type of Music, and we both enjoy a lot of Comedies, and reality type of programs like American Idol, America's Got Talent and The Voice.
@RitterSport (2452)
hi giftsandbagscom, with my husband and me you can say that opposites attract as we are quite different. What do we have in common, we both are Christians, different denominations though, we both like to cook and try new dishes, we both are no extreme neat freaks and relationships matter more than a bit of dust somewhere, and we share the goal that I stop working with 60 and so we save up as much as we can, with joint efforts, to bridge the time between me turning 60 and retirement money for me with 67.
@jdex_143 (1094)
Well, my boyfriend and I loves to watch a movie every night. We used to laugh together with the movie. We do like hollywood movies. We don't like seeing the local ones. :)
@ragikutty (2479)
• Kerala, India
I am gonna be married in around 50 days of time.. And yesterday from the time I saw this discussion, I was thinking and thinking to see what all we have in common.. To start with basic thing, food, I prefer non-veg and he eats anything edible.. Clothes, I do not go for branded items, i try to spend wisely where he puts branded ones alone.. I do not fancy giving away stuffs or money to friends or relatives, but he does.. Songs, movies, television shows we have extreme different taste.. And yea there is something we have in common.. We love each other and can't live without one another, though i doubt if its all enough for a happy life.. We both love travelling though we do have different ideas of destinations in mind..
I guess we are both passionate to make our relationship work and to make our family stronger and we also came from poor family as well, hahaha,. Kidding aside, my husband is really hardworking and he's a good provider.
@rameshchow (5284)
I am unmarried. Mate means for me, i can say about classmates only, i can do help my level best to my classmates. They also happy in my presence.
@menace730 (506)
Me and my wife (the most beautiful women in the Philippines I might add) love to be together no matter what we are doing. From shopping to just going for a walk. I believe that in a good relationship has to have friendship and not just love.
@pbbbsra (1214)
We have a lot in common. I think its the reason why we ended up together. We share the same thoughts. He can start a sentence and I can provide the same ending in his mind. We love the same movie and music and we also share the same dislikes. We love to travel and we don't like crowded places. Of course there are also things that are different between us and those are just normal.
@chiyosan (29392)
i think my partner and i do have a few things in common... we have had a lot of things to share with each other.. we talk a lot.. we like outdoors, we like to shop and we like movies... we like going out with friends, enjoy life and enjoy being with each other.
I had a lot incommon with my last ex. We both loved to travel, liked to go for drives in the country. We were both artistic though in different ways. We both thought we were always right. We were both funny and likes animals. Liked to work out in the yard and plant things.
@stephcjh (32387)
My husband and I have alot in common. Today is our 16th wedding anniversary but we have been together for a total of 19 years now. We do everything together other than hunting. He loves to hunt and I do what I want to do when he is away doing that.
@dodo19 (23684)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
My husband and I have a lot in common, which is probably one reason why we were attracted to each other in the first place, and a reason why we still are. Personally, I do think that it is important for people to have things in common. It definitely makes things easier, in my opinion. I might be wrong, but it's something that I've noticed from personal experience.
@cathloe (184)
we share the same interest in music, style, crazy ideas, jokes and celebrity idols =) that's fun =)
My boyfriend and I have lots of things in common. He loves me and I love him so that is one. lol Seriously though we both want exactly the same things out of life and that is to make our relationship smooth so that both of us can be at peace. We like the same types of movies and food too. I was not poor when he met me, though life has stuck me hard and the fact that he loves me regardless shows that what we both wanted out of life is happiness so must say that one too. Gosh my list can be endless.
@pringu (151)
Hi friend, m someone who don't believe in the fact that there should be something in common between the couples when they are dating or to have a successful relation. But then, it helps a great deal in flourishing the relation to a next level if you have got some things in common. Luckily, in my case, me and my gf has got just about everything in common, be it, interest in music, dancing etc etc. Realy it do help our relation and enables us to be more confident with each other.
@hotsummer (10077)
I don't have any partner yet . But I also want to be someone with personality different from mine and yet would be able to accept me for what I am and would enjoy being together .