Ants! Your driving me crazy!

I live on the top floor of a duplex. Noone lives below us. We have these ants that get in everywhere! They are making me go crazy! Nothing I do works to get rid of them! At first the ants didn't bite. I don't know if we got new ones or what but they bite now. My house is clean so what the crap! It us so annoying to swipe ants off you all day! Please someone help!
We lived in a small apartment for awhile that was at the back of an old house. When it got hot outside the ants came inside. What we did was put cinnamon at the places we saw that they came in. It worked!! It takes quite a bit of the cinnamon but it does work and gets rid of them.
I tried the cinnamon and ant baits. It did nothing! My husband asked why there was cinnamon everywhere! Lol it was messy! I am guessing I am going to have to complain to landlord but I have small kids and I don't want all kinds of chemicals used in my house.
Did you use REAL cinnamon? It is messy but it sure worked for us an several others who sware by it and we heard about it from them. Fake or old cinnamon isn't going to do the trick though.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
1. don't leave anything out that they can get into (ie sweets, etc.) 2. spray 3. plug up any holes in the walls 4. ant bait I've also heard that putting out baby powder across their trails works yeah, very annoying, we've been dealing with them for weeks now. Every time we plug up one hole, they find another one.
I never leave anything out it's like their just wondering around! Once I did leave my sugar out on the counter and the ants didn't even go for it! It's crazy!
@asliah (11149)
that is true because ants are really annoying and irritating us most of the time especially when they bite us when we clasp them accidentally,and we can see them everywhere such as in the closets and even in the kitchen where food they can eat.
@bubuth (1816)
Ants in our house is also bites. I suggest that use insect killer to shuuw them away on your house but honestly its just temporary because after spraying them insect killer they will come back within one to three hours. I only know two different type of ants that we can find inside the house. My mom said when its black,they don't bite and if its red they bite.
@KrauseHome (35026)
Personally I think especially once the warmer weather seems to hit, ants try to find any excuse they can to invade a house. Maybe there is something outside attracting them or something that was left in the place down below? Sounds like your Best defense might be to first thoroughly clean around the areas that they are entering in from, and then spray with Raid or something made to kill ants. Just make sure you do it and then maybe open a couple of windows and leave your place for a bit. Hope you find something that helps.
The only problem you might really get rid of them is with an exterminator. If they are carpenter ants, they live between your walls, eating wood and they will do damage. If you are renting, tell the owner to call an exterminator. One way you might keep them out of your apartment is to draw a line with chalk as its said that ants wont cross a chalk line.......but they will still be in your walls. Only way to get rid of them is with an exterminator. If you see ants with wings......try to kill them as they are the queen looking for a place to start a new nest. Can you tell I worked for an exterminator years ago? lol Good luck!!