Do you like watching cooking videos?

Israel
In the history of cooking videos, Julia Child was one of the first to show how to cook on TV! She also published a cookbook, The Art of French cooking. I saw it not too long ago in a bookstore. It looked way too difficult for me and there were lots of ingredients that are just not easy to get. But I just found a cooking video that is down to earth and uses ingredients that you can find in your local store. This is really for everyone! http://www.aish.com/f/r/Asian_Noodle_Salad.html What do you think? Would you be able to make this at home? Would you try? I would. Good luck cooking!
yes i do love watching cooking videos. i love cooking actually! in fact i am going to the world food expo on saturday with some friends and my cousin who seems to be so interested in cooking too. what's sometimes frustrating after watching those cooking videos from the television is that not all the ingredients are available in our country. but sometimes i use alternative ingredients and the food still taste well but not as much like the original recipe i guess. but i will try this one and i'll let you know what happened. haha. happy mylotting!
• Israel
Did you try making this dish? How did it turn out? Did your family like it? I think that most of the ingredients in this video are available in almost any country!
The time when I watch cooking videos is when I feel the earge to cook. I stay away from my family due to work reasons and dont generally end up cooking food at home. But there are those times when you suddenly get up and decide that you want to cook and thats when I go on the internet and look for how to make that particular dish. Also at times while watching television I may end up watching a cooking program as they are very knowledgable and it helps you in your cooking as well. I have also decided that eating home food is more healthy that eating from outside. So more often I will cook and eat home food..
• Israel
That's a good idea, eating at home. Actually it is cheaper as well. The prices at some restaurants have become very expensive.
@chiwasaki (4661)
Hi rachael! I really love watching cooking videos specially those cooking contest on television. I also like cake making videos or anything related to food making. I hope I can buy my own set of baking tools in the future. I want to bake more sweets and cakes.
• Israel
When you make cakes, do they turn out the way it does in the video? Sometimes when I make a cake it is a complete flop!
@nezavisima (7417)
• Bulgaria
Hello. I love to cook but also to watch videos that people make and how they cook different dishes. Also, sometimes I cook as people from the clips. I love to do new things and to cook different things. can try this and something like my videos. Very nice discussion. nice day!
• Israel
Here is another video by Chef Hershel: Here's another recipe, that is vegetarian but tastes like chicken. http://jerusalemsmallbusiness.blogspot.com/2011/08/chef-hershel-makes-mock-chick\ en-sweet.html You have to try it! Rachael Orbach www.lifecoachjerusalem.blogspot.com
@jillhill (37383)
Sometimes I do like watching them when I want to make something special..and it depends on who is doing the video...I am not fond of Julia Child....but like many of the other chefs that have regular tv shows....
• Israel
I like watching Chef Hershel, he puts in some philosophy every once in a while that makes it interesting! Did you catch it?
@Judy890 (1633)
Yes I watch cooking's on the cooking channel on Cable T.v. I think it's helpful for people because this can teach you a bit on making recipes. I know how to make lots of dishes because of watching cooking's online and on t.v
Yes, i enjoy watching cooking shows. I would watch Iron Chef, Bobby Flay, Nigella among others. I get some ideas of how to make cooking enjoyable and easier. I am able to learn some quick cooking dishes from them.