robotic lawnmower

First we had the vacuum that was a lil robot. Wich by the way never tried, anyone out there that did? Well I saw this lil dity http://www.robomow.com/ for someone who doesn't want to mow their lawn that looks similar. The price is waaaaay up there! If you could afford one would you buy one? contintue to do it yourself? or hire a service?
@dragon54u (31617)
That's so weird that you would find this because just a couple of weeks ago I posted a wish that someone would make a roomba for the yard! I don't see any prices there, though, and I wonder how much they are.
over $1000 and the bigger the yard the bigger the cost on it of course. And I was trying to remember the name of the Roomba for comparison to this gadget
Amazing on how technology continues to make so many so called convenient things. I don't think this is something I would want as when I owned my own home I use to enjoy cutting my own huge yard. I liked watching the joy of having done such a great job. One summer I actually hired a service and was so disappointed in the service. I never got it looking nice for weekends as I had to use their schedule and sadly they cut it the beginning of the week so by the weekend it did not look so great. So however convenient that is I would do mine the ole way. lol
Well, it is definitely an interesting concept, but it wouldn't be anything that I would use my money on. The main reason that I wouldn't use my money on something like that is because of the fact that our yard really isn't all that large so it doesn't take but just a few minutes to cut our front lawn. With the backyard, something like that wouldn't be feasible because of the fact that there are so many different obsticles in our backyard.
@ElicBxn (60884)
yeahhhhh, a thousand (or more) bucks is a bit more than I want to spend on a lawnmower... heck, I haven't even mowed this year - not enough rain to grow the grass!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Well I would continue to do it myself. Going outside and mowing the lawn is a health benefit after all, being active that is. Most likely if I were to buy this it would just mean that I'd be more lazy indoors. Plus the price? I didn't see it just watched the video, and well I can imagine the price is way up there. It'd be convenient for those who can't mow anymore, are too busy to mow, or have a large lawn (say robomow mows the front, you mow the back)....