Another chapter on stitching

@marie2052 (3697)
Ok girls gather around for the infamous bedtime story of stitching! So I have promised you all a updated picture of my piece. Well that doesnt happen when you are my age and forget you need good lighting for a cross stitch piece So the best I can do for tonight is give you all a bedtime stitching story instead! So gather your needles your floss and cloth because the your story is here. I sat stitching this morning and moving right along gently putting the cat down a dozen times at least in between stitches. I turn back to my stitching and look at the pattern, and look at what I stitched. I was lost. Not only lost mind you of all places I am stitching her nose. So the nostrils are flaring, and I keep thinking I went up a few rows to far so I sat and counted ALL the rows. Finally figured out I had not done anything wrong as far as rows. Still could not figure out what I had done wrong So I decided to corner my mistake, So I went up a few rows and come across and down. The more that I looked at it the more I was not seeing a mistake. It looked good on Aida but did not match the pattern. Now WHY would stupid be looking on the aida for the mistake? It turned out now remember I said I was gently putting the cat down well I was stitching fine but as you would know between the cat and my needle I did not mark my pattern as I stitched. So there you have it lock the cat up when you are cross stitching or else the cat gets blamed for you not marking your pattern right as you stitch! I swear I really do need to get some suction cups for that cats paws when I am stitching!
@ElicBxn (60762)
and this is why I don't often stitch at home (that and the cat fur in the finished piece!)
@marie2052 (3697)
I won't let the cats on my precious cross stitch piece, and if I even remotely see a hair you will see me picking at it til it is OFF! It is so unusually hot here or I would be stitching under the trees at the bay on the military post.
@ElicBxn (60762)
It seems to always be too hot here! or too cold!
@bluespygirl (2112)
I have told you that if I were lost in my counts while stitching a pattern, sometimes I don't want to continue it. But for sure, having no choice left, I would finish it.
@BarBaraPrz (19366)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Ah, the joys of stitching with cats... Their fur adds an extra dimension to the work, don't you think? I see your ranking in this category is slowly going up with all the posts you've been making lately. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to steal away my #1 status...
@marie2052 (3697)
Naw just keep up with me LOL! Come on you can do it!
@daeckardt (6245)
I think that would be very frustrating! I don't have a cat so I don't have to worry about that problem, but I do find that I have a tendency to forget where I am if I haven't stitched in a while. I did work on my project for a few minutes recently, but it still doesn't happen every day. One of these days I might get my time management under control. Have a great day!!!