have you published an ebook?

@vegegirl (828)
Australia
Have you published an ebook on amazon.com yet or anywhere else? Did you give it to them in kindle format? What price did you list it at? Have any of your ebooks been sold yet? If so, how many have you sold? Do you think this is an exciting way of getting a story published, it looks like most people can publish a book there, you don't need to get signed up by a publishing company.
@picjim (3003)
I haven't published any book.I am interested in publishing an e.book on Amazon.com.Where could i know more on how to get started,the format and topics which are much sought after?After publishing,how are we informed of the number of copies sold?What are the terms of payment?And what could be the basis of paying us?
@vegegirl (828)
You can find a lot of this information at Amazon. They publish ebooks for the kindle which takes .mobi format. But they will receive books in word, epub and some other formats. You can also donwload a free program from them to format into .mobi format. You can list the books on their ebook site and they keep a tally of the sales etc. I have read that someone made more money for their books they listed at 99c than for books they were selling for $3.99. Amazon will give you a percentage of sales, after deducting their expenses. Go and have a look at Amazon.com and follow the links to epublishing with them.
@picjim (3003)
Thank you.I'll definitely visit Amazon.com and follow the links to epublishing.You've definitely given me a useful lead.Your tips regarding pricing and format are very much appreciated.