Holy Bible

People all over the world and over the years have read the Holy Bible and have gained food for the soul . Even non-christians have much interest in and respect for the Holy Bible . For some it is just a pleasure to read and get spiritually uplifted while some have experienced drastic changes in their life and living by reading the holy words of the Bible . Would appreciate feedbacks from my valued members here of how The Bible appealed to them and which parts of the Bible made an important impact on their minds , thinking and living . Non-Christians are welcomed as well to participate and share their views if they are in any way influenced by the redaing of the Bible .
@Harmonics (251)
It is really important to read and apply what the bible say much in the same way that we eat regularly to keep our body nourished and healthy. Personally, I've read it five times from the first book to the last and I let it influence my thinking. Many people scoff or doesn't believe with what the bible says but then that's their opinion. After all, the value of it's content doesn't depend on the swaying opinion of men.
Thank you so much for your comment Harmonics . I absolutely agree with you that the worth of the Bible doesn't depend on the changing opinions of people . It has been an all time favourite book and best seller throughout the world . It is a nourishment of the soul as we eat to nurture our body . Each reading gives us a new revelation . But you are right to believe in it and applying what it says can bring about true change in our life and living .
I am really glad that despite the lack of appreciation for spiritual things of many people, you are one of those who take time to read or ponder on what the bible says. A lot of mankind's woes are because of not heeding the bible. Its ironic that many people would take time to read the instruction manual of their newly bought gadget or appliance but wouldn't take time God's instruction manual, as it were, for humans. Humans were not designed by God to live without spiritual guidance much in the same way that we can't live if we don't eat and drink to nourish our physical body. :-)
Thanks Harmonics .You are right ,people have become so materialistic these days that they hardly get time or rather ignore the importance of spiritual books like the Bible for the enrichment of their soul . You are right the world is suffering because of this reluctance to accept the superiority of the God's words and guidelines as embedded in the Bible. Hope and pray that they realise it sooner or later and make their life more happy and meaningful .
I grow up reading the bible so the bible its self, made and makes an impact on my life day to day. i read it to understand and learn about God more. he is the reason i am live today. when i read it i feel at peace knowing that God has everything under control and that i dont have to worry about it. for i am just a man and i have no power but the god that made the heavens and earth can handle my small problems. i think him everyday for sending his son to save me so that i can be with him forever. John 3:16 God so loved that world that he gave is one and only son for who ever believes in him will not parish but have every lasting life.. i hope i answered your question. God bless.
Thank you so much artisteye for your loving response . Your views about God and the Bible are so clear and reasoned . God had given the greatest gift to us by sending His beloved son who sacrificed His life for us . We are so blessed . Your are absolutely right . The very feeling of having God always with us and taking care of us makes us so fearless and secured . I personally believe in every word that Jesus assured us in the Bible . I have seen miracles happen in my life . So how can I forget my Lord ? He is with me always . I feel His presence all the time .As it is said in John 11:40 Do not be afraid , "Did not I tell you that if you believed ,you would see the glory of God ?" So our faith and trust in Him is what is sought , rest is in His hand ....So you can rest in the arms of Jesus , He will never let you down . God bless you !