A lesson we all seem to forget.

@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I think often times a lot of us try to please other people. We do things that we feel another person would want us to do, or to get the attention of another person. We aren't true to ourselves and our beliefs because we don't want to offend, we don't want to start a conflict, or we don't want to be hated, or feel sorrow or disappointed at ourselves because that person didn't agree with us. I do this even online, no matter that you all are just people online. I am a Christian, I've had a journey to get here, but I am sure not as big as other's journey's. I've been atheist, agnostic, a spiritual person, but if I was quite honest with myself I just played around with those religions or lack there of, because others were doing it too. it was the "cool" thing to do. Now I am a Christian, whether I broadcast it or not, I am. I believe heavily that God has helped me recently and I thank him everynight and pray that he continues to help me on something I feel he is helping me a great deal with. However, I don't tell anyone here about it, I don't even mention my religious beliefs. I feel guilty that I don't. After all, I feel like I am Denying God before everyone. So here I am saying I am proud of being a Christian, I am proud of my religious beliefs, and I am proud of what I am doing for myself, with my life. I guess the whole point of this discussion is don't be afraid of what people might think, don't be afraid of anything you truly believe in. BE who you are, not who others want you to be. Those who truly matter will stay with you or come back to you. A friend's favorite quote is "Don't be afraid you're life will end, be afraid it will never begin. What do you think about this quote and this post?
I don't think being a christian has anything to do with being a people pleaser. I am glad you are proud of your religious views. I am an agnostic and am proud of my views as well. I think the quote has alot to say. People need to stand up for who they are communicate it to others. I like the qoute that goes: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
• Marion, Kansas
Hi, Celtic, I think I need to be that woman, but I sometimes fail.
Me too! We all soften at some points. Haha
@bounce58 (17524)
I am glad that you are professing it. Specially now that there has been some 'good things' happening to your life. Like you, I have my religious beliefs. And I also don't broadcast is as I don't like imposing my will and beliefs to other people. But I like it when good things happen to people and they attribute it to their faith.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
Bounce, I sure know it wasn't just me. I was so lazy, hardly did anything. I guess the biggest thing I did was walk to an interview (the one where I now have a job at) and even then a friend kind of made me realize I should do it... so can't say it was me at all! I am glad things are looking up for me, but I also know while I'm helping myself, God is too. I respect others beliefs, but like you, I enjoy seeing when people attribute their successes not just to themselves, but to their God as well.
• Marion, Kansas
I think we do not have to beat people up with our particular belief system, but it is important if we are asked not to deny it. It is important to live our life in a way that does not contradict our faith. Another way to say that is that we need to have integrity. Your quote is correct, because fear is a great way to become paralyzed. I also am reminded of a quote that simply says that "I want to live my life in such a way that if I was accused in court of being a Christian there would be enough evidence to convict me." Be kind, be true, love God and love your neighbor. You will go far.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
In life, sometimes we have times that test our faith. I've had those in the past, but no longer. I don't like those who try to beat us up with their belief system, but I respect those who will talk about it but not try to "convert" us. I believe that we all have to walk the path on our own, get answers when we need them, but to decide truly for ourselves. I think I've come to that a few years back, I'm a Christian and proud of it. Even if I don't proclaim it, I do pray and almost every night, even when I'm exhausted. I've heard that quote before, or something very similar. It's a nice quote and really says a lot. I believe it's saying, "love thy neighbor", be kind, be true.
@bobmnu (8160)
What if binging joy and happeness to others is what I like to do. Am I not being true to myself?