did you ever lose faith/hope in something/someone?

@chiyosan (29388)
So, did you? how and why did you lose your hope in this person - was it because you were always dissapointed at him/her and that he/she has never changed a bit? Also, did you ever lose hope on any of your dreams, on any of the things you were hoping for a very very long time? Please share with us. thank you!
@se7enthbird (8328)
my mother is half paralyze for 4 years now. she got this when her blood sugar and blood pressure shoots up. when she was paralyze the doctors told her the 6 months of therapy and massages will bring her back to shape. she dont like. what she likes is to leave her alone. no therapy no massages. after two years she decided to have the therapy, although the doctor said that this will be much more painful for her limbs are used to not moving... we tried. but after two sessions she said she wont do any therapy because it was too much pain. i am very disappointed. we did not lose hope for her, but she lose hope on herself. it hurts me to see her like this and she is only 55. she as paralyze when she was 51.
@chiyosan (29388)
se7enthbird,that is sad to hear, im sorry your mom is not trying to help herself get through this. I am sure the pain she is feeling is really more than she or we could bear, but maybe... you and your siblings can push her instead by slowly bringing in someone to be with her all the time, like hir a massage therapist - this way, her limbs will be massaged and will be soothe. i am sure this would have a big impact- everyday of doing it can change her too... im sure she is going through a difficult stage right now and that she needs to feel the positivity of the people around her...
we've done every possible thing that there is. we also hired a therapist that will go at her house to do the massages that you were saying and all she did was curse. sometimes we still need to pay for the therapist even she did nothing for my mother was only cursing her. i know that this is very difficult for her but all we did was to help her. all we did is to make her feel that she is important and we need her. it is painful for us for other people thinks we are not encouraging and helping our mother. well, people do judge. but our help can only turn into magic if she will help herself as well. sad and painful.
@veedee13 (242)
Yes.It sucks too admit but I have.He put me down so bad that I lost faith in him.I was so disappointed because he did such a thing to me.But I guess it's life and we gotta move on
@chiyosan (29388)
thanks veedee, you are right, yes we have to move on and we just have to accept the fact that things happen and it can get ugly.. but good thing is that we can always choose to move on and leave the bad things, the disappointments behind.
@ladym33 (11009)
I have actually. I actually lost faith in a couple of people, but I have gotten it back on one of them. The other I am still having trouble with his behavior. He is family and his behavior has never been perfect. He has always insulted people and gotten angry at family gatherings and such, but everyone was used to that and pretty much shrugged it off. However, he physically attacked one of our friends at a get together at our house, because of something that person's child did to his kid. The man was not even aware of what had happened as the kids were in my son's room and we the adults were out on the patio. Had this man known what his son had done he would have disciplined him, but instead this person I have lost faith in just went out and attacked this man. Then he got mad at us because we would not stop being friends with this man. My husband and everyone else who was there thought that it was this relative who I have lost faith in that was to blame for the whole thing. He wouldn't talk to us after that, and didn't come to Thanksgiving or Christmas. He is starting to come around again, but he never stays at any function from any one in the family for more than an hour. I am having a really hard time getting over what he did. I am a very forgiving person, but he continues to behave like a jerk and doesn't even realize that what he did was wrong.
@chiyosan (29388)
thank you for sharing this with us ladym. Well we cannot control people, moreso if they are adults of course, and we sure know they should already be aware of what the right thingis. sometimes though parents can get irrational when it comes to their kids. Maybe since he is already starting to be seen and attend your parties again, maybe all of you can give him a chance and approach him and also talk to him and finally end the awkward moments when you see each other. Im sure he is also willing to patch things up already... (i hope)
@secretbear (19472)
Hi chiyosan! I remember when I was working in our regional office. Me and my friends/co-workers were being bullied by someone in the higher-ups. She was spreading rumors about us and I didn't really learn the reason why. I guess she was enjoying her power. Anyway, I was under the big boss and my only consolation then was that she didn't immediately believe in rumors. But in the last final straw, she had a heart to heart talked with me during which I could only think about how I was really disappointed at her for listening to the rumors and deciding that I should be transferred to another division. Although I still respect her until now, I can't remember that day, how I've felt and how I lost faith in her.
@chiyosan (29388)
that is just so sad, when people we look up to becomes the very person who would not seem to decide and think logically. but you know better now, secretbear. I am sure you already have learned to be careful already.. you do not know who your enemies are in your organization, you would not know who are out there to destroy you, and well who will be on your side or not. thank you for sharing!
@surekharathi (14134)
I will never loose hope because I am a positive thinking women and I know if today I am facing some problem it means some thing will better in future so I trust on God and never loose hope. Because today is bad means future will good if believed on God and our efforts.
@chiyosan (29388)
Great to see you in the discussion! I hope to see you around, thanks for your response and see you around the site, have a nice day! =)
@neildc (17268)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
hi. i just read and responded to one discussion about land owners. i said it's one of my dreams to be one, to have a land and a house of my own. it remains a dream as of this time but i do not lose hope.
@chiyosan (29388)
i'd say, go for it neil.. =) don't lose hope and you will soon see that you have already realized your dreams.
I think I will be losing hope about my sister's personality. I sometimes think of giving up on her. It is just that she's very difficult to change. She always give me problems and headaches. When will she ever change??? I don't have any idea how would i let her realize that life is not always easy. I do have difficult times and she isn't helping instead she's adding burden to me. I just pray to God about her. I am running out of patience and I'm losing hope in her. I dont' know how would i help her about her future if she herself not helping herself.
@chiyosan (29388)
@sender621 (14956)
I think that we all lose faith or hope in something or someone in our lives. It does not mean that we don't care. we should not give up even when it does seem hopeless. that is a true test of our commitment or faith.
@chiyosan (29388)
i agree with you, maybe even children have somehow lost faith in something too, moreso us adults who may already have experienced allsorts of people, etc. we should be grounded though, so as not to keep ourselves wondering, but we should keep our eyes straight on the goal.. =)
@alquizar (480)
I never wanted to lose hope or faith on everything that I will do in life because I always believe on everything that I do in life.That I can make it in my own effort and sacrifices.But sometimes I get dissapointed to the things that should be done because I was not able to make it or It did not happen as what I expected.
@chiyosan (29388)
we all do not want to lose faith in everything or at someone. of course its the least we want to be happening! Great to see you in the discussion! I hope to see you around, thanks for your response and see you around the site, have a nice day! =)