Do you think big cities contribute to a person's being withdrawn and isolating?

I think that big cities can have this kind of affect. It's interesting to see that there are so many people in big cities but yet everyone tends to go and do things in a rush. Not to many people smile at one another or say a greeting. I feel these things can cause a person to be withdrawn and to isolate themselves more. Different individuals and work in the same office building and not really know others that they work with or care to learn about others. What are your thoughts on big cities and living in them?
@alquizar (480)
Yes,I also observed that people living in big cities are so busy focusing with their work and no time for their self because they are always in a rush to things that needs to be done in their work so that they can earn money to sustain their self and families needs.
Everyone usually is very busy. There are so many things that need to be done throughout the day. Sometimes I feel like I wish their were more hours in a day. People in cities seem to have to hurry more often. With commuting to and from work and all that's involved in city life. There's much that can contribute to the rush that we face. I hope that more people take time to relax and spend time with others. It's not always easy but for important things like this we have to make the time and not isolate ourselves from others because of all the things that need to be done.
Hi Dominique25, Yes, i observed that also. In big cities, everybody is in a hurry to go to work or conduct business that they have little time for relaxation. Everybody seem focused on his own life.
I think that not having time to relax like you mentioned isn't good for a person's health. We all need to be able to relax. Rushing all the time leads to a lot of anxiety and before a person realizes it they may have rushed their life away. So it's important to take time and smell the roses as they say. Even people who live in big cities have to find little ways to relax throughout their day.