Had a movie day!

@o2bnocn (2895)
In case you didn't know I am a big movie lover! One of my favorite things to do is to relax and watch a movie. From time to time I sign up for blockbuster by mail where you can rent movies through the mailbox. I know what your thinking, That Netflix is better. I disagree. I can rent the newest releases through Blockbuster a lot easier than through Netflix. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it. I don't care that Netflix is instant on your television. I would much rather watch new releases rather than the movie be instant. Oh and by the way you can also rent wii games with your monthly subscription to blockbuster by mail. So I signed up for Blockbuster and had three movies. I rented Arthur, The fighter, and Going the distance. I watched all three in one day. I did have to take a break and do something to get myself off the bed but I still watched all three in one day. I wanted to watch all three because I haven't been watching movies because I have been so busy. So it felt good to have a relaxing day and movie day. Arthur was alright, I wish they would have changed the movie more. I know it was a remake from the old Arthur movie but I think the movie would have been better if they would have changed it up a bit. They didn't really change a lot except for the fact that there were new actors. The fighter was good but not what I expected. I enjoyed going the distance but it made me sad because I am newly single and it made me miss the time that I had a boyfriend. So it made me more lonely than anything. I don't know if it is a good idea for me to continue to watch romantic movies or movies about relationships. So I will watch a few more and see if it still upsets me. I might just not watch as many as those of other types of movies. I would probably rather watch another type of movie anyway. I don't generally like those type of movies except for those ones that are so good you hate to not watch them. For example the notebook, a walk to remember, the ones that are talked a lot about.
@sagnik42 (3598)
Hi o2bnocn, I also love watching movies. I watch movies whenever I have time to spare. Unlike you, I download most of my movies and have a huge backlog. I have to get back to them one by one. Watching 3 movies in a day is a great achievement. I have had a few such days. I have not seen Arthur, but have seen the other two. I liked both The Fighter and Going the Distance. I would agree with you, that watching a romantic comedy right after a break up isn't the best option. All those emotions come rushing back and you just end up being more miserable than you actually were. If I were you, I would turn my attention to dramas, biographies, action (if you've got the taste for it), horror(not something I enjoy), thrillers. There are so many good movies and the more I see, the more I want to see.
@o2bnocn (2895)
I don't really like biographies or thrillers. I will watch horror from time to time but not that often. I really enjoy comedy and drama the most. I am a big movie lover and love my movies and movie days! Movie Days are amazing! I give them three thumbs up!
@sagnik42 (3598)
It is very apparent, that you are big movie fan. Otherwise it would have been hard for a normal person to sit through 3 different kinds of movies on a single day. Thank you for the BR.
@ladym33 (11008)
I watched two movies last night myself. I watch Date Night and was surprised that I actually laughed out loud a couple of times. I also watched Burlesque. I really enjoyed it. It had a lot of good singing and dancing the and story was decent. I think it is the kind of movie that is more fun to watch at home than in the theater though. My daughter and I also went and saw the Glee movie during the day yesterday too.
@o2bnocn (2895)
I really enjoyed Date Night. It was better than I expected. I also don't think the movie got the credit that it deserved.
I love movies. Of course, I can tend to be very picky about what I watch. I will never watch movies based on video games (because they all stink, Uwe Boll needs a reality check), I am not big into romantic comedies (most of them are the same anyway), and I won't watch a movie with an actor or actress that I really don't like. Netflix is a really great place to get movies. Most all Blockbusters, at least in my area, are going out of business, so I have to go elsewhere. I often times just buy the DVD when it is on sale or I get discount tickets from my buddies to go to the movie theaters.
@o2bnocn (2895)
That's good.
@louie847 (350)
I also love to watch movies. Especially watching it on the big screen. I mean in a movie theater. But I know its expensive and going to drain my money just watching movies. I am just at home i watch movies online. I know its a lot different that watching it on big screen because of the quality of the movie and it takes time to load up if I am streaming. Anyway, movies are enjoyable to watch if it makes sense and if it levels up to our expectations.
@o2bnocn (2895)
I agree with you. It is expensive now to watch movies at a theatre. I don't go to the theatre anymore because of this. I just rent them at home and watch movies in the comfort of my bed. It would costs me the same amount of money to go see two movies in a theater where I could rent a whole lot through blockbuster at home. It just doesn't make any sense.
@QeeGood (1214)
• Sweden
It's good to have a movie day. I once and a while watch movies for get out from the reality world for a certain amount of time. It's relaxing to become a part of the film. At least that's how I am, when watching a movie I get into the happening emotionally. I lately watched 'Wives and Daughters' by Elizabeth Gaskell. It was a good one. Have a wonderful day!
@o2bnocn (2895)
I will have to watch that movie I haven't seen it. I am always looking for a new movie to watch, even if I have twenty that I know I want to watch. There could not be enough movies is how I feel!
@Triple0 (1907)
I always have a movie day with just myself when school finishes and the school holidays hit. When my holidays start, I would go to blockbuster or civic video and rent 3 movies which I'll probably watch in a day. I rent a 3D movie too and watch with my 3D glasses with the lights turned off. Movie days are awesome! Nothing beats a good movie with home made popcorn right next to you. Movie days at friends are fun too, especially scary movies.
@o2bnocn (2895)
I agree movie days can be a lot of fun with friends. They can also be a lot of fun alone also. I have had movie days with my best friend and I have a lot of movie days alone also.
Nothing like a good movie day and I usually have at least one a month, usually a Sunday where I work through all the movies I have recorded off TV to watch, which often means a movie day for me can be 6 sometimes 7 movies. I use to do it and watch a whole series of movies such as all the Jaws or Lethal Weapon movies but found by the time you are at the last one you are a bit bored by another similar movies so now it’s a variety of movies from rom-coms through to horror.
@o2bnocn (2895)
I have watched movie marathons before but usually I would rather have a variety like you said. I like movie marathons when they come on television. When I rent movies I would rather rent the new releases.
@lilybug (21148)
I have not had a movie day in a long time. I have seen 2 of the movies that you mentioned. I like Arthur, but I had not seen the original one so I didn't know how similar it was. I love Russell Brand though, so any movie with him in it I like. Going the Distance was a good movie. I do love a good sappy romantic movie. Romantic comedies are the best.
@o2bnocn (2895)
Well I am the opposite of you. I would rather not watch a romantic comedy. Occasionally those are good but not all the time. I am glad you liked Arthur. You should see the original, I highly recommend it. Then you will see how much they are similar. I really like Russel Brand but I have to admit I prefer the original. I don't think they are going to make the original any better. "I fell out of the car, Hopson" When you watch it you will understand.