4 in the bed...

Last night I was tired so went to bed early. My 2 older children (daughter 6, son 4) got in the bed with me. My daughter was telling us stories, and my son fell asleep. I fell asleep soon after with him in my arms. My partner woke me when he was trying to get into bed, we hadn't left any space, lol. 5 minutes later our daughter came in so we made a little more room for her. The only one missing was the baby! At 3am I woke and went downstairs for some water, I let my cat in while I was up, and by the time I got back to bed, he had joined the party! There wasn't much room and I was almost falling out of the bed, but looking at them all lying there, I had to smile. The world may be in a mess, but right then, in our little coccoon, my life was absolutely perfect :)
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
Aww reading this put a smile to my face and had a little goosebumpy effect too It must be wonderful to have a family! I've read so many discussions here about family and their babies and so on and that makes me kinda jealous. I can't wait to find my partner and start something wonderful too
It really is wonderful, especially when you meet the right person and settle down and start a family for the right reasons. Unfortunately, I know people that have rushed into things, because they wanted a family, and later they found out they had made a big mistake in the partner they had chosen. It is better to wait and make sure you have found the right person to start a family with, because then it will be even better than you can imagine!
• South Korea
Hey thanks a lot for the advices. I'll keep them in mind
Those are moments to cherish, because they grow up and pull away far too quickly! I remember my oldest daughter crawling into bed with her father and I when we had really bad thunder and lightening storms or when the power would go out in the winter and we would have no heat. It used to bother him, except when the heat went out as even he realized that she needed the extra warmth, but I enjoyed it. I am also cherishing the times that my little one falls asleep in my arms. I know that in a few years she will start to be more independent and feel that she is a "big girl" and will not want to cuddle with Mommy as much as she does right now, and that really makes me sad. Fortunately, she has not reached that stage yet, so I am enjoying right now as much as I can.
My eldest daughter went through a phase of "no kisses" a year or so ago, but thankfully she's a Mama's girl again - for now!
Oh yes, I know all too well the "no kisses" phase. Unfortunately my eldest daughter has reached the "no cuddling with Mommy" phase ... well actually she reached it several years ago ... and will not revert back again unless something really bad happens and she needs Mommy to comfort her as only Mommies can do.
I got to "no cuddles with Daddy" around age 14, but for reasons I can't disclose. He was male, put it that way. I still haven't got back to being able to cuddle my dad
Neither of my kids come into the bed with us anymore. There are times that Paul will come into the bedroom, but he will collapse of the floor by my side of the bed and there are a lot of times that I will accidentally step on him when I am getting out of bed to go to the bathroom. I sometimes miss sleeping with the kids, but I also have to realize the fact that they are growing up and will someday be adults.
I know they'll grow up and not need me any more (I'm already dreading empty nest syndrome!) but for now, they want to cuddle with Mummy, and I'm not going to try to stop them :)