Do you ever feel excited about a new store in town..

There is a new thrift store opened in my town. I want so bad to go there to see if they have clothes i could use. I am so looking forward to my check this week. I am going to look for some pants being I only have two pairs that fit me. One was given to me last night and the other I forgot where I got them. I love thrift stores a lot plus I want to know if she does consignment.
@CTHanum (8254)
Yes I always check and pay visit to any new stores to see whether I can get my things there or not. Thrift shops and bakeries will be among those shops that I will get in and take a round or two inside it. For bakeries it is of course the bread and the cakes attract me more to buy them.I don't hesitate to buy them to try the taste!! While I always go to the thrift shops to check the products price of course. Comparing them with other shop and decide the shopping place! (^^)
That will be good to see too. We have a bakery very close to me I think I been inside of it once and bought nothing at all. I hate the thought of gaining weight.
@CTHanum (8254)
Bakery and me suit well but I don't think gifts should buy anything from bakeries since the food mainly from butter and eggs.Thrift shops works best to you!(^^)
It really depends on the store. I don't remember the last time I got excited about a new store in Guelph, but I am a little excited about the Apple store opening in Waterloo, not far from here, because if I need something for my iPhone, I won't have to go all the way to Toronto. On the other hand, Waterloo is the home of Research In Motion (RIM) the inventors of the Blackberry, so having an Apple Store that close is a little unfair to them.
That will be great for you and for the people who need jobs as well.
@hushi22 (4941)
yes, i do! especially when i know that they have opening sales and give aways. in fact, yesterday my bf and i passed by to a new clothes shop and we are so interested to go to their opening sale. we are looking forward to it.
@TenzhoLee (193)
Recently there is new shops opened near my house. I am so excited and wonder what shops will be opened there, Can't wait to know.
@Joe_Black (253)
I love new stores!! It's much more exciting cos they normally have great offers - as they need the customers to come and enjoy the store.. thus ensuring that they will come back in the future. =) Enjoy!! =D
I would love to open up a store n my town. Now that would make for some great shopping experience for it would be a $10 or less store.
Our street here in the Philippines is almost compose of residences and stores (ie like small convenience stores or food stores) then recently, a small burger joint was opened. IT was a hit and I am glad that convenience is within my reach so that I don't have to go to a far place to buy something to eat since it's opened 24/7. So yes. If I know there's a new store opening near in our place, I will be very excited.
That is cool to have a burger joint near your home. we have one near us but the neighborhood trash hangs out there so I don't shop there.
@Shar19 (8236)
I would get excited to over a new thrift store. You can get so many good items that are of really good quality. I love to shop for bargains. We just had a Five Below store open up last week so that was pretty exciting for me and my kids.
I would like one of those in my area as well. I would rack up on stuff for the holiday.
@fantabulus (4005)
Yes friend I feel excited if any new store is open in my town and I am interested to go there and purchase something.
Welcome to mylot fan,I hope you enjoy yourself here.
@catof1 (683)
I am addicted to re-sale shops or as you call them thrift stores. You can find everything there! My favorite ones have bookoo amounts of clothes plus electronic and furniture. We bought our jean couch by Cindy Crawford for 15 dollars and there was nothing wrong with it at all. It even has a ottoman too! Next on the list; lamps and a tv! Can not wait. They just opened up a new salvation army store near us and I can not wait to go.
The salvation army wanted to charge me $200 for a couch when I first moved in my place. I looked around and found a new one they had for $80. I did not like it after while because it is blue plaid and I had to make my blue curtains because I was broke. but I bought the blue sheet there as well. The couch is comfy to sleep on but I got tired of the color. there is not much you can use to decorate with a checker board couch. LOL. They are very expensive where I live. But honey when they have those sales they can't be beat.
@yogeshdhusa (2237)
yes even i get exited and i am exited for a new store which is going to open soon in my town and in my area. its the biggest in the town. I think half the stores are ready to open but still taking time. hope it brings lot of new variety and lot of discount.
Yes I will also go see if they are looking for workers.
@amkiller (533)
i was really exited about this sports shop i really wanted to go and check it and it was even fun and brought some stuff for a very cheap price cause the shop was new,do you hate it when shops have to close down forever
Yes we go through that as well once we get to know the shop too. I am hoping this one stays because it is rather close and I hope the prices are just right.
hi gifts. yeah, i feel this way as well when i see that a new store opens near my vicinity. just last week a thrift store opened right across the street and i was able to purchase a shirt. they have an inventory of shoes but they haven't put these in display yet. i'll probably go there tomorrow to check out the shoes they have. another store, this one much farther down the road also recently opened. it is a japanese surplus shop and what got me curious in going to this shop was their display of surfboards in the front. granted that surfboards aren't made in japan, i think this shop carries more than just japanese made products. i'll probably go there tomorrow as well. if i do get to buy something from any of these two shops, i'll update this thread.
hi gifts. so i managed to squeeze some time and visit both thrift shops. in the first one i managed to purchase a shirt. they got a good inventory of shirts, pants, bags, and shoes but nothing really caught my fancy except for the shirt that i got. in the second one, the japanese surplus shop, they actually have more than the usual stuff. they also sell furniture, antiques, and appliances. i asked about the surf boards and they were cheap. i'm still thinking if i'll purchase one and use it as a decoration in my room. cheers!!!
@mysdianait (64064)
We have a new store opening here in November, a branch of Morrisons and I am thrilled! I am trying to find a job here and they are recruiting - and I have an interview at the week-end
@mysdianait (64064)
Thank you but (I don't know how to say this ) I have one on Thursday for something else which I would prefer so, can you cross them for that first?
@asliah (11149)
hi, for me, i could only happy when the opening of the store and nothing will follow for that,i am not really excited but a little bit okay because there are stores near to my place and i dont need to go far just to buy what i need.
@chrislotz (8203)
I like thrift stores too but I find these days they charge way too much. My daughter and I noticed one a couple blocks from where we live the other day so we stopped and went inside. I couldn't believe how much clothes was in this store. You could barely move in it, it was so packed with clothes. And the clothes were all really old styled, for women over 60 I would say. And ugly colors. I did find one white blouse that I liked but the price what crazy. It was $22 for a used cotton blouse. I would have paid about $5 for it but that would be the most. So I mentioned this to the woman that was working and she said no way. The least she would accept was $20. I laughed and said I could buy a simular blouse brand new for $15 at Walmart. She said go shop at Walmart. I couldn't believe it. I thought if she is the owner I feel sorry for her because she won't be open for very long. And if she is an employee I feel for the owner because I will never shop there again. I have shopped at a consignment thrift store in a small town close to where I live, I work in that town, and I have gotten some really good deals. I bought a jean jacket a couple months ago for $10 and I would say it was worth $60 brand new and it was in really good shape, like brand new.
@inertia4 (27385)
I like new stores that open myself. Here in Brooklyn, we have tons of those type of stores. You can get some good buys in places like that.
@ladygator (3469)
Yes!! And if its a thrift store thats even better! I was pretty excited about the Aldi store when they were building it and the Plumb Market store. Both on opposite spectrum's regarding pricing. One is an upscale supermarket. Mostly organic foods the other is a really low priced grocery store. You pay a quarter for a cart and bag or box up all your own groceries. Its good to have both right near me.
@xuyxuy (435)
I do feel excited whenever a new store will be opening soon. If I have enough time I would like to check out what's their clothing line up and just like you I will also get excited on trying the clothes on that could fit me. But of course I have to choose the not so expensive ones, just enough to fit in my budget.
@secretbear (19466)
Hi! I also like checking out new stores especially thrift stores! It's always fun to go to sales. Last time there was a new stall that opened in our local mall. I couldn't avoid but check it out and see if I could buy a blouse or a tee. There was a black evening blouse that I liked but I felt I wouldn't be able to use it so I didn't buy it.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Yes, whenever there is any new store coming in my area, i will tends to give it a visit and see if there is anything that suits me. I like to visit new store since sometimes i get the chance to buy things that i can't find in other store. For example, i got one very beautiful blouse recently from one new store in my area. Even the price is reasonable, that's why i buy it. I really feel happy with that new store and always visit that store whenever i am free.