This is just plain stupid! It is funny though.

@free_man (7337)
I don't know but don't think I would have called the police. Might would have made me think though. This woman not sure where she lives but this woman lives alone, she came home and her remote was missing, she looks but can't find it. She thinks someone was in her home she called the law to report being broken into. The police come to her home to help her find her remote.....LOL The police don't find the remote but the lady does find it. She told them that she lives alone and everything has a place and it is always in it's place. Would you call the law to help you find your remote?
I do not think that I would have called the police if my remote was missing, but if I lived alone and knew that I always kept it in a specific place, then I would definitely be suspicious. I would probably look to see if there was anything else out of place and/or missing. If there was, that is when I would call the police, even if there were just several things out of place but nothing big that was missing. I know of someone that was ... burglarized is probably not the right word but maybe invaded would be right. She went to work every day, and when she came home things would be "out of place". She had children, so she assumed that they moved them, even though they denied it. When charges started appearing on her phone bill during the time that she was at work, however, she realized there was something else going on. She called the police, and they watched her house. They found out that someone was breaking in during the day while she was at work and the children were at school, and the person was basically living in her house during the day while she was away! It is frightening to think what might have happened if her or the children returned home early one day and surprised the person!
@topffer (33224)
• France
What about a personal code for the phone ? This story will not cure my paranoia about burglars : since I have found a burglar in front of me, I always examine my door before entering at home. I know that some burglars are eating or watching TV during their "work," but living in a house during the day is something new for me : quite an urban legend.
I am not sure that there is a way for a personal code on the phone, especially since this happened many years ago and it was a "land line". I am sorry that I did not help your paranoia about burglars, especially since I do know of your experience in this area more than once. Unfortunately I can assure you that this is not an "urban legend" as I know personally the family that this happened to. I have also seen shows that talk of burglars eating, watching television, showering, and other things during the course of their "work", and in some cases these activities have lead to their being caught and convicted of their crimes.
@topffer (33224)
• France
You forget those who are sleeping at work. I read an article about a burglar falling asleep of exhaustion outside when he was trying to open a door.
@topffer (33224)
• France
Certainly not : police would not appreciate this in my country, and I suppose they would not come. Well in a country where police is more helpful, like UK -- probably not actually --, I believe it is possible. I started a discussion about an old German lady calling the police for the noise made by her neighbors : the noise was coming from her own radio forgotten in her garden, and she had to pay the fine.
LOL! I think that I remember that discussion. Here the police are not necessarily "nice", but I do not think we would have to pay a fine for being absent-minded, especially not the first time it happened. It is better to be safe than sorry ... or at least that is what they tell me.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Topffer. I don't think the law appericiated it either to be called out to find a remote. I don't know but think the lady must have been scared. I won't let anything make me that scared. Hi Purplealabaster. It was funny though. I hope I never get that absent minded. It is better to be safe then sorry.
@stanley777 (7175)
Yes, I think it's funny.Why should someone call the police for help just to look for her remote which she thought was missing.For me I think a missing remote does not cover police works, if valuable items are missing and have proven that there is a break in then it's okay.Maybe the lady have said something are missing in her house that prompt the police to investigate but not her remote that is why the police came to help.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Stanley. She lives alone and when the remote wasn't in the place where she put it she thought that she had been broken into. I don't know if she told the police that her remote was missing or not before they came but the did come and they didn't find it she did. It was funny that she would call them for that though.
@koperty3 (1877)
That is really weird. Some people don't know the duties of Police. Well after riots in UK I have no idea what police duties are too. But I'm sure I will not called them when my remote control is missing. I wish you nice day!
@free_man (7337)
Hi Koperty and welcome to my lot. I thought it was pretty stupid of this woman but it was funny too. I don't know what she was thinking but I would never do what she did. Hope you have a nice day too my friend.
@sswallace21 (1824)
No, they have more important things to do then look for a remote in my home. Like catching true criminals and we know there are plenty out there. I wonder what kind of lecture they gave her. Because she definitely needed the I have better things to do lecture. My remote grows legs everytime I use it. I guess my babies like to have control of what I'm watching. I usually find it under the chair or between the cushions in the couch. Those darn remote theives. They will get you every time. Best Wishes!
@free_man (7337)
Hi Sswallace. I don't know if they gave her that lecture but she needed to hear it anyway. I am like you my remote has legs too I can never find it....LOL But that is because my dear husband moves it all over the living room......LOL Never in the same place......LOL
My husband does the same thing. Of course, I do it too. So I really can't say much.
@free_man (7337)
Me everything has a place and when not in use it should be in that place. My husband leaves things all over the place.....LOL
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh wow, that is weird and no I would not call the law to help me find it..Did she mention where the remote was found? And was it something she did or a visitor?
@free_man (7337)
Hi Carmelanirel. No she didn't mention where she found the remote and no she didn't mention if she had a visitor or not. Found it funny that she would call the law to help her find her remote.
I think it would be embarrassing..I wonder if the police made a comment about her "non-emergency" call???
@free_man (7337)
I would be embarrassed. I don't know if they did or not but they are servants of the people and should be kind to those that need their help.
@choybel (5059)
I wonder what those police felt. Oh well, it's something they would probably be talking about in their office and with their families and buddies.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Choybel. I guess they will have something to laugh about for sometime. It was sort of funny that she would call them to help her find her remote. Me I won't let fear control my life ever thank God I have God on my side and HE will always protect me. Luke 10:18-19 God gives us power over all evil.
@choybel (5059)
I guess paranoia just comes with age. I noticed that the older people get the more paranoid they become, or maybe it's just a developed attitude that has gone worst. It's good to hear that you believe in God's protection.
@free_man (7337)
I think it is more of an attitude rather then age. I am an old woman and am not paranoid about anything. If I caught someone trying to harm me in any way I would beat them up. God is my protection.
@amkiller (533)
no that would just be dum cause you can find it by your self you don't need police or anything this if you are young but if you are old I would call the police because then it can hard to find it if you are old
@free_man (7337)
Hi Amkiller and welcome to my lot. I don't know if I would ever call the law to help me find something hope I never get that old.
@amkiller (533)
lol you won't cause there is so much today you know I mean the technology.
@Amanda81587 (3046)
I have no clue what to think of this. I am sure she was startled to know that if it was not in her place then someone must have been there. I do not think I would have personally called the police but i lose stuff so much and I do not live alone. The only places my stuff has is where ever I left it last and that would be hard to tell for me.
@free_man (7337)
I am sure she was startled but still I wouldn't have called the law to find my remote. I am one that everything has a place and that is where it is when not in use.
@francesca5 (1344)
it sounds a bit paranoid, that she can't find her remote, and thinks she's been burgled. she may have a good reason, from the past, for this overreaction. but its not rational behaviour, and we all have our moments of irrationality, i hope i would never do it, but i can't absolutely guarantee it.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Francesca and welcome to my lot. Don't know what made her do it but bet she felt a little uneasy when she seen it wasn't in the place where she had left it. It is a bit paranoid and hope I never feel that insecure enough to call the law. Don't think I will though I have God on my side and think that I will never let fear scare me enough to call the law over a lost remote.
@derek_a (10902)
Wow! I can't imagine the police were too pleased with being called to find a missing remote! If it happened around here, I think the person would be arrest of wasting police time. Anyway, she found her remote, and I guess it gave the police a story to tell back at the police station. _Derek
@free_man (7337)
Hi Derek_a. Don't know what the police thought but they shared it with the news and it is funny to us anyway. Bet she was scared to not find someting in it's place when she lives alone. Don't know if they arrested her for this but do know it is strange.....LOL
LOL it does sound funny and am sure the woman was freaking out not to have found it where she last left it. No I would not call the police if I could not find the remote as our law enforcement officers are far busier here saving lives. As for the missing remote I would forever be wondering where it went. Hopefully she will find it soon, and for some reason I don't think our officers here would help me to find it.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Hardworkinggurl. Think it was funny too. She found the remote but the law did come out and help her look for it. She thought she had been broken into when the remote wasn't in it's place. Think the law is too busy like you said trying to prevent crimes. But guess she thought she had been broken into.
@bnpraveen (172)
ha ha it is really funny, i think if she lost her pet ,she will report to verternary doctor to find out her pet. ha ha have a great day friend
@free_man (7337)
Hi Bnpraveen and welcome to my lot. I don't know but it sounded funny to me too. Maybe she would report it to the pet doctor.....LOL Hope you have a great day too my friend.
• Marion, Kansas
No, in that situation, I would not have. If other things were out of place or missing, then I might think I had been broken into and call the police.
@free_man (7337)
Hi GG. I just couldn't understand her reasoning. Think it was odd for her to call the law. Oh well we all do stupid things in our lives thought I would just share a laugh with all of you.
@polaris77 (2019)
• Bacau, Romania
This is really weird and I guess that woman is mentally unstable,because a normal person wouldn't call the police for a remote if that was the only thing missing from the house.I'm sure the policemen who investigated this case didn't find it very funny,but they had to do their job anyway.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Polaris. Thank God they did find it funny. I don't know what the mental state of the woman is. But they did come out and didn't find the remote the lady found it some time after they had gone. I don't know why she would have called the law over a remote but she lives alone and I guess it scared her.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
OMG never would I call law inforcement because my remote was missing. I hope the police found it funny too! That is so crazy. I could see if other things were not in its place or missing but just the remote. I guess she was old and the police took pity on her. Especially living alone people especially elderly can get a bit parnoid over things.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Lelin. I think they found it funny and took pitty on her. I don't know how old she was. I wouldn't have called the law unless I seen I was missing a lot more then the remote.
@zoey7879 (3104)
LMAO I definitely wouldn't worry about something as trivial as a misplaced remote, especially without other evidence supporting that the home had been broken into. Some places would have laughed at her or arrested her for filing a report on that basis, but at least they kept cool about it. My favorite two things like this would have to be the lady that called 911 when she was missing a sandwich from her order at McDonald's and the police officer who called 911 when he started tripping b@ll$ after he'd eaten a hash brownie! LMAO!
@free_man (7337)
Hi Zoey. I wouldn't have called the police if my remote was missing either. Did that really happen? The woman calling 911 because of a missng sandwhich? And the police officer ate a hash brownie? That must have been one hell of a trip......LOL
Funny that the police did not ask in more details of the situation. Like maam did you find anything missing or anyother clue. They both the same level.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Acrossnation and welcome to my lot. I don't know if they asked her that or not. Just found this kind of odd and wanted to share it with all. LOL
@rhane7315 (5673)
that's pretty stupid and shameful lol if i can't find my remote i'll just manually change the channel of my tv and then i'll buy a new one (remote). i know it would cost me when buying a new remote but at least it won't make me feel ashamed
@free_man (7337)
Hi Rhane. It is shameful that she would let fear take that much control of her life. Me like you would have just brought a new remote and that would have been the end of it. Guess that woman didn't believe in God enough to keep her safe from all harm and evil.