The skin doctor

@savypat (20247)
Today I went to see the Dermatolgist, or skin Doctor. I have been wearing my hide for 70 years which include 50 years of desert living, out in the sun day after day, there was no such thing as sun screen in those days. I have endured several bad Sun burns. All of these previous actions cause me to be careful with my skin. I got a good report, but he didn't let me go with out freezing a couple of dozen spots here and there, to help prevent cancerous growth. it's not pleasent but I am always relieved when he doesn't find something to cut out and send to the lab. I have been very lucky so far, I suggest that all of you consider a visit to the skin doctor once in a while, even you dark skinned folks. It's so much easier to catch skin cancer early rather than late. Blessings
@louievill (18429)
Hello pat, nice to know you got a clean bill of health when it comes to what you referred to as your hide, wow 50 years of desert living, we do not have deserts here so I have no idea hot hot it could get but I just know what hot is living in a hot tropical country. I think vitamin E is good skin support to give it it's young and youthful glow. I also have aloe vera plants that I apply to my mild sunburns. Yes nothing to lose if we all have a skin check up once in a while.
@paula27661 (15899)
Great news about your skin! I am very aware of the dangers of too much sun because my father in law and my sister’s mother in law both have to have skin cancers cut out of their faces on a regular basis and both of them have nasty scars to prove it. I recall a friend of mine years ago had a mole removed from his back which ended up being cancerous; he was very lucky to get checked out and have it removed before its roots grew deeper and possibly spread. Regular checks and lots of sunscreen is my advice. Glad you’re all okay.
@tigeraunt (6331)
hi pat, aint it nice to get good news from here? am happy about what you said here. it is really best to try visit doctors and have examinations on a regular basis. its one way of knowing.. and also, you may call it prevention. ann
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi savypat, Happy to know that the doctor didn't find anything seriously wrong and I agree that everyone should have regular checkups, although we've seen very little sun this year. I would love some warmer weather but not too hot. Blessings.
@jillhill (37384)
I have been lucky so far and good for you too. My friend and her hubby have had tons cut off...he worked outside for a living...she tanned too much. Now they are paying the price!
@lilybug (21148)
I have fair skin and freckles, so I burn pretty easily. I don't spend a whole lot of time out in the sun though. I am glad that you have been proactive about it and gotten things checked out before they become major issues.
CONGRATULATIONS to you Savypat!! Its nice to know all is fine and dandy and yes its a good idea to go visit once in a while. I do have a dermatologist that I love. She's no spring chicken anymore and she's so popular that she cant retire either. When you go see her, you need to bring your own chair or sit on the floor. Its worth it, she's really good and in favor of natural products. She's the one told me to NOT take Advil, that it should be taken off the market. I knew she was right because I saw what nearly happened to my brother, to a friend of mine and to my SIL. All because they were taking Advil......so my word of advice to you would be not to take it.....no Ibuprofen at all if you can help it.