Can you teach old dogs new tricks?

@Mysteria (209)
Everyone of us is unique in our own ways,Sometimes those differences are so disturbing that we couldn't stand to watch it anymore.So we try to analyze the other person and try to look for ourselves in that person and if we don't see ourselves we ended up changing them. In my life, I would say I have always seen this, I tried my best not to mind it, but I wanted to somehow influence them and change them. But because it was a part of their lives. like they grew up in that environment, deal with that kind of situation and people, or even act those thingies it is so hard for me to change them.Oh well, a bonie and a piece of meat can't fix them. eventually they will return being an old dog who can't keep up with the training. any experience to share?
So true. Then one person told me, why do you wanna change him when it stresses you too much. If he refused to change, then let him be and find a new friend you can get along with. If a bony and a piece of meat doesn't work, try giving them training biscuits instead! Just kidding. I know how it could be annoying but i just realized i have no obligation anymore. I'm not their parents. Let them be. Yes i can be mean, but that's me!
@Mysteria (209)
jeje that was a very funny joke right there, Thankies for the reply. Well, the point is I can't find anyone to replace my friend. That makes him very a lucky person because I stick around though I know we have too much differences.
Well that friend should be thankful to have you.
@megamatt (14333)
Depends on the old dog and depends on the trick. There are times where old age is really not a behavior. Those people are reading and willing to amend their ways until the point where the last breath is drawn from their body. Then there are a lot of people or even dogs, who when they get to a certain point, they might be perceptive to things. Then there are those who really you cannot change. No matter what. There are just people who are extremely stubborn and refusing to really change for any reason whatsoever. There are just times where change does not come easy. Times where you can teach an old dog new tricks, or you might be able to teach an old dog some tricks. But other times, you might as well not try at all. Again it depends on the old dog and the trick.
@Mysteria (209)
hmmph well life tricks lets say decency or not to make themselves look cheap in the eyes of other people. That is one essential thingies I want my friends to improve or enhance but eventhough I induced training still there is no guarantee that they will do well or they will not quit or give in from that training.
@se7enthbird (8328)
welcome to the wonderful world of mylot mysteria. i guess i would have faith with dogs har har har,it is proven at MYTH BUSTER that old dogs can be taught new tricks, and surprisingly human cant. but for me changing is within. you can not tell people to change. they have to have courage to face the wrong things that they are doing, accept that it is wrong then embrace the power that they can change. some people has no courage to face it, so how can they change. i can say that there are people who change because they learn from passed experiences and some just dont learn and very childish to accept that they are wrong. you cant fix them, they have to be matured enough to embrace change.
@Mysteria (209)
Thankies se7enthbird, Oh well your right dogs can be trained, but I just used dog as a metaphor to human in this post,Over the years I finally realize that old dogs can't be trained or change. Because they can't afford to waste what they have already started or what they are already used to do.