I need to get my car fixed again

I took my car to the nearly shop for oil change today, and you know what, another suggested service from the mechanic just troubles me. The mechanic took me to look at the radiator section, and he indicated there is might be a crack, and it is like an emergency situation that I should pay attention to it. The total price for it is over $300. Gosh, I just couldn't afford it now. I don't know I should get it done right now or not. I might have to wait until Saturday, since my paycheck haven't came yet. On the review sheet of my car total performance, they also suggest me to get 4 struts done, which cost over $800 total. I am not that rich, and my car is old. But I might get the radiator done it seems immediate urgent, and the struts later on. Gosh, money and money just gone like that. flowing out like water. I might consider finance myself another new vehicle better.
@stephcjh (32385)
I hear ya. Itis always an expense when it comes to owning a car. You never really own it. It owns you because it is constantly in need of repairs and upkeep.
That is outrageous, don't you think, the total cost of it might up to $1,200, and I just don't have the money to pay for it. And the mechanic wants to make that business, and they kind of pushing it. Sorry, No money, would you do it free for me?
@inertia4 (26989)
It all depends on the age of the vehicle. But remember one thing, any mechanic shop, even a dealership, they look at the car and then try to up sell more work. Sometimes the vehicle does not need that work done right away. But, the radiator is important because you can overheat and stall out. The struts I am sure can wait a little.
@salonga (28056)
My dear maintaining an old car is just like saving money in a pocket full of holes. So you really have to consider buying a new vehicle instead of continuously spending for the repair and maintenance of that old one. If you will compute the expenses for its repair and maintenance you will be shocked to see that it could be enough for the down-payment for a new one.
Yep, car maintenance is really a pain in the pocket. I know some people who really poured down their savings and money just to buy a car and ended up not using it because they forgot to foresee the other expenses it incurs. They forgot to factor in the cost of gasoline and also the maintenance that the car needs. Poor them, they never get to use their cars to the maximum benefit. Anyway, your car seems to be pretty old now. Better look for a buyer for it once you finish the repairs and get yourself a new one. Maintenance costs for old cars become pretty big as time passes that it isn't really cost effective anymore to put on the money for it.